1,132 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,497

By benkxda, Recognized Contributor on 28th July 2013, 05:05 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
16th August 2015, 09:36 PM |#171  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
no internet connection
After looking I basically want to mirror my screen to my tv. I don't really care about apps on chromecast so I really just want the streaming function. However I would like to know if streaming content on my phone sd card actually takes bandwidth. I don't want someone in the living room that's streaming netflix to be slowed down because I'm streaming from my phone to chromecase. or if the internet goes down but I still have my router working for the network would I still be able to stream movies saved on the phone.

I have a very limited connection and I don't want to be taking up most of the bandwidth for the internet for locally hosted content.

edit: i accidently posted this here rather than the faq thread because I had about 12 tabs open for chromecast, so if there is a more appropriate place to ask I'll delete this and ask elsewhere

18th August 2015, 07:47 AM |#172  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,010

Donate to Me
More
While it won't take Internet bandwidth for local streaming (beyond what it needs to load the app that's receiving the stream), it will still take WiFi bandwidth, so keep that in mind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to bhiga For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bhiga Ad-Free
26th December 2015, 05:52 PM |#173  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Has anyone came across any tweaks or hacks for the new CC2?
The Following User Says Thank You to NullByte04 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NullByte04 Ad-Free
18th June 2016, 09:06 PM |#174  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Hey, about a week or two ago, I've been unable to get the casting logo on any websites on google chrome... Anyone else having this problem? I tried playing a video I recently casted on the site, and still weren't able to get the icon. I formated my chromecast (original) and my phone and no luck
6th February 2017, 10:46 PM |#175  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,497

More
Hey folks,

after more than 3.5 years of maintaining this thread, I'll close it for the time being. It might get a refresh someday just like the LG G3 device index thread, we'll see. All of us were part of the beginning of the affordable streaming devices and it was fun. My Google Chromecast is still doing its job very well

Thanks to all members who contributed and developed in the Chromecast world. I for one learned new things and came in touch with really nice people within this device subforum. Hope to see you elsewhere on XDA, you alternatively can drop me a PM

Best regards,
benkxda
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benkxda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift benkxda Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread