FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY] Custom Recovery Image [CWM Touch 6.0.3.2]

8,935 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,514

Thread Closed Email Thread
https://github.com/StarKissed/ek-gc100_recovery

This recovery was made using the EK-GC110 recovery.img ramdisk from the latest firmware release. The CWM Touch 6.0.3.2 is from a Samsung Galaxy SGS3 (Same board), modified with the custom kernel for the EK-GC (stripped version from this forum). The original recovery was used to provide the corrected init and fatal values, but all other aspects are relatively identical to the SGS3.

The recovery functions work, and appear fully functional. Keep in mind this is still in the testing phase. Work is being done to rebuild the necessary device configuration files based on information about the EK-GC and SGS3. The only aspect untested is the sdcard formatting options.

StarKissed Galaxy Cam Recoveries

This brings custom recovery to the Galaxy Camera, which is accessible by holding the zoom toggle to the right (red indicator should be on +) and pressing the power button. The difference between recovery and download mode is whether or not the shutter button is also held. Keeping the shutter button pressed will result in launching the Odin download mode.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to twistedumbrella For This Useful Post: [ View ]

1st August 2013, 11:41 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 440

More
It gets better
Any idea if it works on the EK-GC100 (3G and Wi-Fi version) ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
2nd August 2013, 12:21 AM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenY2K3

It gets better
Any idea if it works on the EK-GC100 (3G and Wi-Fi version) ?

Should work on all variants. The radio isn't called by recovery so I see no reason it wouldn't.
The Following User Says Thank You to twistedumbrella For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2013, 12:26 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 440

More
I was thinking more along the lines of the partition tables, I wasn't sure whether there were differences in that respect between devices and, whether it makes a difference even if there was.

2nd August 2013, 01:31 AM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenY2K3

I was thinking more along the lines of the partition tables, I wasn't sure whether there were differences in that respect between devices and, whether it makes a difference even if there was.

If you have a root file browser, they are in /dev/block/platform/dw_mmc/by-name and the partition names should list where they link.

System is p9, boot p5, data p13, recovery p6

If they don't match, it would only be calling the by-name links instead of specific numbers. I avoided that for extra stability, but it would still work properly. I use the by-name for mounts and flashing in the zips already.
6th August 2013, 08:59 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Hey I can't get this to flash.. stuck at NAND write when I use the gz and Odin says the MD5 is incorrect if I unpack first.

Any help?
7th August 2013, 12:41 AM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffinSauce

Hey I can't get this to flash.. stuck at NAND write when I use the gz and Odin says the MD5 is incorrect if I unpack first.

Any help?

Download the tar version without the md5. Once the md5 is written to the file it can't be removed, but goo provides md5s to verify locally. I've tried md5 -r and that didnt work, but apparently neither did the homebrew md5sum
7th August 2013, 08:54 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedumbrella

Download the tar version without the md5. Once the md5 is written to the file it can't be removed, but goo provides md5s to verify locally. I've tried md5 -r and that didnt work, but apparently neither did the homebrew md5sum

I see only .img and .gz files. Tried unzipping and removing the MD5 check, no dice.
Odin hangs at "NAND write" now.. Luckily no problems after resetting the device (no cwm though )
7th August 2013, 09:40 PM |#9  
Quote:

I see only .img and .gz files. Tried unzipping and removing the MD5 check, no dice.
Odin hangs at "NAND write" now.. Luckily no problems after resetting the device (no cwm though )

That's what I get for trusting my script. It missed copying the basic tar to the folder to upload. It should be uploaded shortly. That one should solve it.
8th August 2013, 08:32 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedumbrella

That's what I get for trusting my script. It missed copying the basic tar to the folder to upload. It should be uploaded shortly. That one should solve it.

Argh, that didn't work either so I took a good hard look and I see I have an EK-GC100 ...
Sorry for wasting your time so far.

Do you think it is possible to make it compatible? Can I supply my stock recovery for that?
9th August 2013, 02:34 AM |#11  
Quote:

Argh, that didn't work either so I took a good hard look and I see I have an EK-GC100 ...
Sorry for wasting your time so far.

Do you think it is possible to make it compatible? Can I supply my stock recovery for that?

It should have been already but with the stock one I can make sure it will be

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread