FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TF700 not charging

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By rikkoko, Member on 30th July 2013, 08:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I mean, after almost a year of having this thing, this is the first time I've experienced something like this. I thought that my surge protector might have had something to do with it, but no matter where I plug it the dock/tablet combo won't charge. I even tried charging the tablet by itself but that didn't work either and I also thought that it might have been the cable, but my PC still detects the tablet.

I'm running an older version of cleanROM from around the month of May if it helps in some way. I would turn the tablet on to check, but I want to preserve the remaining 5% in order to fix this problem.

30th July 2013, 08:37 AM |#2  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,232

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkoko

I mean, after almost a year of having this thing, this is the first time I've experienced something like this. I thought that my surge protector might have had something to do with it, but no matter where I plug it the dock/tablet combo won't charge. I even tried charging the tablet by itself but that didn't work either and I also thought that it might have been the cable, but my PC still detects the tablet.

Seems like a defective cable or tablet. If the tablet doesn't even charge from the dock, it looks more like a defective tablet. If the dock doesn't charge without tablet, it may also be the cable or the charger.

Try this: Keep the tablet off and connect it to the PC (without dock) for a couple of hours - that should charge the battery very slowly (a few % per hour).
The Following User Says Thank You to _that For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th September 2014, 03:08 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Common Probem
I have had similar problems with my TF 300. After researching more of this I find that most of Asus tablets have similar problems. One is the charging cube tripping an internal breaker and allowing only 5v to come out and trickle charge the unit. Some have placed in freezer or just allowed to cool and they seem to work. Others have just had a no charge problem. The battery symbol comes on when you attach the charge cable then disappears but does not show a charge. Some actually turns on a tablet that was off after attaching the cable but still no visible charge. Some will still charge, they just take longer to charge. It seems Asus knows this and it can happen from a few months old to 1-2 yrs old. Now I'm not sure about most people but to pay $400+- for a tablet and get only about 2 yrs usage is not acceptable. I can understand technology passing a tablet or laptop by, that's technology, but for a product to only have a 2 yr life expectancy is not really allowable and should be addressed by Asus. Hook it up if this is not to old of a thread and try it. It may charge even though it doesn't show. If someone else is reading this with a similar problem then try what I have written. It may still charge even though it says it's not. Write Asus and complain. It seems Asus is a very expensive product to fix also. Galaxy Tabs seem to be a very inexpensive product to fix so they may be a better choice for a very similar tablet.
9th March 2015, 08:48 PM |#4  

More
Thumbs up TF700T not charging
I read in one of the threads to put the charger in the freezer for a few minutes and it worked. Thank you.
23rd July 2015, 11:25 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EskuroKinebi

I read in one of the threads to put the charger in the freezer for a few minutes and it worked. Thank you.

Yes, same thing, only I thought the charger wasn't working, ordered a new one (still waiting), left it off the charger for about 30 hours but on the PC, then connected the charger up again and now it's charging!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)