FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[$$$ Bounty] Chromecast Support for Nexus Q

35 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Seylox, Member on 31st July 2013, 11:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Born in another thread (Make an app for the nexus q that adds chromecast support: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2379961) i am creating this thread to raise attention that some members have agreed to set up a bounty for developer(s) who can bring the chromecast functionality to the Nexus Q (most likely via an Android app / apk).

For now I'm using this thread to write down the members and the amount they're willing to donate to this cause. We'll have to figure out how to make sure the bounty goes to the correct person in the end (maybe some sort of verified paypal?).

I'll maintain this list here and collect information as well. For developers interested in working on a solution together we could also use this thread.

jbriano, $100
Kovs, $50
Surge1, $50
darb, $50
ianandamy, $50
brianwilcox, $35
jmm701, $25
ocdtrekkie, $25
unknownkwita, $25
eddib, $25
Volatyle, ???

Total Bounty Amount as of now: $435.

Feature Requests:
  1. proper HAL audio drivers working too
  2. Would also like the lights to work how they did if that is possible
  3. It seems that HAL is very important to most of the people here.

I will edit this post whenever new information becomes available.

People wishing to contribute just post in this thread with the amount of money they want to donate.
And I think if people posted features they'd like to see I will add them to this OP post as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Seylox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Seylox Ad-Free

1st August 2013, 12:04 AM |#2  
OP Member

More
reserved.
1st August 2013, 12:46 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
this is great!
I'll flash this around where I can.
The Following User Says Thank You to Surge1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Surge1 Ad-Free
1st August 2013, 12:48 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I will do 50 to start with

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to darb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift darb Ad-Free
3rd August 2013, 01:17 AM |#5  
Flag Mountain View, CA
Thanks Meter: 133

Donate to Me
More
In all honesty, without having my hands on either, this doesn't seem like it would take that much effort.
I might have to crack open the firmware dump from each and check it out.
3rd August 2013, 07:10 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I got $35 on it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brianwilcox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brianwilcox Ad-Free
5th August 2013, 10:06 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Battery Low I'm in for $100
I paid for two of these devices, and loved them when they worked. I'll contribute $100 toward the cause.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbriano For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jbriano Ad-Free
6th August 2013, 03:01 PM |#8  
Flag cedar hill MO
Thanks Meter: 160

More
I'm in for 50.0
The Following User Says Thank You to ianandamy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ianandamy Ad-Free
6th August 2013, 11:01 PM |#9  

More
Sure
I can do $25.
7th August 2013, 04:58 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Would also like the lights to work how they did if that is possible

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
7th August 2013, 05:26 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Great idea! It seems, there is hope for the Q in one way or the other. Androidpolice reported on some developers implementing Chromecast already. Here's the link:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/08...le-to-your-tv/

I think it is great to see what they can already do. I guess / hope in a couple of weeks we'll have a Chromecast reciever app...
The Following User Says Thank You to nimmzwei For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nimmzwei Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)