[Tutorial] Unlock VZW Razr M/M HD (XT907/XT926) for U.S. Carriers *CDMA WS Method*

Search This thread

dragonhart6505

Jun 20, 2010
Reading, PA
THIS WORKS WITH THE LATEST UPDATE!!!! THANK YOU dreamliner2012 FOR RUNNING IT THROUGH AND CLARIFYING!

THE ORIGINAL METHODS STILL WORK FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO USE RADIOCOMM AND DFS INSTEAD!

ALL CREDITS TO CELLZEALOT'S THREAD AND ARNOLD SNARB'S POST

GIVE THEM YOUR PROPER THANKS!!!

this was done with stock bootloader, rom, no root, official EVERYTHING

video tutorial HERE
heres the quick rundown -
1: get the Motorola QC Diagnostics driver to install. hard with Win7 x64, but be diligent it does work.
2: boot your XT907/XT926 into BP Tools mode (Vol Up and Down + Power, scroll down to BP Tools hit Vol Up)
3: connect to your computer *duh*
4: open CDMA WS 2.7 or higher (google)
5: connect to your COM Port and press CONNECT
6: click the SECURITY tab and enter 000000 as SPC and click SEND
7: click the MAIN tab and click READ *dunno if you need to but I did for safe measure*
8: click the MEMORY tab and select READ under NV ITEMS. dismiss the SPC prompt
9: First Item to read is 8322. Last Item to read is 8323. click SAVE and name the .txt file whatever you want, just remember where you put it
10: open the .txt file you just saved and under 8322 you will see 01 00 00 00 00 etc. change 01 to 00 and save the .txt file. DONT CHANGE 8323!!!
11: back in CDMA WS click WRITE under NV ITEMS. dismiss the SPC prompt again
12: find the .txt file you just edited and click OK
13: reboot the phone and put in your preferred Sim
14: in Settings go to More... under Wireless Networks and change your Network Mode to GSM/UMTS
15: SUCK IT VERIZON :cool:

happy days ahead for all!

don't forget that THANKS button :victory:

***DISCLAIMER***
NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR LACK OF ABILITY TO FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS RESULTING IN A BRICKED DEVICE!

---from cellzealot on how to load Win7 x64 drivers---

Here is a screenshot of Device Manager on my PC on WIN7 64 bit with the latest 6.2 Motorola USB drivers and my XT907 connected in BP Tools mode with all of the interfaces highlighted.
There are 3 modems, 1 network device and 1 COM port that should be present and installed.
The 6.2 driver set has signed versions for these device interfaces so no force loading should be required and they should install automatically when the phone is connected in BP Tools mode with USB debugging enabled.

Make note of the port number assigned to the COM Port as that is the port you will use for CDMA WS or DFS or any other QC based NV access tool.

The QC Interface is the Motorola QC Diag Port.

Right click and choose Update Drivers then choose Do not load drivers automatically. Allow me to choose from a list of available devices.

Scroll down to Ports: COM/LPT and then Motorola and then Motorola QC Diag Port.

It will warn about unsigned drivers, just click Install anyway and it will load the driver and show up with a COM port number assigned.

Use that COM port for CDMA WS to edit the NV.

If you continue to have problems, I suggest reflashing the firmware or just the modem and fsg.mbn in fastboot, and starting over.

Last edited:

Leraeniesh

Aug 1, 2011
Detroit
Thanks for some clarification on a confusing subject. Might want to move it to the General section or get it stickied.

Sent from my XT907 using xda premium

lallafa

Jul 31, 2013

I got to this step, however I did not get a popup and at the bottom of the CDMA Workshop window reads the following error:
"Failed.. Phone does not answer"

Any suggestions?

dragonhart6505

Jun 20, 2010
Reading, PA

I got to this step, however I did not get a popup and at the bottom of the CDMA Workshop window reads the following error:
"Failed.. Phone does not answer"

Any suggestions?

you have the proper drivers installed i am assuming? check your device manager. your looking for Motorola QC Diagnostics Port. find the COM Port your phone is connected to then select it in CDMA WS.

lallafa

Jul 31, 2013
you have the proper drivers installed i am assuming? check your device manager. your looking for Motorola QC Diagnostics Port. find the COM Port your phone is connected to then select it in CDMA WS.

Okay, I have followed all of the instructions, went along with the video, everything seemed to work okay... I haven't gotten the Network Error popup message yet... However, I still do not have service.. I'm hoping it's just because I'm in a rural area. I'm going to drive around a bit and see if it changes.

My network mode is still under Global for preferred, should I change this?

dragonhart6505

Jun 20, 2010
Reading, PA
Okay, I have followed all of the instructions, went along with the video, everything seemed to work okay... I haven't gotten the Network Error popup message yet... However, I still do not have service.. I'm hoping it's just because I'm in a rural area. I'm going to drive around a bit and see if it changes.

My network mode is still under Global for preferred, should I change this?

yes to GSM/UMTS. probably why your not getting service. shoulda mentioned that

lallafa

Jul 31, 2013

Well, after driving for about 15 minutes, still with the "Emergency Calls Only" symbol, I was about to turn around and give up...
and I got one bar, then two bars... then full service!! Everything works great, I am now running (what once was) a Verizon-locked Motorola Razr XT907 with the JellyBean 4.1.2 update, on Straight Talk's monthly service (with an activated Straight Talk card).
I kind of want to have your babies, but I hope a thanks and a subscription to your YouTube will do ;) Thanks again SO much!

gagnier27

May 31, 2013
Tampa

video tutorial HERE
1: get the Motorola QC Diagnostics driver to install. hard with Win7 x64, but be diligent it does work.
2: boot your XT907/XT926 into BP Tools mode (Vol Up and Down + Power, scroll down to BP Tools hit Vol Up)
7: click the MAIN tab and click READ *dunno if you need to but I did for safe measure*
9: First Item to read is 8322. Last Item to read is 8323. click SAVE and name the .txt file whatever you want, just remember where you put it
10: open the .txt file you just saved and under 8322 you will see 01 00 00 00 00 etc. change 01 to 00 and save the .txt file. DONT CHANGE 8323!!!
14: in Settings go to More... under Wireless Networks and change your Network Mode to GSM/UMTS
15: SUCK IT VERIZON

***DISCLAIMER***
NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR LACK OF ABILITY TO FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS RESULTING IN A BRICKED DEVICE!

please set up how to instal the drivers manually

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
please set up how to instal the drivers manually

Here is a screenshot of Device Manager on my PC on WIN7 64 bit with the latest 6.2 Motorola USB drivers and my XT907 connected in BP Tools mode with all of the interfaces highlighted.
There are 3 modems, 1 network device and 1 COM port that should be present and installed.
The 6.2 driver set has signed versions for these device interfaces so no force loading should be required and they should install automatically when the phone is connected in BP Tools mode with USB debugging enabled.

Make note of the port number assigned to the COM Port as that is the port you will use for CDMA WS or DFS or any other QC based NV access tool.

Reactions: gagnier27

gagnier27

May 31, 2013
Tampa

In my particular case, the drivers does not loading here is a picture, how can i do that manually?

8561657capture.jpg

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
In my particular case, the drivers does not loading here is a picture, how can i do that manually?

8561657capture.jpg

Right click and choose Update Drivers then choose Do not load drivers automatically. Allow me to choose from a list of available devices.

It will warn about unsigned drivers, just click Install anyway and it will load the driver and show up with a COM port number assigned.

If you continue to have problems, I suggest reflashing the firmware or just the modem and fsg.mbn in fastboot, and starting over.

dragonhart6505

Jun 20, 2010
Reading, PA

Thanks for this cellzealot! I'll quote this in the OP so it'll be easier to find soon as I get to my office in the morning

dragonhart6505

Jun 20, 2010
Reading, PA
Well, after driving for about 15 minutes, still with the "Emergency Calls Only" symbol, I was about to turn around and give up...
and I got one bar, then two bars... then full service!! Everything works great, I am now running (what once was) a Verizon-locked Motorola Razr XT907 with the JellyBean 4.1.2 update, on Straight Talk's monthly service (with an activated Straight Talk card).
I kind of want to have your babies, but I hope a thanks and a subscription to your YouTube will do ;) Thanks again SO much!

Will do just nicely and your quite welcome!

Reactions: gagnier27

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS WORKS WITH THE LATEST UPDATE!!!! THANK YOU dreamliner2012 FOR RUNNING IT THROUGH AND CLARIFYING!

THE ORIGINAL METHODS STILL WORK FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO USE RADIOCOMM AND DFS INSTEAD!

this was done with stock bootloader, rom, no root, official EVERYTHING

video tutorial HERE
    15: SUCK IT VERIZON :cool:

don't forget that THANKS button :victory:

***DISCLAIMER***

---from cellzealot on how to load Win7 x64 drivers---

Hello,

I just did this on my Verizon Droid Razr Maxx HD. Thank you! A few questions:

1. If I want to use a CDMA carrier in Mexico, do I have to do an unlock for that, too? Does CDMA on this phone have both 3g and 4g?

2. I found a site that says that not all the GSM functions are enabled even if you unlock it on a Verizon CDMA phone. Is that true? Is what is on this link necessary?

http://www.internauta37.altervista.org/how-and-patch-fully-enable-gsm-verizon-cdma-phones-android

3. I would like to use this phone in the US on AT&T go phone 4g lte, then in Mexico on a CDMA 3g network. Is that possible? Could you send me a link how to program this phone for CDMA?

Thank you! ;) :good: :D :D :D

Not sure what that site is getting at, all GSM functions should work on applicable Verizon phones that allow GSM. There are a few exceptions on a few phones (4g mostly, because the band may not be supported) but I havent run into that with any phones ive unlocked/flashed *shrugs*
    To get it on CDMA on another carrier you would have to program it with the necessary information using CDMA WS (full version) including PRL/MIN/MSID/HA & AAA passwords provided by the carrier for your specific phone number, but they usually dont provide that information for flashing phones not supported by their service. SOME companies will ota activate it, but its a crapshoot whether it will even work or if they will do it. Best bet would be to get a donor phone from that carrier thats already programmed that you are able to pull that information off of with DFS tool and then program it with either software. Can be a bit of a pain though depending on the device. Cool thing with this is you can pop the GSM sim in/out and use either service on the fly after a reboot ^_^
    Does this work with the latest OTA as below?

Here is my phone info:
    - System Version: 98.16.3.XT907.Verizon.en.US
    - Android Version: 4.1.2
    - Baseband Version: SM_BP_101032.020.32.78P
    - Kernel Version: 3.0.31-g101ca72 hudsoncm@il93lnxdroid84 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed May 29 13:25:08 CDT 2013
    - Build #: 9.8.1Q-78-1

Please advise. Thank you.

Guys, 01 Word only "AMAZINGGGGGG". This unlock post worked out for DROID M with LATEST OTA, 98.16.3.XT907.
    My phone can get signal NOW (Made 01 phone call). Here are the keys:

1) Install Manual Drivers for ALL "unknown symbol" of the phone in "Device Manage" per CELLZEALOT's instruction in this post.

2) Must have CDMA Workshop 2.7 or above (registered to used all functions) which can be found by google "CDMA Workshop 2.7". Also, all anti-virus soft needs to be deactivated or even uninstall (my case) to run CDMA WS.

3) After CDMA Workshop, change network setting to GSM/UTMA only, wait 01 minute, then signal bar will be on.

Last but not least is following exactly this post's instruction.

A Big thank to dragonhart6505!!!!!!!!!!!

Please click "thanks" if you find my feedback helpful.
    yes to GSM/UMTS. probably why your not getting service. shoulda mentioned that

Okay, I changed the settings, and have turned my phone off and back on, hopefully this works, fingers crossed :)
    Just a notice:

There's Stargo's command line utility unlock-us-gsm newly included in CM12 builds for xt907, xt926 and xt897.

All you have to do to unlock US GSM with it is:
    Code:
    su
    unlock-us-gsm
    in terminal emulator app or adb shell.

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/89520
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/90142