[ROM][I9205][18th Aug] Cassie's XtraLiteRom V4 - Your Rom Your Way

3,207 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,777

By thering1975, Senior Member on 21st July 2013, 07:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Cassie's XtraLiteRom for the Samsung Galaxy Mega LTE I9205

Based On Stock Slovenia MG7 Rom

History

I moved to the Galaxy Mega from the Samsung Galaxy Note and had produced one of the longest running roms for that phone, so now i pay my attention to the Galaxy Mega devices.

Its currently early days for this device and roms, as of 21st July we still have issues with CWM, Root, amongst other things so its back to the drawing board

Those who knew my later edition roms know that they came with Aroma Installer, alas this is another area thats not playing ball at the moment so ive gone back to the good ole days of producing a slim rom with removed app updates zips. Dont worry as development progresses the old style install will come back

Rom Details for V4 18th August 2013

Based on Stock MG7 Slovenia
Odexed
Pre Rooted with Super SU 1.51 latest Busybox
Memory management Tweaks
Removed Init.d Tweak
Removed Thunderbolted for smooth performance / battery life balance
Changed lockscreen light flare to blue orb, original images by kr3g3rs all creds to him
Stripped to the BONE, Apks, Libs,Media,tts,Others
Currently 570MB - original over 1.1gb

Install Instructions For V4

1) Make sure you are rooted and have CWM installed
2) Make sure you have a Backup incase things go pete tong
3) Copy Rom Zip to your phone
4) IN CWM - Factory reset, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik
5) Select Install Rom in CWM Main Screen
6) Select The file you copied over and click Yes
7) The installer WILL throw an error at the end but dont worry its all fine
8) When you click reboot now it may give you another warning about loosing root and it will ask you if you want to fix it - CLICK YES
9) First boot will be a while

Known Issues

A) Not an issue so to speak but certain menu items will cause a crash if you have not installed the additional apps, i.e faceunlock, or help file etc not a bug just the benefits of slim rom, but you probably wont come across it, Video player has odd dependancies

Tips and Tricks

1) Give yourself Developer Mode - Click Build Properties in about device until it tells you success
2) Turn animations to .5x instead of x1
3) Folder Mount works perfectly if you have it backedup when you open just pin the apps (after you install them before you open them)
4) Turn wifi on off at set times, Goto settings > Wifi > Advanced> set time

DOWNLOADS

Cassies XtraLiteRom V4 main and removed
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to thering1975 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thering1975 Ad-Free
21st July 2013, 07:47 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Users

One thing I pride myself on is my n7000 thread never turned into a flame war.

We were all new to this and needes help on the way.

I always flash my builds every which way I can as to reduce any risk.

All I ask is that you read and follow instructions before asking a question. However I will always answer where possible and I ask users of this rom to assist each other.

I appreciate english is not everyones first language an I ask you all to understand that when assisting people. People should always search first but we shall not flame anyone who does not

So please all play nice and enjoy yourselves
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to thering1975 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thering1975 Ad-Free
21st July 2013, 07:47 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Old Versions

Rom Details for V2 1st August 2013

Based on Stock MED
De-Odexed
Pre Rooted with Super SU 1.51 latest Busybox
Memory management Tweaks
Init.d Apk Hack for activating boot time startup scripts credits to RYUinferno
Thunderbolted for smooth performance / battery life balance
Stripped to the BONE, Apks, Libs,Media,tts,Others
Currently 540MB - original over 1.1gb

Cassies XtraLiteRom V2 Deodexed Tbolted

V2 Removed Apps

Rom Details for BETA 2 Edition 21st July 2013

Based on Uk Stock MEA rom no kernel inc
Deodexed
Zipaligned
Pre Rooted with latest Busybox
Supercharged Services.Jar for those who like V6 Supercharger
DieHardened Memory Management
Stripped to the BONE (further betas will be slimer)
Currently 678MB

Cassies XtraLiteRom Beta 2 Build

MD5 CHECKSUM - 1E814013D7E1D6A3FB9F65854619AFC2

Please remember this is the first beta for this device, dont expect miracles just yet, over time all roms will get better as we gain more support accross ths field, Oh and of course you have done a backup right???????? Dont blame me if you muck it up.

Beta .2 XSA Kernel Update

Removed Apps - Allshare

Removed Apps - Face Detection for Lock Screen

Removed Apps - Kies

Removed Apps - Ringtones and notifications

Removed Apps - Samsung Bloat

Removed Apps - Samsung core apps

Removed Apps - Samsung Fonts

Removed Apps - Samsung S Cloud

Removed Apps - Widgets
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thering1975 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thering1975 Ad-Free
21st July 2013, 08:53 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
thering1975 In the local forum i participate in some people flashed I9205 based rom onto their I9200 devices, taking the modem file (NON-HLOS.bin) out of the firmaware, an this worked fine. As an option it's also possible to remove the kernel and recovery from the firmware and in this case you won't get the two red lines after flashing. I guess your rom can be flashed to the i9200 in this way also?
21st July 2013, 08:58 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baladev

thering1975 In the local forum i participate in some people flashed I9205 based rom onto their I9200 devices, taking the modem file (NON-HLOS.bin) out of the firmaware, an this worked fine. As an option it's also possible to remove the kernel and recovery from the firmware and in this case you won't get the two red lines after flashing. I guess your rom can be flashed to the i9200 in this way also?

For the moment the modem is removed as ia the kernel.

No recovery is included as no cuatom kernel or cwm is done yet.

As for will it work on i9200 I cant say in theory I cant see why not as long as the partition table matches but alas im not going to recommend it so try at your risk.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to thering1975 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thering1975 Ad-Free
21st July 2013, 09:33 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Congratulations! This is officially the first custom ROM for the Galaxy Mega 6.3. I'm sure this will be the best ROM just like with my original Note. Hopefully the issues with CWM and root will be ironed out soon. I am not bothered with AROMA as long as I get the slimmest ROM possible with rock solid stability. All the extras can be put in a separate file for those who want them.

So with Foldermount, is this correct?
* Do a backup of the mounts in the app
* No need to put the data back into phone storage
* After installing custom ROM, install apps that use foldermount
* Before opening the apps, restore foldermount data

Is the default phone storage bigger in this ROM? Thanks for all the hard work
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gx3k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gx3k Ad-Free
21st July 2013, 09:42 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx3k

Congratulations! This is officially the first custom ROM for the Galaxy Mega 6.3. I'm sure this will be the best ROM just like with my original Note. Hopefully the issues with CWM and root will be ironed out soon. I am not bothered with AROMA as long as I get the slimmest ROM possible with rock solid stability. All the extras can be put in a separate file for those who want them.

So with Foldermount, is this correct?
* Do a backup of the mounts in the app
* No need to put the data back into phone storage
* After installing custom ROM, install apps that use foldermount
* Before opening the apps, restore foldermount data

Is the default phone storage bigger in this ROM? Thanks for all the hard work

I backed folder mount both with tb and its internal backup

Google rerestored all apps

Open folder mount and pinned the apps

Started apps and they all worked without downloading again

An thanks its crude at the mo hence beta tag loads to add in and ill update it regularly. Got loads to so but its stable so far and pretty snappy.

The Following User Says Thank You to thering1975 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thering1975 Ad-Free
21st July 2013, 09:45 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
A little extra storage in build one but original full rom is about a gig this is 680 or so but I got a way to go yet. Plenty of optimising nd strramlining. Plus nees to add in built in updater etc. The core setup without addons is heavily ut back probably save another 100mb from language files etc.

21st July 2013, 09:47 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Once I have a full stable version I will try to cook a 9200 edition as well just need to iron out the system to how I want it

21st July 2013, 09:59 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thering1975

I backed folder mount both with tb and its internal backup

Google rerestored all apps

Open folder mount and pinned the apps

Started apps and they all worked without downloading again

An thanks its crude at the mo hence beta tag loads to add in and ill update it regularly. Got loads to so but its stable so far and pretty snappy.

I see, I just need to back everything using Titanium backup and restore them like usual. I deleted most bloatware manually and currently I get almost 900MB RAM free. The only Samsung app I use is the Watch On to use the remote control function of the Mega. Keep up the excellent work
21st July 2013, 10:03 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Use tb sparingly it can be a pain I restore data only.

Foldrrmount has its own backup in its settings I think. The app data is on your sd card so once pinned all good

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)