86.98%
No

44 Vote(s)
13.02%

[STICKY] I9505G GE GALAXY S IV ( INDEX ) ROM's / LINKS / HOW TO THREAD

879 posts
Thanks Meter: 423

Post Reply Email Thread
Welcome to the [STICKY] I9505G GE GALAXY S IV ( INDEX ) ROM's / LINKS / HOW TO THREAD formally the DISCUSSION GUIDE

This is the Official Index Roll up thread for the I9505G Google Edition Galaxy S IV. In this Index you will find helpful, links, guides, how to's and instructions for your I9505G.

Please Post any links or helpful information in this thread or you can PM me so I can link it in the OP ( If your on the I9505/I9500 Please do NOT ASK about development for your device this is for the I9505G ONLY

(DISCLAIMER) As always I nor anyone is responsible if you cannot follow instructions in this or any other thread. We assume NO liability for bricks, loss of job, or the end of life as we know it.

GUIDES & LINKS

How to get CM 10.1 & CM 10.2 working on the I9505G

How Unlock the Bootloader for the I9505G

[OTA] OTA ZIP 4.3 for I9505G

How to Update your Baseband to get the 4.3 OTA

TOUCHWIZ Development Thread Q&A

Camera Save to SD Card for Google Edition ROM's

I9505G How to Set Device Mount Points in Android Kitchen GE S IV

4.3 SD Card Issue Fixed

ROOTING THREADS

How to Root 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 JB, Kit Kat I9505G

ROM's

[ROM][Linaro-4.8] XenonHD-4.4.2 Alpha 1 (5/1/14) *Truly Stable, Fast & Butter

GOOGLE LITE EDITION 4.2.2 v.2 MFD

GOOGLE LITE EDITION 4.3 I9505GUEUBMH1 Ktoonsez Kernel

TOUCHLITE GE TOUCHWIZ ROM

RECOVERY

How to install TWRP via Odin on the I9505G

TWRP for the I9505G

[ODIN[TAR] Stock Recovery Images

MODEMS

ODIN TAR MODEMS

STOCK FIRMWARE LEAKS

Stock ODIN FIRMWARE Leaked 4.3 MFP

Stock ODIN FIRMWARE Leaked 4.3 MG8

ODIN AND HEIMDAL PACKAGES

Stock HEIMDAL 4.2.2 MFD back to Stock

[ODIN][TAR] 4.4.3 I9505GUEUCNE3 Full Rooted Restore

[ODIN][TAR] 4.4.4 I9505GUEUCNF3 Full Rooted Restore
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to MJHawaii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MJHawaii Ad-Free

27th July 2013, 10:56 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Honolulu, HI

Donate to Me
More
Reserved

Big Thanks to Illogic6 for being the Very 1st Person to get Touchwiz Booted to the I9505G post #31 and SamuriHL for solving the Baseband Update Issue and Chainfire

Modem Update : Due to the secure boot loader we cannot flash modems via cwm or any other custom recovery. You MUST update your firmware via Odin

Touchwiz Works with some ROM's like BareBones from the I9505 forum being successfully booted on the I9505G. TW Development is ongoing for the I9505G but with the small partition size some issues exist, and are being researched and worked out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2405273

11/28/2013 : KitKat initial release this week New Updated Odin Packages and ROM's please check A&D section

DONT FORGET TO THANK THE MEMBERS AND DEVS WORKING HARD ON THE I9505G DEVELOPMENT

07/21/2014: I just wanted to make a note that I still get emails and requests for help and although I am no longer doing any sort of work on the I9505G I will try to help you out if you PM me. PLEASE BIG THANK YOU TO @SamuraiHL he is really the one maintaining everything for I9505G Owners and if you have not thanked him please do. Actually without volunteering him he is your best POC for anything current. I will maintain the thread for organization now and then. ALOHA
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MJHawaii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MJHawaii Ad-Free
27th July 2013, 11:05 PM |#3  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 417

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJHawaii

Reserved

Nice to see someone do this. Hope this will build up and morph into ROM's, etc.

How is your ROM coming along?
The Following User Says Thank You to wilbarger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wilbarger Ad-Free
27th July 2013, 11:21 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Honolulu, HI

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbarger

Right now just standard kitchen tweaks on 4.3 but I am trying to get the whole device mount points set up in Cygwin and I'm having trouble because when I extract everything and open up the recovery.fstab file with notepad ++ it does not show anything but 0p1 nothing for system, boot & data so I'm lost and need help

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MJHawaii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MJHawaii Ad-Free
27th July 2013, 11:36 PM |#5  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 417

More
Quote:

Right now just standard kitchen tweaks on 4.3 but I am trying to get the whole device mount points set up in Cygwin and I'm having trouble because when I extract everything and open up the recovery.fstab file with notepad ++ it does not show anything but 0p1 nothing for system, boot & data so I'm lost and need help

One person you might contact is mohan_kr. He has come over to the S4 from the Skyrocket recently. Excellent at working on the ROM's. Sorry I can not be of assistance, but I am not very advanced on Android.
27th July 2013, 11:55 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Honolulu, HI

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Quote:

One person you might contact is mohan_kr. He has come over to the S4 from the Skyrocket recently. Excellent at working on the ROM's. Sorry I can not be of assistance, but I am not very advanced on Android.

That's what this thread is for though for everyone to get together share information and collaborate.
The Following User Says Thank You to MJHawaii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MJHawaii Ad-Free
28th July 2013, 01:17 AM |#7  
California
Thanks Meter: 513

More
Chahk's post about mount points and getting other CM/AOSP ROMs working on I9505G deserves its own link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=30
The Following User Says Thank You to irishrally For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift irishrally Ad-Free
28th July 2013, 01:31 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Honolulu, HI

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I saw Chahk post and it is helpful this is where I'm at right now read above. I did pm Chahk and a few others for help. I will work on it a little later this weekend

The Following User Says Thank You to MJHawaii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MJHawaii Ad-Free
28th July 2013, 03:35 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrally

Chahk's post about mount points and getting other CM/AOSP ROMs working on I9505G deserves its own link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=30

x2
I've found that very useful. Been able to get every AOSP/CM based ROM to boot by editing the updater-script to match the correct partition.

Has anybody noticed that photos taken with the front facing camera on CM sometimes have green distortion? That was the only bug I've found. Unfortunately, that flared up my phone OCD enough to go back to the 4.3 leak.

Thanks for putting this thread together, OP!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to illogic6 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift illogic6 Ad-Free
28th July 2013, 04:02 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Honolulu, HI

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by illogic6

x2
I've found that very useful. Been able to get every AOSP/CM based ROM to boot by editing the updater-script to match the correct partition.

Has anybody noticed that photos taken with the front facing camera on CM sometimes have green distortion? That was the only bug I've found. Unfortunately, that flared up my phone OCD enough to go back to the 4.3 leak.

Thanks for putting this thread together, OP!

Your Welcome. So I read on the other thread and I know myself and others are looking at how we can port other ROMs specifically touchwiz over to the G the partition as you know is an issue but I think with collaboration can be solved soon.

Keep it coming let's solve problems!

28th July 2013, 04:09 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:

Your Welcome. So I read on the other thread and I know myself and others are looking at how we can port other ROMs specifically touchwiz over to the G the partition as you know is an issue but I think with collaboration can be solved soon.

Keep it coming let's solve problems!

I took a TW ROM and edited the script for our devices. It boots, but the display never kicks on. You get the boot animation sound and it even mounts the storage on my computer.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)