FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Can I control Chromecast with my phone without a wifi router?

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By choosetoride, Junior Member on 1st August 2013, 07:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd October 2015, 05:42 PM |#51  

More
run your Google Chromecast without wifi
Run your Google Chromecast without wifi
Yes this is 100% true
You can play your chromcast without any wi fi hotspot networks ;run HD video, 3D games, mp3, Internet many more (approximate 99.99%)
First please follow these simple steps :-
1 . install chromcast app in 2 android device (smartphone etc. )
2. Make device 1 as a hot spot with password (but first time Internet required )
3 . open chromcast app in 2nd device
4.its taken several minutes
5 . after making all set up
6.cast your big screen
7.but there is processing and playing speed is too slow

8. Then now is action time✌✌✌✌disconnect your 1st android device; and open chromcast app in 1st device, connect -- and-- cast your screen without Internet and wifi,it's running smoothly and all in HD Quality.

Not:------- mostly smartphone have """""Screen Mirroring """"" software; if this software specification is not available in your smartphone, please try to get it.

I am using this time samsung galaxy s4 GT i9500.

21st October 2015, 12:17 AM |#52  

More
Chromecast with Hotspot
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73

I'm pretty sure your phone/tablet/laptop need to be on the same subnet as the device so it can be found to cast to, hence the need to have everything on the same wifi router.

You were able to connect thru the hot Spot I did it on my moto x it worked great Netflix in 1080p with my projector. (not any more since the latest up date need help) SOMEBODY???
How it worked before just fine.
1. Set your hot Spot name and password exactly the same as your WiFi connection. Connect to WiFi one time till it works with WiFi.
2. Turn off the WiFi router. ( or go out of range of it)
3. Turn on the hot spot on your phone turn on Chrome Cast.
I used it in My RV were there is no WiFi the phone that it worked on was the MotoX 1st gen.
It no longer works this way since the last up date and it really sucks. Google wont help me.
Does any one know how to work around this, I tried reloading older version of APP
27th January 2016, 01:16 AM |#53  

More
yes you can mirror no Wi-Fi
I spent hours screwing around an found a solution
This is a test post want to make sure I can post before I fully type out answer

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

Ok here is what I got... I screwed around for hours trying to find a way and finaly came up with this. Screan stream mirroring app does work but you need to go through a few steps before it will mirror also it lags (but lag can be reduced to about 1 second or less by tweaking the settings in the app also if you dont tweak settings it will disconect after 5-10 min) and does not have audio your device will be the speaker. So here are the steps that worked on my galaxy light.
start the chrome cast app go through setup (with wifi enabled on device so chromecast can find your device)( do not need active wifi) once you arive at wifi network selection screen type your device hotspot add your device hotspot name pluss pw (I leave wifi open so it is quicker) then let chromecast search for it. QUICKLY enter settings and turn on hotspot and open scream stream mirroring and select cast. It will find chromecast and will cast to screen!!!! Sometimes this process takes a few trys to work but It does work the app is 4.99$ @ the playstore but there is a free version to test out to make sure it works after you cast the first time it reconects easy enough without repeating the process if it disconects just select stop cast the press cast to chromecast again in the options bar in the top left of screen also remember to tweak the settings to reduce lag and ensure you stay connected otherwise it will only cast for about 5-10 minutes and will have awfull lag enjoy
1st April 2016, 08:54 AM |#54  

More
Is it possible to screen android screen on big screen without wifi. If it is possible then please provide instruction. Also if i have two android phone, then can i make one device to act as wifi and other to cast screen on big screen.
8th April 2016, 09:50 PM |#55  
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Today my father told me that he could cast from the same phone as the one he uses as a hot-spot for the Chromecast. I didn't believe him because this hasn't worked before and i just thought he didn't understand how it works. But I tested it myself and yes it definitely works. Tried Netflix and now we're watching the US masters. So google must have implemented this just recently. He has a moto g first gen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
21st April 2016, 07:23 AM |#56  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I set up the chromecast on a connected router first and now have a direct connection between phone and chromecast everywhere i go by activating the phone hotspot with the same ssid/password as router. I can cast and control everything from the phone. Does anyone know if data used to directly cast Netflix, YouTube etc using the phone data plan is considered tethering by carrier?
30th April 2016, 03:45 AM |#57  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm rooted Note 3 4.4.2 This took me a while to figure out how I had it before(I wiped my phone twice since I did it 2 years ago)
What You Need:
Root
Fake Wifi Connection to trick chromecast app
Xposed Installer

Using Chromecast with my tethering app Wifi Tether Router it streams seamless(I prefer to mirror my screen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by st3rv

I set up the chromecast on a connected router first and now have a direct connection between phone and chromecast everywhere i go by activating the phone hotspot with the same ssid/password as router. I can cast and control everything from the phone. Does anyone know if data used to directly cast Netflix, YouTube etc using the phone data plan is considered tethering by carrier?

I'm Curious about this too but in my case I have T-moble with binge and alot of those apps don't count toward my data total, but I suppose i'm not touching tethering data streaming my screen.
30th April 2016, 08:15 PM |#58  
Thanks Meter: 363

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-Man

I'm Curious about this too but in my case I have T-moble with binge and alot of those apps don't count toward my data total, but I suppose i'm not touching tethering data streaming my screen.

I would check first as the data pass on T-Mobile may only work with the actual Apps and not apply to the Chromecast version of Netflix.

Just streaming local (Plex, On Phone, Screen Etc) should not use up Cell Data other than the data used to load the Receiver App to the CCast. (Note screen casting may or may not use Cell Data depending on if the content is local or from the net. In this case the T-Mobile data pass may apply._
24th February 2017, 05:45 PM |#59  

More
Using LG G Pad x 8 with hot spot on then tethering turn on and it all ties itself together! Can use the tablet to supply internet to the device and control the devce.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)