FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Unable to do PRL or profile updates (errors every time)

294 posts
Thanks Meter: 81

By myphone12345, Senior Member on 24th July 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Every time I try to do a PRL or profile update, the phone tries for a while, then comes back saying it failed with the error: "Connection Error (6602)."

Anyone experience this also? Any ideas on how to resolve?

I am on stock MF9 rooted (with hotspot but no other mods).

24th July 2013, 04:28 PM |#2  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 3,085

More
Do ##72786# and see if it helps

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
24th July 2013, 08:33 PM |#3  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,901

Donate to Me
More
adding to what @daniel4653 said... try to do it over wifi.
26th July 2013, 03:19 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

Do ##72786# and see if it helps

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I tried it and it totally f'ed up my phone temporarily because not only did it not work, but the same kind of error was then preventing the "hands free activation" from completing. I was SOL and really sweating bullets there for a while but then on like the 20th try it succeeded which made me realize what was going on... I happened to drive into a 3G-only area (usually I am in a 4G area). So, it appears that the problem is with trying to do updates over LTE, only then do I get the error. If I am in a 3G-only area then updates work okay. It's almost as if the APN settings for FOTA are messed up or something (though I did not touch those but maybe something happened on the Sprint side without equivalent profile adjustment on the phone's end).

So, I still have the problem but it is only on 4G LTE. If I want to do updates I have to put the phone into CDMA only mode; plus, firmware changes I always do by hand manually. So I have a workaround but it would be nice to know why this now fails on LTE. I don't recall having this issue before it started appearing last week.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)