Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q&A] Acer Liquid E2

332 posts
Thanks Meter: 102

By Blackyx007, Senior Member on 27th July 2013, 09:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
About

Since there is still no device specific forum for the Acer Liquid E2,
i'd like to make this thread a place where every E2 owner can share their questions and tips regarding this awesome device

If there is a link or interesting website regarding the Acer Liquid E2 please PM so I can put it on the second post so no one has to search the entire thread for a answer

And please post as many times in the new device thread so they wil give us a device specific forum because this device really deserves its own forum
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blackyx007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blackyx007 Ad-Free
27th July 2013, 09:03 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Antwerp

More
Useful links and tips
Root Acer Liquid e2
An easy step by step guide for rooting the Acer Liquid E2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post47320580

For liquid e2 users who are running Android version 4.2.2 the above root methods will not work instead use the method described in this thread

Acer Liquid e2 Recovery
Here You'll find a easy step by step guide on how to install the Clocworkmod recovery (CWM)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post47450764
Here is the quick and easy guide on how to install TWPR recovery on the acer liquid e2
TWPR Recovery for Acer Liquid E2

CWM 6.0.5.0 for Acer Liquid E2 Thanks to Shreps

Acer Liquid e2 Restore aplications

Many people have had problems with restoring their phone due to the lack of a recovery application.

Several months back acer had an application placed on their website to restore both the Acer liquid e 2 duo as the Acer Liquid restore. E2 single sim version.
Unfortunately they removed this aplication e few days afterwards with the result that many people are faced with a bricked phone.

So to restore your Acer Liquid e2

folow the step by step guide in this thread !!

Custom Roms for Acer Liquid e2

AcerClover Beta 1

JELLYXPERIA #ROM port by Bon3ll

ACER LIQUID E2 DUO SC0RPION Not supported by developer anymore
MIUI 5 Original v1 for Acer liquid E2

ROM by arrowblue

[/SIZE]If there is something I you want me to add in this post feel free to send me a pm
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blackyx007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blackyx007 Ad-Free
28th July 2013, 05:24 PM |#3  
Flag Distorted City
Thanks Meter: 66

More
So Acer Liquid E2 single sim is really exist, eh?
Too bad in my country there's only dual sim version.

Btw i agree with you dude, this device deserves his own forum
28th July 2013, 07:01 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Antwerp

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theiNDrAs

So Acer Liquid E2 single sim is really exist, eh?
Too bad in my country there's only dual sim version.

Btw i agree with you dude, this device deserves his own forum

Here we got the Acer liquid E2 Duo and the single SIM version
The only difference between the two devices (beside the dual SIMcard of course ) is the price, the single sim version cost about 200€ (265 US$) and the Liquid E2 duo is 260€ (345 US$) so it was easy for me to choose because I've a good dataplan and I'm not a businessman I chose the single sim version

I really hope a forum for the acer liquid e2 will be created soon because we have root, CWM and its just an awesome device
30th July 2013, 11:44 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Antwerp

More
anyone has the stock rom for the acer liquid e2 single sim version please?
30th July 2013, 01:48 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackyx007

anyone has the stock rom for the acer liquid e2 single sim version please?

Hey blacky just go to the belgian acer site and get it there ... in the tab os
i can't post the link bcause i'm to new on this forum ...

in het nederlands lukt het ook wel , gewoon u gsm op de site zoeken bij stuurprogrammas en hanleidingen en bij os tabje kijken

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

[/COLOR]if your phone is rooted and has cwm i can post my backup of my phone its the single sim edition grtz
The Following User Says Thank You to smokey OG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift smokey OG Ad-Free
1st August 2013, 06:03 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Antwerp

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey OG

Hey blacky just go to the belgian acer site and get it there ... in the tab os
i can't post the link bcause i'm to new on this forum ...

in het nederlands lukt het ook wel , gewoon u gsm op de site zoeken bij stuurprogrammas en hanleidingen en bij os tabje kijken

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

[/COLOR]if your phone is rooted and has cwm i can post my backup of my phone its the single sim edition grtz

Thanks for your reaction but that's the problem I downloaded the OS from the acer site from belgium, but the rom they provided is for the acer liquid e2 duo and not for the single sim version, I even sent Acer an e-mail to ask if they could't provide the OS for the single sim version as well but still no reaction

My device is rooted but haven't installed CWM yet but will do that asap

Thanks that you want to give your backup but would this not give problems to restore a backup from a single sim rom to a dual sim rom?

thanks in advance
1st August 2013, 06:16 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

Thanks for your reaction but that's the problem I downloaded the OS from the acer site from belgium, but the rom they provided is for the acer liquid e2 duo and not for the single sim version, I even sent Acer an e-mail to ask if they could't provide the OS for the single sim version as well but still no reaction

My device is rooted but haven't installed CWM yet but will do that asap

Thanks that you want to give your backup but would this not give problems to restore a backup from a single sim rom to a dual sim rom?

thanks in advance

hey blacky ,, i just checked the acer site and they actually uploaded the single sim version ^^ last time i checked they didnt hha,, just check it ^^
so no need forr my backup ^^ grtz
The Following User Says Thank You to smokey OG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift smokey OG Ad-Free
1st August 2013, 06:20 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Antwerp

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

hey blacky ,, i just checked the acer site and they actually uploaded the single sim version ^^ last time i checked they didnt hha,, just check it ^^
so no need forr my backup ^^ grtz

owwwkeey thanks
now I can start rooting again and CWM
1st August 2013, 06:25 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

owwwkeey thanks
now I can start rooting again and CWM

^^ np just helping another E2 user ^^
hey if u need some info about custom roms\ported roms aand other stuff check the acer E2 portugese community facebook page ,, just use google translate xd

i use de xperia ported rom on the acer and its really good ^^ + the gravity box mod from C3C076

grtz
1st August 2013, 06:42 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Antwerp

More
Quote:

^^ np just helping another E2 user ^^
hey if u need some info about custom roms\ported roms aand other stuff check the acer E2 portugese community facebook page ,, just use google translate xd

i use de xperia ported rom on the acer and its really good ^^ + the gravity box mod from C3C076

grtz

thanks for your help
this awesome device definitely need his om place here on XDA
could you sent me the links to that rom and comunity please the onley thinks i can find are french and google transkate isn't that good in translating french stuff
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
acer, acer liquid e2, liquid e2, rom, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)