I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE!
Tested with MC8/MF1/MG2 builds on a European I8160.
BE AWARE! Flashing bootloader (only V2) can be dangerous and has higher chance to brick your phone, especially if you flash the incorrect version!
- included new Jelly Bean Secondary Bootloader (SBL) now MC8 (and possible other) builds are supported
- included new Jelly Bean Secondary Bootloader (SBL), and param.lfs from P ROM.
This small mod will give you 624 MB accessible RAM on (almost) any stock JB firmware, without installing any other ROM by flashing a new Secondary Bootloader and PARAM.
These files are from the Russian XXMG2 ROM and XXME1 (P) ROM - flashing them does not increase the flash counter.
!!! DO NOT FLASH V2 FIRST! ALWAYS TRY V1 IF NOT WORKS THEN TRY V2 !!!
!!! FOR P VERSION DOWNLOAD "_P_" FILES !!!
I8160: So far only MC8 requires V2, other builds (MF1/MF2/MG2) should work with V1!
I8160P: I don't have it, try V1 first then V2.
I8160L/Chinese/Hong Kong variants: don't try V2, only V1 (not the _P_ version) !
IF YOU ALREADY HAVE JB (and with 482 MB or 550 MB RAM):
1, Flash your stock firmware with Odin, or Update with Kies - assuming you already did.
2, Download the attached 624MEM_V1 or V2.rar.
3, Restart your phone in download mode, start Odin and select 624MEM_VX.tar.md5 as PDA.
4, Flash it, after restart your phone should have 624 MB RAM accessible.
- If the phone boots to recovery just select "reboot system now" and press the power button.
FLASHING STOCK ROM WITH THIS MOD:
1, Download the attached 624MEM_V1 or V2.rar, then extract somewhere.
- Select the stock ROM as PDA and 624MEM_VX.tar.md5 as CSC.
- DO NOT TICK REPARTITION
2, Flash it.
3, After restart your phone should have 624 MB RAM accessible.
CWM FLASHABLE ZIP (ONLY FROM V1):
- I decided to make CWM version only from V1 because V2 replaces the bootloader, and that is much safer to do with Odin.
- requires rooted phone (JB) with busybox and CWM recovery
1, Copy 624MEM_CWM.zip to your external SD card.
2, Flash with CWM as update.zip.
3, After restart you should have 624 MB RAM accessible.
To remove this mod, follow the "HOW TO COME BACK TO GB" guide and after that reflash your stock JB firmware without this mod.