FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HDMI To RCA

69 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By crazy4creationstudios, Member on 5th August 2013, 06:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Can I use a regular HDMI To RCA Converter to use a ChromeCast with my old TV that has the "Yellow, Red, White" Connectors?
Thanks!

Sent from my HTC-PG762 using xda app-developers app

5th August 2013, 11:10 AM |#2  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4creationstudios

Can I use a regular HDMI To RCA Converter to use a ChromeCast with my old TV that has the "Yellow, Red, White" Connectors?
Thanks!

yes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jlc9761 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jlc9761 Ad-Free
kjlong17
5th August 2013, 02:20 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4creationstudios

Thanks!

I've been trying this out for a few days. At first I had a couple issues with the chromecast rebooting every few minutes, but after doing a factory rest it seems fine now. I've got it hooked up to an old stereo system (and monitor) replacing an Airport Express I used to stream from my Ipod. Got to say I like the chromecast a lot better, doesn't have as many features but was much easier to set up and does what I want (Google Play Music and Youtube) perfectly.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
5th August 2013, 05:46 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjlong17

I've been trying this out for a few days. At first I had a couple issues with the chromecast rebooting every few minutes, but after doing a factory rest it seems fine now. I've got it hooked up to an old stereo system (and monitor) replacing an Airport Express I used to stream from my Ipod. Got to say I like the chromecast a lot better, doesn't have as many features but was much easier to set up and does what I want (Google Play Music and Youtube) perfectly.

what kind of converter are you using? The HDMI to RCA has to be powered right? (not just a passive adapter)
The Following User Says Thank You to ralphkaz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ralphkaz Ad-Free
5th August 2013, 05:55 PM |#5  
Flag Baton Rouge
Thanks Meter: 11

Donate to Me
More
Yep
It should work well. I got an HDMI to composite converter off of Amazon and Chromecast works fine
The Following User Says Thank You to nbogan1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nbogan1 Ad-Free
5th August 2013, 07:46 PM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Placerville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphkaz

what kind of converter are you using? The HDMI to RCA has to be powered right? (not just a passive adapter)

I don't have one yet. That's why I'm asking. Any suggestions?

5th August 2013, 07:49 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Placerville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by InflateADate

It should work well. I got an HDMI to composite converter off of Amazon and Chromecast works fine

Great! Can you link me to
The one you bought?

5th August 2013, 07:54 PM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Placerville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjlong17

Haha it sounds like your doing exactly what I'm going to do!

5th August 2013, 08:48 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by InflateADate

can you paste a link to the converter you bought? thanks
5th August 2013, 09:31 PM |#10  
Flag Baton Rouge
Thanks Meter: 11

Donate to Me
More
I can't link yet (under 10 posts) but you can search amazon for:

ViewHD Universal HDMI to Composite / AV Video Converter, Support PAL / NTSC Standard TVs

Just make sure you have a 5V 1A usb charger for it to work properly. I used an apple wall usb charger.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nbogan1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nbogan1 Ad-Free
kjlong17
5th August 2013, 10:13 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008FO...f=ya_aw_oh_pit

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)