FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Google is looking for your feedback!

119 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By Louer Adun, Senior Member on 2nd August 2013, 06:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just got off the phone with Google technical support. In fact I spent about 40 minutes on the phone with them discussing bugs/problems and feature suggestions with the representative. Google is actively looking for our feedback to improve the devices so feel free to give them a call and contribute your two cents.

Google Play Support: 855-836-3987

Issues/Features I had contacted them about:
Low volume in Netflix
1080p content scaled to 1920x1200 on a 16:10 aspect ratio monitor (other devices scale properly)
Feature request to add an option for auto power off of the device after a specified amount of inactivity
The Following User Says Thank You to Louer Adun For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Louer Adun Ad-Free

3rd August 2013, 03:12 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I wonder if Google read these forums about their devices?
3rd August 2013, 05:57 PM |#3  
Flag Orange County, California
Thanks Meter: 343

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkk69

I bet they do. I know oppo does for the find 5.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
3rd August 2013, 06:02 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 320

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkk69

Yes, we do.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Soldier 2.0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Soldier 2.0 Ad-Free
3rd August 2013, 09:05 PM |#5  
Flag The Internet
Thanks Meter: 511

Donate to Me
More
Just left feedback about Netflix and Chromecast in general specifically:
The need for the Chromecast app to also act as a universal remote to play/pause/next/prev/stop playback from any source without having to go back into the app to make the notification appear.
A widget with basic controls for the above.
Netflix being able to auto-advance show episodes.
Being able to turn off the TV.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier 2.0

Yes, we do.

Thank you. Can you tell whoever the right person is to make the stock Play Store app Multi-DPI friendly? Or at least have an option for it?
4th August 2013, 01:15 AM |#6  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 4

More
We need webGL enabled.
6th August 2013, 02:19 PM |#7  
Flag Canton, GA
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier 2.0

Yes, we do.

Well since you do read and follow this thread, I thought I'd point out my own first impressions and feature requests. I started my own blog for sharing thoughts on the deice and news and reviews of apps that use it and such. My first post has several feature requests. You can read it at http://chromecastcentral.com/2013/08...le-chromecast/
6th August 2013, 03:09 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 186

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louer Adun

Feature request to add an option for auto power off of the device after a specified amount of inactivity

How can that work? I can't image going to my wall unit, opening up the door, reaching behind my Onkyo surround sound receiver, finding the Chromecast amongst a bunch of wires and pressing a button to turn it on. Can you imagine asking the wife to do that?

I hope they don't implement this feature.
6th August 2013, 03:17 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabGuy

How can that work? I can't image going to my wall unit, opening up the door, reaching behind my Onkyo surround sound receiver, finding the Chromecast amongst a bunch of wires and pressing a button to turn it on. Can you imagine asking the wife to do that?

I hope they don't implement this feature.

Sorry I guess I should have been more specific...

It wouldn't actually power down the Chromecast, it would simply disable output of the video signal to the TV/Monitor. If your TV/Monitor has an "auto power off" option when no signal is present, then it will turn itself off. The Chromecast would turn the signal back on when a new cast has started. Pretty much the same idea as the monitor power saving features on a PC. The last thing I want to do is leave my TV/Monitor on all night after watching a show before bed.
6th August 2013, 03:37 PM |#10  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 360

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louer Adun

Sorry I guess I should have been more specific...

It wouldn't actually power down the Chromecast, it would simply disable output of the video signal to the TV/Monitor. If your TV/Monitor has an "auto power off" option when no signal is present, then it will turn itself off. The Chromecast would turn the signal back on when a new cast has started. Pretty much the same idea as the monitor power saving features on a PC. The last thing I want to do is leave my TV/Monitor on all night after watching a show before bed.

If your TV has a usb port on it, you can power the Chromecast by plugging in its power cable to that usb port. When I shut off the tv, the Chromecast shuts off too. That's what I do with mine.
6th August 2013, 03:46 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 186

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekr44

If your TV has a usb port on it, you can power the Chromecast by plugging in its power cable to that usb port. When I shut off the tv, the Chromecast shuts off too. That's what I do with mine.

I have my Chromecast plugged into my AVR and it does the same. When I turn the AVR off the Chromecast also turns off.

I think the actual physical Chromecast device is just a transitional product. Future TVs and AVRs will have this software built into them.
The Following User Says Thank You to TabGuy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TabGuy Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)