[Q] How to upgrade android OS 1.5 to ≥ 2.1?

Search This thread

rarearmor

Jul 25, 2013
Hey guys, I just lost my phone and got an htc magic phone from a friend and i would like to download certain apps, but some of them require android 2.1 OS or higher..

is there any way to upgrade the OS from 1.5 to ≥ 2.1? If anyone knows, please post a step by step procedure for the upgrade..

the specs of my htc magic are:

SAPPHIRE PVT 32A SHIP S-ON H
HBOOT - 1.33.0009 (SAPP10000)
CPLD - 12
RADIO - 3.22.20.17
May 8 2009, 21:02:32

tvall

Oct 10, 2010
Springfield
Step one, root.
Step two, custom recovery
Step three, install a rom you like

On android 1.5, universal androot is an easy app to gain root. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=747598
An old version of rom manager could be used for a custom recovery. If it refuses to work (android 1.5 is very old..) you could install it manually, or use another app like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=acr.recovery.installation.utility
For a custom rom, my biased recommendation for a 32a device like yours is my cm7 rom. Find it it my signature

Sent from my Evo V 4G using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: rarearmor

rarearmor

Jul 25, 2013
tvall, after i flashed the cm7 rom and kernel, then reboot, my htc magic is just stuck at the cm7 animation loop..
any ideas why and/or how to fix this ?

Edit: nevermind, i just skipped the wipe cache, wipe/factory reset and wipe dalvik cache steps before flashing.. now its up and running! thanks heaps tvall!

Last edited:

rarearmor

Jul 25, 2013
By the way, that old rom manager doesn't work on my poor old htc magic. I followed some youtube video on how to do flash recovery using RA's recovery instead and that seems to work lol.

rarearmor

Jul 25, 2013
the apn settings seem fine.
I just found out my internet only works if i tick both "data enabled" and "international/national data roaming". im not overseas or anything

is this normal? will i get charged more for using data?

pmerced

Sep 29, 2011
By the way, that old rom manager doesn't work on my poor old htc magic. I followed some youtube video on how to do flash recovery using RA's recovery instead and that seems to work lol.

Good to hear you work it out.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

gcfr001

Sep 28, 2013
htc dream versn 1.5

pls guys am new ere nd aso new to android but i d like to knw if i can upgrde my dream 1.5 to a higher version and also wat re d steps i d need....thnx expectn ur reply.

Top Liked Posts