FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor CEO Thread

[Q] Help Required Editting framework.jar

86 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By Russell_S, Member on 1st August 2013, 11:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, I am hoping that one of the Android developers on here might be able to give me a bit of advice please regarding editting my 'framework.jar' file.

I have a Jiayu G3 phone running Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 but my caller ID is not functioning properly because it is not matching local & international numbers. Having done a lot of searching it appears that this is probably due to the parameters in the 'framework.jar' file as per this post on xdadevelopers here

I have succesfully decompiled the 'framework-res.apk' file using apktools and confirmed that the 'config_use_strict_phone_number_comparation' variable is set to false. However, I am having trouble decompiling the 'framework.jar' file.

I have copied the 'framework.jar' file from my phone and opened it in a Jave decompiler. However, all I am presented with is the following:

Code:
META-INF
  MANIFEST.MF
preloaded-classes
(See attached image)

In the xda post it says the following:

Quote:

II) Check for and fix MIN_MATCH constant in telephony framework
1) Decompile framework.jar
2) Open smali/android/telephony/PhoneNumberUtils.smali
3) Search for MIN_MATCH constant and set it to 0x7

...but I don't appear to have that in mine.

Am I doing something wrong.

If anyone could offer any advice I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Russell

P'S. I tried replying about this in the original xda post itself but I don't have authorisation to post in the developers section so I thought I would try here instead.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FrameworkjarDecompile.jpg
Views:	1190
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	2158591  

8th August 2013, 11:45 PM |#2  
OP Member
Flag Portsmouth

More
So, is no one able to help me with this then. All the searching I've done indicates that when I decompress 'framework.jar' then I should have 'classes.dex' inside. However I don't have that.

Can anyone explain to me why this is please before I pull the rest of my hair out.

Thanks
10th August 2013, 08:57 AM |#3  
Flag salonica
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_S

So, is no one able to help me with this then. All the searching I've done indicates that when I decompress 'framework.jar' then I should have 'classes.dex' inside. However I don't have that.

Can anyone explain to me why this is please before I pull the rest of my hair out.

Thanks

You have to use apktool and apply the command to decompile..

eg.

apktool d framework.jar

this in cmd, will create a new folder named framework.jar.out, then you navigate inside this folder were all the smali's files are etc..

PS. you can't open framework.jar in java decompile, you can open framework.jar extract the classes.dex then use dex2jar tool and turn it back into framework_classes.jar this is the one that can be viewed with java decompilers
10th August 2013, 09:08 AM |#4  
Does annybody know....
Where i can find a clean Settings.apk for the GE 4.3 (i9505) that i can mod? (Decompile/Recompile)
11th August 2013, 10:25 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Portsmouth

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frapedas

You have to use apktool and apply the command to decompile..

eg.

apktool d framework.jar

this in cmd, will create a new folder named framework.jar.out, then you navigate inside this folder were all the smali's files are etc..

PS. you can't open framework.jar in java decompile, you can open framework.jar extract the classes.dex then use dex2jar tool and turn it back into framework_classes.jar this is the one that can be viewed with java decompilers

Thanks for the help. I'm away this week but I'll give it a go next weekend when I'm back.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
11th August 2013, 10:54 PM |#6  
Account currently disabled
Flag llortville
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Force it into submission
be rough with it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
12th August 2013, 09:22 AM |#7  
Quote:

then I should have 'classes.dex' inside. However I don't have that.

Are you using a deodexed ROM?
12th August 2013, 05:20 PM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Portsmouth

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD

Are you using a deodexed ROM?

You've got me there. How would I find out?

13th August 2013, 07:35 AM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Portsmouth

More
Ok, I'm gradually learning here. Having done a bit of research it appears that my rom is odexed (I have .apk and .odex files in my /system/app folder).

I'm assuming then that this will scupper my plans to edit my framework.jar file.

13th August 2013, 10:23 AM |#10  
Quote:

I'm assuming then that this will scupper my plans to edit my framework.jar file.

No no, you just need to deodex your ROM then, luckily for you I've got a little thread here - [Info/How-To/Tools] Deodexing Made Easy... - which will help you with that, obviously ignore the Xperia Z Users part and give the rest a read.
13th August 2013, 10:26 AM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Portsmouth

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD

No no, you just need to deodex your ROM then, luckily for you I've got a little thread here - [Info/How-To/Tool] Deodexing Made Easy... - which will help you with that, obviously ignore the Xperia Z Users part and give the rest a read.

Thanks very much for that, I shall digest the information while I'm on holiday ready to act on it when I get back.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)