FORUMS

(3 August) Unofficial CM 10.2 for Pollux_Windy (Wifi Only)

19,537 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,804

By pulser_g2, Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer on 27th July 2013, 06:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Unofficial, no warranty, express or implied. Not final, nothing to do with the CM people, not backed by them, not made by them, may cause corruption of innocent kittens if used irresponsibly. I am posting this only because the main CM sources are not perfect right now for building for Qualcomm devices just yet, and need some tweaks in new branches.

CM 10.2 Android 4.3 built for, and working on Pollux_Windy, once again thanks to Sony using such nice, open-source-friendly devices.

Working:

WiFi
Compass + sensors
Sound
Bluetooth
Front + Rear Camera
External SD (including ExFAT)

Not Working:

GPS

This is for the Pollux_Windy (SGP311) Wifi ONLY tablet. It should work on the SGP312 (32 GB wifi only) as well, but will NOT work on the Pollux (with LTE).

http://goo.im/devs/pulser/TabletZSGP...llux_windy.zip
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pulser_g2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2013, 12:06 AM |#2  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Tried to flash this but i'm getting an error about device build prop not matching requirements. I had a 312 rom on first, and flashed a 311 stock rom, but still get the error. My device is 311 by default.

Do i need to edit my build.prop? Even though my device shows as SGP311?

EDIT: Ah nevermind, i had the stock bootloader still installed. Doh!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130728_000329.jpg
Views:	817
Size:	257.3 KB
ID:	2147706  
30th July 2013, 03:47 PM |#4  
OP Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer

More
Updated to 30 July build - includes the new Focal camera app. Yes, it has a few bugs with tablets and orientation. It's known.
31st July 2013, 11:12 AM |#5  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Is root possible yet? I tried the supersu zip that was attached in op, but still needs the binary according to the supersu app. Do we need to adb push the binary?

Edit: Nevermind, just tried the latest supersu and works fine.
31st July 2013, 01:56 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I can't get a restricted user to work for the life of me. All kinds of processes are force stopping and I couldn't pick trebuchet from the list on setup either, though I did manage to work around that with Apex eventually, though Apex kept crashing too.

I assume apps might have to support this (or at least launchers?) But core processes?

I did dirty flash so it's possible that has something to do with it.

Still digging around. I'll clean flash later to retry restricted users too.

C
31st July 2013, 03:54 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdalessio

I can't get a restricted user to work for the life of me. All kinds of processes are force stopping and I couldn't pick trebuchet from the list on setup either, though I did manage to work around that with Apex eventually, though Apex kept crashing too.

I assume apps might have to support this (or at least launchers?) But core processes?

I did dirty flash so it's possible that has something to do with it.

Still digging around. I'll clean flash later to retry restricted users too.

C

Restricted profiles are not tested or a priority right now in CM I believe.
1st August 2013, 10:40 PM |#8  
Flag Stockton-On-Tees
Thanks Meter: 54

Donate to Me
More
Got this working on my xtz SGP311 seems really quick so far recovery plays nice, only real issues I've encountered is that the screen flickers black every now and then using the aosp browser and MX player pro doesn't work as android 4.3 isn't supported yet which has nothing to do with the rom.

WiFi and GPS seem to working used google maps to find a location and navigate there had no issues with those yet.

Definitely something different over the Sony ui and less cluttered just need the sony remote

Gonna have a play with it and see how I get on with it lots of options to play with hehe

Sent from my SGP311 using XDA Premium HD app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375392721187.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	2158513  
1st August 2013, 11:47 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andymg350

Got this working on my xtz SGP311 seems really quick so far recovery plays nice, only real issues I've encountered is that the screen flickers black every now and then using the aosp browser and MX player pro doesn't work as android 4.3 isn't supported yet which has nothing to do with the rom.

WiFi and GPS seem to working used google maps to find a location and navigate there had no issues with those yet.

Definitely something different over the Sony ui and less cluttered just need the sony remote

Gonna have a play with it and see how I get on with it lots of options to play with hehe

Check out the project by @Apache14 that brings infrared remote control support to non Sony ROMs!

Are you sure gps is working? I don't think it should be in this ROM...
The Following User Says Thank You to pulser_g2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2013, 09:08 AM |#10  
Flag Stockton-On-Tees
Thanks Meter: 54

Donate to Me
More
I had a go at the open source IR by apache but had no luck getting it to work, but I'm not sure if I installed it right.

I'll have another play with GPS today as I've got more time and let you know I could have jumped the gun on this one lol. I quickly downloaded an app called GPS test and although it says the GPS is on it doesn't show anything else like coordinates or location I'll keep playing for now though.

3rd August 2013, 11:18 AM |#11  

More
Updated 3rd August
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pulser_g2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)