This rom is an aosp based rom with my own additions on top.
The main motto of the rom being Kiss. Even though the Meerkat could give you a kiss, it stands for Keeps it Sweet and Simple too
Which means that just like the other K.A.T stuff, the rom's main goal is efficiency, speed/responsiveness,
while not adding bloated features that will slow things down
- Latest Dev Version: KatKiss-4.3.1_029.zip | md5sum | Other Versions | Mirror by Yebyen
- Latest Stable Version: KatKiss-4.3.1_029.zip | md5sum | Other Versions | Mirror by Yebyen
- TF101G AddOn Kernel: KatKiss-4.3_AddOn_TF101G_Kernel_01.zip The default included KatKernel is for the TF101 model and might generate reboots for the TF101G. If that is the case flash this zip after the rom.
- Latest Gapps Package: gapps-KatKiss-4.3_20130914.zip
- Older Gapps Package: 4.2.2 Gapps for TF101
- FSYNC: fsync_on.zip (fsync is off by default in the rom, if you want it on just flash this after the rom)
fsync off will make i/o run faster, but in case your tablet reboots or shutdown unexpectedly you might lose data more often than with fsync on.
So if your tablet tends to be unstable /reboots, if you overclock too much or that you tend to let it run out of battery, you might be better to turn fsync back on
Please note that this version is made and tested on the TF101 model.
Source: https://github.com/timduru (branch katkiss-4.3)
Multiwindow support (see post #2)
High speed and responsive oriented (in its current state it's already faster than 4.2.2)
High performance and overclockable KatKernel included see dedicated KatKernel thread for more info
Compiled with the Linaro Toolchain
Full Dock keyboard Support with special keys with additional CTRL + Menu shortcut for recents apps
Global Shortcuts / KeyOverride Macro association (See post #2 for more info)
Battery Level Indicator & Dock Battery support + Mods (icon/Text/%)
HDMI out options: center, crop, scale
CIFS, ext4, NTFS & Exfat support
Native 4.3 FSTRIM + Manual scripts for Database optimization and fstrim (see post #2)
Media Scanner Filters
Advanced per application permission management (AppOps)
Default Android 4.3 Launcher + Trebuchet
Advanced power menu with reboot options.
Expanded Desktop with the option to hide only the NavBar
Choice between TabletUI and PhabletUI with left or middle aligned nav buttons, and multiple NavBar height.
Wifi channels regulatory domains
Integrated cpu & io performance settings panel
Custom Navbars buttons long press actions
Ethernet support with settings panel
Support for authenticated http download with default Browser
Custom Quick Settings tiles
TWRP >= 220.127.116.11 is recommended, new TWRP available here
- Backup everything !
- Go to recovery
- Make a full wipe / factory reset (you can skip this step if you're already on KatKiss-4.3, if ever you encounter a problem do the full wipe and try again before reporting )
- Format /system
- Flash the rom
- Flash optional kernel
- Flash gapps
- Wipe cache/dalvik
Thanks to the original TeamEos & Cyanogenmod for the work on their roms, Dreamcwli for the base gapps and Guillaume Lesniak for the multiwindow WiP base
Original banner concept by i9apps, Bootanimation by mgeniusm, original drawing by BBF
How to report
What to include in the report