FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.2+] TDM - Torrent & Download Manager for Android

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 25

By buggs2k, Member on 19th July 2013, 03:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I would like to submit my new application "Download Manager for Android". With this app you can speed up your internet downloads as much as 500% (depends on the server and your connection). Also this applications allows to download torrents.

Another useful feature is that you won't lose any downloaded data in case of connection lose or download error. You can always resume you download from the point it failed thus saving data and money on your 3G/4G link (this is especially usful when the signal is unstable).

Google play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id=megabyte.dm
Opera store link: http://apps.opera.com/pl_fi/download...r_android.html
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to buggs2k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift buggs2k Ad-Free

19th July 2013, 03:25 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 236

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs2k

Hi,

I would like to submit my new application "Download Manager for Android". With this app you can speed up your downloads as much as 500% (depends on the server and your connection).

Another useful feature is that you won't lose any downloaded data in case of connection lose or download error. You can always resume you download from the point it failed thus saving data and money on your 3G/4G link (this is especially usful when the signal is unstable).

Google play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id=megabyte.dm

Looks nice. I will take a try. I'm curious how do you do this "With this app you can speed up your downloads as much as 500%"? It's incredible.
The Following User Says Thank You to dasi1241 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dasi1241 Ad-Free
19th July 2013, 03:43 PM |#3  
Flag Taipei
Thanks Meter: 3,330

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasi1241

Looks nice. I will take a try. I'm curious how do you do this "With this app you can speed up your downloads as much as 500%"? It's incredible.

I also wants to know how it can speed up my download.
19th July 2013, 04:48 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can you please provide some data that how it will increase the speed.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda premium
20th July 2013, 11:35 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cities516

I also wants to know how it can speed up my download.

The speed boost is achieved by splitting the file into multiple pieces and downloading them all at once. Such an approach provides an overall speed boost for almost any download, however the best boost is achieved for servers that have an download speed limit per connection (those types of server aren't that uncommon - most big server have some sort of limit especially for non premium accounts).

For example if the server has a limit of 500Kb per connection and you use one connection for the download (like a normal browser does), then you only get 500Kb of max speed. However if you split the file into 10 pieces and use 10 connection, then you download speed is 500Kb * 10. Ofcourse if your internet speed is less then 500Kb then you won't see any boost.

Also I think that even if you don't achieve a boost for a certain file or server, then is still worth using this application as with this app you will never lose your downloaded data. If you battery dies in the middle of the download, then you can always plug in the charger press the download resume button and continue without loosing any downloaded data. Even a couple of hours later you can still resume your downloads (hell maybe even weeks if the downloads file doesn't change or gets removed from the server).
The Following User Says Thank You to buggs2k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift buggs2k Ad-Free
22nd July 2013, 02:55 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thumbs up
Very nice. I can download music from my favorite site 2x faster now
22nd July 2013, 04:52 PM |#7  
Flag Indore
Thanks Meter: 1,952

More
my net speed is 128kbps so no 5x for me.. bt i must say its a decent downloader good work
23rd July 2013, 11:35 AM |#8  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_droid

my net speed is 128kbps so no 5x for me.. bt i must say its a decent downloader good work

Yes, unforchantly you need 1Mbps or more to see any speed benefites Anyway you can still enjoy the abitlity to resume failed downloades from the point they failed (without losing any downloaded data). So you don't have to worry about battery deaths or Internet signal loses.
24th July 2013, 05:52 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:

Yes, unforchantly you need 1Mbps or more to see any speed benefites Anyway you can still enjoy the abitlity to resume failed downloades from the point they failed (without losing any downloaded data). So you don't have to worry about battery deaths or Internet signal loses.

Changing the ICON would be nice rest all is fine, would update if I have any issues
25th July 2013, 04:05 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K900i

Changing the ICON would be nice rest all is fine, would update if I have any issues

Thanks for the tip Any suggestions on how the icon should look like?
25th July 2013, 08:20 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:

Thanks for the tip Any suggestions on how the icon should look like?

I am personally a fan of minimalism, So I'd say you go with a flat/minimalistic yet attractive look. I'll try to link if I have any examples in particular
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)