As we know. Windows RT just suspend desktop program while it in sleep mode. Then we have to turn screen on all time that we running desktop program even some program favor to run when screen off (like Halite, Free Download Manager, CoolPlayer, TightVNC server or listen Youtube with desktop Internet Explorer). But Thank for lloydo help. Now we can turn screen off by a little config and flip a Surface RT cover.
I made a .bat file that done the config. What you have to do is run it and flip the cover.
This what each .bat file will do
- Always-on mode - This one turn Always-on mode on and pause. Press anykey afterthat to turn it off. Leave the window open to notice you Always-on mode is still turned on.
- start Always-on mode - This one only turn Always-on mode on and exit. If you want to turn if off you need the next file. (or manual config)
- stop Always-on mode - This one use for turn Always-on mode off.
To make sure it no risk. I will show the step in .bat file to config when turn on.
- Start Presentation mode (made device never goto sleep after a time)
- Change what closing the lid does to "Do nothing" for both AC and DC (made device not sleep when flip the cover. you can delete DC line if you want)
- Re-activate power plan (made device apply change in 2nd step)
And when turn if off
- Change what closing the lid does to "Sleep" for both AC and DC (you can delete DC line if you want)
- Re-activate power plan
- Stop Presentation mode
Currently this were only confirm on Surface RT but you can try it on other device (that can turn screen off with cover or lid) without risk. Please confirm this work if you try on other device.