FORUMS

[ROM] [4.4.4] [AOSP] Paranoid Rastakat

4,175 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,376
 
By jarjar124, Senior Member on 1st August 2013, 11:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd December 2013, 12:39 AM |#241  
ÜBER™'s Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 8,927
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarjar124

Glad everyone is enjoying the new ROM update

Love the direction you took on this adding more functionality. A tad bit more so than rastakat that I might even switch on my N5 as well. Its tempting but I hate clean flashing. Loving it on my N7 though, so many inconveniences solved from stock. I'd almost forgotten how much stock lacks in functionality.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ÜBER™ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ÜBER™ Ad-Free
22nd December 2013, 01:41 AM |#242  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 4,376
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ÜBER™

Love the direction you took on this adding more functionality. A tad bit more so than rastakat that I might even switch on my N5 as well. Its tempting but I hate clean flashing. Loving it on my N7 though, so many inconveniences solved from stock. I'd almost forgotten how much stock lacks in functionality.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'm really happy with the direction I took too. I didn't want to add too much to bloat the ROM. I'm still deciding should I get rid of the holo blue completely in KitKat or add them back in. Sometimes it looks really inconsistent in certain apps.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jarjar124 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jarjar124 Ad-Free
22nd December 2013, 05:32 AM |#243  
ÜBER™'s Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 8,927
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarjar124

Thanks. I'm really happy with the direction I took too. I didn't want to add too much to bloat the ROM. I'm still deciding should I get rid of the holo blue completely in KitKat or add them back in. Sometimes it looks really inconsistent in certain apps.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It definitely is inconsistent and odd looking. Its either remove it all or leave it as it is. Because to me removing most of it made it look worse than normal. But that's just my OCD. Also i forgot this was odex, fortunately though softkeyz still worked fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
22nd December 2013, 05:49 AM |#244  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 4,376
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ÜBER™

It definitely is inconsistent and odd looking. Its either remove it all or leave it as it is. Because to me removing most of it made it look worse than normal. But that's just my OCD. Also i forgot this was odex, fortunately though softkeyz still worked fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Yeah. I might go back to holo blue in next version and see how it goes. For the odexed part, it should work if it works on stock.
22nd December 2013, 07:07 PM |#245  
Senior Member
Flag Sosnowiec
Thanks Meter: 124
 
More
I've been running the latest version of Minimus with franco kernel and I think i'm done with searching for ROMs. I love the customization options, especially chaning navbar size - it's perfect!

I encountered one little problem, which i will try to solve and then report again. But all in all Minimus v4 rocks .
EDIT: Yeah, my problem is real. I can't install wifi certificate file (AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt to be exact). I get a " Couldn't install because the certificate file couldn't be read" notification. Could you try to take a look at this? Thanks!

Thanks, jarjar! Great job!

Merry christmas!
22nd December 2013, 09:48 PM |#246  
dillinjer's Avatar
Member
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumczak

I've been running the latest version of Minimus with franco kernel and I think i'm done with searching for ROMs. I love the customization options, especially chaning navbar size - it's perfect!

I encountered one little problem, which i will try to solve and then report again. But all in all Minimus v4 rocks .

Thanks, jarjar! Great job!

Merry christmas!

+1 on first para.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
22nd December 2013, 09:58 PM |#247  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 4,376
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumczak

I've been running the latest version of Minimus with franco kernel and I think i'm done with searching for ROMs. I love the customization options, especially chaning navbar size - it's perfect!

I encountered one little problem, which i will try to solve and then report again. But all in all Minimus v4 rocks .
EDIT: Yeah, my problem is real. I can't install wifi certificate file (AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt to be exact). I get a " Couldn't install because the certificate file couldn't be read" notification. Could you try to take a look at this? Thanks!

Thanks, jarjar! Great job!

Merry christmas!

hmm...not really sure what that is. I'll look into it though
The Following User Says Thank You to jarjar124 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jarjar124 Ad-Free
24th December 2013, 02:09 AM |#248  
dillinjer's Avatar
Member
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Underclocked to 1026 with ART enabled and it's still snappy. Love this ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to dillinjer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dillinjer Ad-Free
25th December 2013, 12:45 AM |#249  
Senior Member
Flag Sosnowiec
Thanks Meter: 124
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarjar124

hmm...not really sure what that is. I'll look into it though

Hi. Sorry for troubling you with that issue. Installing certificates works through Settings > security > install certificates. It only doesnt work when trying to install it directly from a crt file in a file manager.

I must say i'm so glad with this Minimus. Battery life is so awesome now - earlier I was using CM11 and was getting less than 24h. With minimus + franco's I lost 25% with the same usage as earlier. It rocks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
25th December 2013, 12:47 AM |#250  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 4,376
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumczak

Hi. Sorry for troubling you with that issue. Installing certificates works through Settings > security > install certificates. It only doesnt work when trying to install it directly from a crt file in a file manager.

I must say i'm so glad with this Minimus. Battery life is so awesome now - earlier I was using CM11 and was getting less than 24h. With minimus + franco's I lost 25% with the same usage as earlier. It rocks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Ok. At least it works that way for you. not sure why it didn't work the other way. Glad you're enjoying it as much as I am making the ROM. New update will be out today for some performance enhancements and UI changes.
The Following User Says Thank You to jarjar124 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jarjar124 Ad-Free
25th December 2013, 01:40 AM |#251  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 4,376
 
Donate to Me
More
New update is up. New update contains changes in UI that reverts back to holo blue and also has some optimizations. Merry Christmas and have a safe and happy holidays!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jarjar124 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jarjar124 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes