FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Wildfire cwm install help

30 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By Arzenic, Junior Member on 22nd July 2013, 11:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello there. after years i recieved a HTC wildfire from a friend. and i thought to root it and install some custom roms.
It is S-off
Hboot version is 1.01.002
and i was able to root it and install superuser.
but the problem is i was not able to install cwm recovery
i tried rom manager method, and also via fastboot usb flash
The install process goes well but i can't enter in to cwm recovery. When i click the recovery option in boot menu it takes me to old recovery screen
Obviously i'm missing something here

Can you guys please help me out??
 
 
22nd July 2013, 11:44 AM |#2  
Gargoyles's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 138
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arzenic

Hello there. after years i recieved a HTC wildfire from a friend. and i thought to root it and install some custom roms.
It is S-off
Hboot version is 1.01.002
and i was able to root it and install superuser.
but the problem is i was not able to install cwm recovery
i tried rom manager method, and also via fastboot usb flash
The install process goes well but i can't enter in to cwm recovery. When i click the recovery option in boot menu it takes me to old recovery screen
Obviously i'm missing something here

Can you guys please help me out??

Hi! What cwm you installed? And from where?
The Following User Says Thank You to Gargoyles For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gargoyles Ad-Free
22nd July 2013, 12:15 PM |#3  
miniAndroidian's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 169
 
More
Put that file on your SD Card and the HBOOT should detect it and install it. Tell me if it worked or not.

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|74...G.zip|3394|0|0 (CWM 5.0.2.8)
The Following User Says Thank You to miniAndroidian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift miniAndroidian Ad-Free
24th July 2013, 12:01 AM |#4  
heavy_metal_man's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 776
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arzenic

Hello there. after years i recieved a HTC wildfire from a friend. and i thought to root it and install some custom roms.
It is S-off
Hboot version is 1.01.002
and i was able to root it and install superuser.
but the problem is i was not able to install cwm recovery
i tried rom manager method, and also via fastboot usb flash
The install process goes well but i can't enter in to cwm recovery. When i click the recovery option in boot menu it takes me to old recovery screen
Obviously i'm missing something here

Can you guys please help me out??

does the bootloader say revolutionary s-off or just s-off? if just s-off you need to do the bootloader pc49img method
The Following User Says Thank You to heavy_metal_man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift heavy_metal_man Ad-Free
28th July 2013, 07:05 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyles

Hi! What cwm you installed? And from where?

Thanks for the reply buddy. cwm 5. something


Quote:
Originally Posted by miniAndroidian

Put that file on your SD Card and the HBOOT should detect it and install it. Tell me if it worked or not.

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|74...G.zip|3394|0|0 (CWM 5.0.2.8)

worked as a charm. Thanks alot

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_metal_man

does the bootloader say revolutionary s-off or just s-off? if just s-off you need to do the bootloader pc49img method


Thanks a lot buddy. it worked
29th July 2013, 01:03 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
New Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniAndroidian

Put that file on your SD Card and the HBOOT should detect it and install it. Tell me if it worked or not.

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|74...G.zip|3394|0|0 (CWM 5.0.2.8)



Could you please upload it to mediafire I can't download it from rapidshare
29th July 2013, 01:37 AM |#7  
miniAndroidian's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 169
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by |tngo|

Could you please upload it to mediafire I can't download it from rapidshare

Yup me too...I uploaded it to Zippyshare because i dont have a mediafire account. This one is made by myself test it and see if it works (and report pls!)

Edit- wrong file will upload later again
29th July 2013, 02:36 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thumbs up Thanks :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniAndroidian

Yup me either...I uploaded it to Zippyshare because i dont have a mediafire account. This one is made by myself test it and see if it works (and report pls!)

Edit- wrong file will upload later again

Okay I am waiting
29th July 2013, 10:02 AM |#9  
miniAndroidian's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 169
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by |tngo|

Okay I am waiting

Here it is.
http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/70647552/file.html

As i said before just put it on the root of your SD card and HBOOT should detect it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miniAndroidian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift miniAndroidian Ad-Free
30th July 2013, 06:02 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniAndroidian

Here it is.
http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/70647552/file.html

As i said before just put it on the root of your SD card and HBOOT should detect it.


Thanks man it works but I edit in txt file according to the device:


modelid: PC4910000
cidnum: HTC__J15
mainver: 2.37.415.1
hbootpreupdate:12
DelCache: 1
31st July 2013, 04:55 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
I wonder if you can help me I have also aquired a buzz feom a friend. It is the latest firmware with s on. How do I root? I tried a couple of tools on xda but to joy

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes