FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Galaxy S4 browser?!?!

480 posts
Thanks Meter: 105

By calvin35, Senior Member on 22nd July 2013, 04:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
As Samsung continues its apparent march towards closed source am I the only one surprised at how bad Galaxy S4 browser is? It is slow, unresponsive at times, has no real fullscreen option and quick settings have been removed. It also has no ability to sync with Google accounts. Am i the only seeing this?

22nd July 2013, 04:34 AM |#2  
Flag Corona, CA - Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks Meter: 310

More
It has its perks on Some things then there's other stuff like you mentioned that doesn't make it good. I usually use chrome but I'm just trying to find another alternative that has flash options besides xscope and firefox. I really love dolphin browser but can't figure out how to run the flash option for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
22nd July 2013, 04:40 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
running aosp browser right now, d best browser for me so far. full screen, quick side controls and full flash enabled! beast!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1374464412529.jpg
Views:	981
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	2134225  
22nd July 2013, 04:48 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrad12

running aosp browser right now, d best browser for me so far. full screen, quick side controls and full flash enabled! beast!

I agree with you, that's the browser I'm using a well. It just seems that Samsung took a huge step backwards with the GS4 browser when compared to the GS3.
22nd July 2013, 04:54 AM |#5  
Flag Corona, CA - Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks Meter: 310

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrad12

I would love to run that browser but still stock at the moment in case anything happens to my phone I wouldn't have to hassle with reverting it back to stock but I'm on MF3 also so I can't root.

22nd July 2013, 08:10 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
It does suck. I use Chrome. I wish the air view features worked with chrome tho

22nd July 2013, 04:13 PM |#7  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 2,051

More
+5 it isn't as good as the previous Samsung browsers. No Google bookmarks sync and what I really don't like is how slow switching tab is.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
22nd July 2013, 05:25 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
my button to view open tabs seems to go unresponsive occasionally. someone please tell me I am doing it wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to sixftsix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sixftsix Ad-Free
24th July 2013, 01:47 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,337

More
It sucks badly. The browser from the note2 works on it but the bookmarks tab crashes every now and Then.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
26th July 2013, 09:15 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
It seemed OK at first but the more I use it the more awful it seems.

It can't reflow text so you have either zoom out and read tiny text (the text size option helps a bit but not as good as reflow) or zoom in then scroll sideways back and forth. The f-ing SGS1 had this!

The window manager (ie. tab selector) thing takes forever to come up. Does anyone else have it refuse to come up at all? (sixftsix apparently) That happens to me about once a week.
27th July 2013, 08:34 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
GS4 Stock browser is chrome based... which is not updated sloppy old chrome plus some airview/multiwindow support.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)