FORUMS

View Poll Results: What DPI Should the ROM run at?

320 DPI (stock)

131 Vote(s)
20.15%
240 DPI (more fits on the screen)

227 Vote(s)
34.92%
320, but allow user to customise

292 Vote(s)
44.92%

[ROM][4.3][ CM 10.2.] Unofficial CM 10.2 for Galaxy Note II (N7100)

19,561 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,804

By pulser_g2, Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer on 29th July 2013, 10:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
It appears there is a new CM on the way... And it appeared it wasn't available for the Note 2... And that made me disappointed, so I set out to put that right.

4.3 is a small update from 4.2. Unfortunately, Google also decided to change almost everything about filesystem mounting. And Samsung exynos devices are a hotchpotch of everything...

Today, xplodwild and I carried out a war of attrition against the nasty Samsung devices. Firstly, there remains a battle-scar in the form of graphics, where we had to disable the ability of the device to screenshot itself. You'll see this in the lack of thumbnails for your long-press-home task switcher. #Blame-Samsung

Storage was a nightmare, but I have finally beaten it into submission. It should now work. Nicely. And properly. At least for now.

Because open source is wonderful, a VERY messy device tree (commits need squashed etc) - https://github.com/pulser/android_device_samsung_n7100/

I suggest a wipe before flashing, but I have tested from 4.2.2 and should be OK actually, maybe some apps will cry, but that's not my problem

Link:*http://goo.im/devs/pulser/N7100/CM/c...CIAL-n7100.zip

Pretty much everything is working and tested - you shouldn't have any issues getting it to boot. The other version posted appears it may have issues booting, but I was not aware of its existence until just now. Actually, seems there's no link in the other thread, give this a shot, and see if it helps you. There's a lot of issues on Exynos devices when doing any kind of update... Sneeze and it might explode!

XDA:DevDB Information
Unofficial CM 10.2 for Galaxy Note II (N7100), a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
pulser_g2, CM Team
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: CM 10.2

Version Information
Current Stable Version: N/A
Current Beta Version: 10 August
Beta Release Date: 2013-08-10

Created 2013-07-30
Last Updated 2013-08-10
The Following 130 Users Say Thank You to pulser_g2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2013, 11:06 PM |#2  
Flag istanbul
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Thanks,

Trying now and will report.

BTW (off-topic but... I believe necessary when it comes to AOSP and Exynos) When I click on your githup link the Audio recording fix is on top of the list for 6 months ago, which reminds me; we have never got the chance to see CM 10.1 recording audio properly on videos or sound record apps (not saying it is mono but the sound is terrible actually).. For now it seems the only thing that prevents me (and some others I guess) from using any AOSP ROM as a daily and "fully functional" driver is this problem. Any chance that we can see 10.2 have proper audio recording? Since our voice is recorded just fine on calls we can say the mic is working as it should on both at earspeaker and the loudspeaker. So, there is a software which can use the mics properly and I -with all my heart and never-ending hope- believe this software could be also used for good sounded video recording or help us not to shout too much for Google Now

Thanks for reading. And the ROM

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

It boots just fine. So is everything so far.
29th July 2013, 11:11 PM |#3  
Flag FarFarAway
Thanks Meter: 308

More
works without a hitch. no bootloop nothing. simply booted up and worked. Huge thanks for that PulserG2 and xplodwild =)
29th July 2013, 11:17 PM |#4  
Flag Austria
Thanks Meter: 657

More
Will try this new one tomorrow... Thanks!

BTW. Is anyone using GoBackup Pro or Titanium Backup? I had an issue on my Nexus 4 running 4.3 .

They didn't restored my Apps. Since the Note 2 uses a SD Card Slot, would it be the same issue?

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk HD
29th July 2013, 11:18 PM |#5  
OP Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmensch

works without a hitch. no bootloop nothing. simply booted up and worked. Huge thanks for that PulserG2 and xplodwild =)

Awesome. Was pretty sure I had fixed it properly, but always good to check
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pulser_g2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2013, 11:18 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 550

More
Downloading and trying it right now I'll be giving a feedback

Sent from my GT-N7100
29th July 2013, 11:28 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric-Mod

Will try this new one tomorrow... Thanks!

BTW. Is anyone using GoBackup Pro or Titanium Backup? I had an issue on my Nexus 4 running 4.3 .

They didn't restored my Apps. Since the Note 2 uses a SD Card Slot, would it be the same issue?

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk HD

No issues, my testing process includes restoring from titanium backup, with data, from external SD
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pulser_g2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2013, 11:30 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _delice_doluca_

Thanks,

Trying now and will report.

BTW (off-topic but... I believe necessary when it comes to AOSP and Exynos) When I click on your githup link the Audio recording fix is on top of the list for 6 months ago, which reminds me; we have never got the chance to see CM 10.1 recording audio properly on videos or sound record apps (not saying it is mono but the sound is terrible actually).. For now it seems the only thing that prevents me (and some others I guess) from using any AOSP ROM as a daily and "fully functional" driver is this problem. Any chance that we can see 10.2 have proper audio recording? Since our voice is recorded just fine on calls we can say the mic is working as it should on both at earspeaker and the loudspeaker. So, there is a software which can use the mics properly and I -with all my heart and never-ending hope- believe this software could be also used for good sounded video recording or help us not to shout too much for Google Now

Thanks for reading. And the ROM

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

It boots just fine. So is everything so far.

This sounds like something more for the guys that did the work on the audio HAL. I've not looked into the solution, but audio on these devices is a dirty hack with tinyhal
The Following User Says Thank You to pulser_g2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2013, 11:53 PM |#9  
Flag FarFarAway
Thanks Meter: 308

More
there are some occasional rendering glitches with the stock browser while loading a page and scrolling through. nothing majorly bad but still visible at times. :P
(independent of the webpages i visited)

despite that I didn't come across any other bugs. once again great job
30th July 2013, 12:04 AM |#10  
Flag North Lauderdale
Thanks Meter: 274

Donate to Me
More
finally glad to see the update in our devices thank you guys

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to qubanaso For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift qubanaso Ad-Free
30th July 2013, 01:28 AM |#11  
Flag Hurricane, WV
Thanks Meter: 726

More
Re 4.3 in general
I have been testing 4.3 on an "old" device , my Nexus S, the last couple of days. Interestingly, the device was much smoother than 4.2 based ROMs, at least on that limited processor device.
Once this all gets ironed out is there reason to believe that 4.3 will be better for our Note 2's?

Thanks for your work !
The Following User Says Thank You to jcrompton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcrompton Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)