FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Tutorial] How to Root Samsung Galaxy Korean Phones using Tegrak Kernel

3,917 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,377

By xsenman, Senior Member on 23rd July 2013, 12:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Korean Phones using Tegrak Kernel?

Files Needed:-

1. odin3 ver 1.85 or here for other versions.

2. Download Tegrak Rooting Kernel according to your Phone Model and ROM you using.

a) Galaxy S SHW-M110S Build 39 WF07

b) Galaxy K SHW-M130K Build 39 WC21

c) Galaxy U SHW-M130L Build 39 WC20

d) Galaxy S Hoppin SHW-M190S Build 38 WD19

e) all other Korean Model go here and here

f) Galaxy S3 versions

g) Galaxy S4 versions

1- Download odin3 and Tegrak kernel file as given above according to your Phone Model and version of ROM ( last 4 digits is phone ROM Version )

2- When using Odin to Flash, Unplug any USB device attached to your Computer and shut down KIES.

Open task manager and close these :
Kies.exe ,
KiesTrayAgent.exe, and
KiesPDLR.exe

IF your downloaded File ( be it in .tar, .zip, .md5 format ) is/got corrupted, Odin could get stuck too, so download from another source, if it happens repeatedly and this IF setup connection fails in Odin3

Lets start to Flash the Kernel :- (will only take 3 seconds to complete)

1. Power down the phone. Remove battery and press and hold your power button for at least 30 seconds to a min, before reinserting battery. Press and hold Home button with Power button. your phone will go into [Download Mode for Galaxy S] , this may vary for other models , so use the method to enter download mode for your unit.

2. Fireup Odin3 ( you can use any version of Odin3 ) in your PC

3. Connect phone in download mode with your computer using Samsung USB cable [ Odin3 will detect] and Com port will turn Yellow or Green color

4. Click the "PDA" button in Odin3 and browse for the Tegrak kernel that you have downloaded earlier, than click open

5. Press start button in Odin3. Odin3 will start flashing and comport will turn Green or Blue and it will inform you to remove USB connection.

If you did any mistakes or errors, always restart Odin3 before attempting to Flash again

6. Phone will reboot using the Tegrak Kernel Recovery Screen, in order to get it rooted and to use other features tegrak has you need to install the Tegrak kernel app . Which is free to download from Google play Store. Once this app is install in your phone just open it and scroll down to "Root Phone" to get your phone Rooted, you can also get it unrooted by clicking unroot phone.

That's it, your Korean Phone is now rooted

If you have boot loops, look in My Android Solutions for guide to resolve any problem that arises

All other needs or guides can be gotten from links below
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xsenman Ad-Free
23rd July 2013, 04:23 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy root my SHWM190S
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman

1. odin3

2. Download Tegrak Rooting Kernel according to your Phone Model

e) all other Korean Model go here

1- Download odin3 and Tegrak kernel file as given above according to your Phone Model and version of ROM ( last 4 digits is phone ROM Version )

2- When using Odin to Flash, Unplug any USB device attached to your Computer and shut down KIES.

Kies.exe ,
KiesTrayAgent.exe, and
KiesPDLR.exe

IF your downloaded File ( be it in .tar, .zip, .md5 format ) is/got corrupted, Odin could get stuck too, so download from another source, if it happens repeatedly

1. Power down the phone. Remove battery and press and hold your power button for at least 30 seconds to a min, before reinserting battery
Press and hold Home button with Power button. your phone will go into [Download Mode]

3. Connect phone in download mode with your computer using Samsung USB cable [ Odin3 will detect] and Com port will turn Yellow color

4. Click the "PDA" button in Odin3 and browse for the Tegrak kernel that you have downloaded earlier, than click open

5. Press start button in Odin3. Odin3 will start flashing and comport will turn Green or Blue and it will inform you to remove USB connection.

If you did any mistakes or errors, always restart Odin3 before attempting to Flash again

6. Phone will reboot using the Tegrak Kernel boot screen, in order to get it rooted and to use other features tegrak has you need to install the Tegrak kernel app . Which is free to download from Google play Store. Once this app is install in your phone just open it and scroll down to "Root Phone" to get your phone Rooted, you can also get it unrooted by clicking unroot phone.

If you have boot loops, look in My Android Solutions for guide to resolve any problem that arises

i did every thing ok...but nothing happened to anithing..i send my screen shot..Press and hold Home button with Power button nothing work..i Press and hold Home button and volume down button with Power button Connect phone in download mode with your computer using Samsung USB cable [ Odin3 will detect] and Com port will turn Yellow color

this is my screen shot
24th July 2013, 12:34 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philippines

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iresh041

[SIZE="5"]i did every thing ok...but nothing happened to anithing..

reason you are getting stuck on setup connection is because, you may not have Kill KIES running on your PC in the background

Kies.exe ,
KiesTrayAgent.exe, and
KiesPDLR.exe

IF your downloaded File ( be it in .tar, .zip, .md5 format ) is/got corrupted, Odin could get stuck too, so download from another source, if it happens repeatedly
The Following User Says Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xsenman Ad-Free
24th July 2013, 03:20 PM |#4  

More
Unhappy Question is still here
Quote:

reason you are getting stuck on setup connection is because, you may not have Kill KIES running on your PC in the background

Kies.exe ,
KiesTrayAgent.exe, and
KiesPDLR.exe

My Problem is still here...I have Kill KIES running on My PC..but same result
24th July 2013, 04:08 PM |#5  
Flag Norrköping
Thanks Meter: 125

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iresh041

My Problem is still here...I have Kill KIES running on My PC..but same result

Pull out battery, insert it again and start it up in download mode.
Connect and try again
If it doesn't work, do the same again but close Odin and open it.
I've had some problems getting stuck at setup connection, either Odin had been opened to long or my phone had been in download mode for to long. Strange issues and shouldn't affect it really (?) but worked for me.
Note, I have the international phone, but yeah, could be worth a shot

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to X10_minipro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift X10_minipro Ad-Free
25th July 2013, 12:27 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philippines

More
Odin does get stuck at "setup connection"...meaning unable to get a safe connection to your phone to flash mostly due to

a) KIES or its services is running in the background
b) The file you are trying to Flash is corrupted
c) The PC has some conflicts with Odin Flash process

How to solve

a) Kill all background process of KIES by using Task Manager
b) Download File again from a differnt source
c) Reboot PC, always Reboot Odin3 for every attempt or try from another PC , best results with a laptop
The Following User Says Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xsenman Ad-Free
13th August 2013, 09:29 AM |#7  

More
samsung Galaxy GT-i9000
Brother

i have samsung Galaxy gt-i9000 and there had Gingerbread 2.3.6 xxjw4 which was stuck due to CF-Root. now i have tried to use a package named xxjvu but it was the korean version of SHW-m110 it has sccessfully installed on my phone but in the Setting about phone where firstly was GT-i9000 has repaced with shw-m110s and version where firstly was xxjw4 has replaced with SHW-M110 and many applicaions have also korean and in the dialled called a button has appear to call to korea too. please guide me what to do.

can i install xxjw4 again or higher please reply

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Please Reply

i have wrongly rooted the phone please Reply

Plz
13th August 2013, 09:34 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philippines

More
what is your Phone Model, is i9000 or M110S, read this
12th October 2013, 03:37 PM |#9  

More
please help after instal tegrak kernel my phone cannt boot into menu

just show tegrak menu recovery and sound

how to solved it?

i cannt find firmware
12th October 2013, 11:48 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philippines

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.omphonx

how to solved it?
i cannt find firmware

what is your phone model? and what firmware you had on it before? what firmware you cannot find?

Check this out! You , YES! you are an " Android ". Not your phone but U.

You Must watch this documentary concerning your privacy Terms & Conditions we had agreed to, by using a PC or Smartphone

How to say Thank you? If you find any post helpful on XDA, click on their Thanks button
If you are using XDA App or Tapatalk, long press on the post and select Thanks

Its easier to give "Feedback" in this manner than make an additional post.
19th October 2013, 04:59 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Flashing Galaxy hoppin M190S model
Quote:

1. odin3 ver 1.85 or here for other versions.

2. Download Tegrak Rooting Kernel according to your Phone Model and ROM you using.

e) all other Korean Model go here and here

f) Galaxy S3 versions

g) Galaxy S4 versions

Kies.exe ,
KiesTrayAgent.exe, and
KiesPDLR.exe

IF your downloaded File ( be it in .tar, .zip, .md5 format ) is/got corrupted, Odin could get stuck too, so download from another source, if it happens repeatedly and this IF setup connection fails in Odin3

1. Power down the phone. Remove battery and press and hold your power button for at least 30 seconds to a min, before reinserting battery. Press and hold Home button with Power button. your phone will go into [Download Mode for Galaxy S] , this may vary for other models , so use the method to enter download mode for your unit.

3. Connect phone in download mode with your computer using Samsung USB cable [ Odin3 will detect] and Com port will turn Yellow or Green color

6. Phone will reboot using the Tegrak Kernel Recovery Screen, in order to get it rooted and to use other features tegrak has you need to install the Tegrak kernel app . Which is free to download from Google play Store. Once this app is install in your phone just open it and scroll down to "Root Phone" to get your phone Rooted, you can also get it unrooted by clicking unroot phone.

Hello Sir,

I have a galaxy Hoppin M190s phone, which i bought in korea for second hand. there were some issues with mobile data connection when i came back to india. So one of the mobile service center, they tried to flash new rom. While flashing the rom, device got stuck suddenly and flashing rom dint happen completely. Now device is not loading. it comes up still Samsung Any call, after that it is not proceeding further.

Things i tried :
1. i downloaded the latest M190s kernel from SKT website and placed in the memory card.
2. then i tried entering into download mode by pressing home+power+volume down/up button.
Device displays following things for 10 mins and display goes off.

RST_STAT = 0xfffff
PMIC_IRQ1 = 0XC0 F
PMIC_IRQ2 = 0X2C F
PMIC_IRQ3 = 0X3F F
PMIC_IRQ4 = 0X0 F
PMIC_STATUS1 = 0X0 F
PMIC_STATUS2 = 0X0 F

3. I tried to flash the rom via ODIN (3.9 version), device does not gets detected in the PC. Some usb detection sound will come after that it will get undetected within a second. And as you mentioned in the previous post, odin doesnt change to yellow color.

Can you please please help me in bringing my phone up, as i found other posts related to M190s issues, were not much useful.?
The Following User Says Thank You to vijayanand1231 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vijayanand1231 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root galaxy s2 s3 s4, root m110s, root m130k or m130l, root m180s or k or l, root m190s

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)