A shout out to HTC- DNA Survives pool party

Search This thread

BBEgo

Sep 14, 2011
So I'm partying my anus off at my 20yr high school reunion, and I jump in the pool, cocktail in hand. Party party party... About 2 min go by and... Oh crap, where's my... Oh Jeebus!
Out I go and I pull my poor DNA out of my pocket.
I turn it off immediately and let it bake in the hot sun for about an hour (Palm Springs area).
I fire it up, and it's totally fine. SaWeet!
10hrs later, and all is groovy.
Love my DNA. Hate how stupid I was!

Sent from my HTC DNA

Reactions: JWhetstone02

karn101

Oct 21, 2007
So I'm partying my anus off at my 20yr high school reunion, and I jump in the pool, cocktail in hand. Party party party... About 2 min go by and... Oh crap, where's my... Oh Jeebus!
I turn it off immediately and let it bake in the hot sun for about an hour (Palm Springs area).

Sent from my HTC DNA

Nice!

I had a baby chew on my phone and it bootlooped for like 12 hours because of the drool. Then when it finally turned on the speakers were all effed up and it wouldn't hold a charge. I was filing an insurance claim when I heard a text message go through and immediately cancelled my claim. Now everything is fine and dandy. That was the worst 20 hours of my life (not really, but it sucked).

Baby saliva > Droid DNA > Pool Water

Shahaed

May 4, 2010
20 year reunion. Man. I just graduated 2 months ago. Put's life in perspective I suppose. I haven't even been on this earth 20 years.

BBEgo

Sep 14, 2011
20 year reunion. Man. I just graduated 2 months ago. Put's life in perspective I suppose. I haven't even been on this earth 20 years.

It goes by crazy fast.

One day, you'll just be out doing your thing and it'll hit you like a ton of bricks...
You'll say to yourself: Holy crap! I'm almost 40! :eek:

jbarcus81

Jul 30, 2010
Marietta, OH
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
Since when did senior citizens get involved with android? I thought you guys were still trying to figure out how to use your VCRs?

:p

XQ91uU1.gif

_phoey

May 13, 2013
Mine hasn't been submerged, but splashed with water and it's still held up fine. My NFC decided to stop working for about 2 months afterward, but now it's working fine. Not really sure the two were related though.

I think the HTC Butterfly and DLX have a waterproof seal on the inside, but i'm not sure the DNA does, but still very resistant. It's no Xperia Z, but enough that you can pop it in a bag of rice and fire it up again, no problems whatsoever!

Shahaed

May 4, 2010
It goes by crazy fast.

One day, you'll just be out doing your thing and it'll hit you like a ton of bricks...

Man life goes by too fast. I'm sitting here wondering where the last four years of my life went...

cromanorn

May 28, 2009
It goes by crazy fast.

I feel your pain. As you get closer more **** hurts for no reason. Lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

jonapunk

Jul 8, 2010
clinton township
I had the ol crap I'm in my 30s revelation about a year ago then got cemented in when my 16 year old cousin says when I'm old like you I hope I have a job like that.. I'm 31

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

I had the ol crap I'm in my 30s revelation about a year ago then got cemented in when my 16 year old cousin says when I'm old like you I hope I have a job like that.. I'm 31

On a side note I just got the dna a couple of days ago at 0 dollars and am glad to see this phone is pretty sturdy

d-style

Dec 20, 2010
I'm 37 and I just got this phone a few days ago by adding a line to my account so I can keep my unlimited data plan. I gave my Rezound to my 16 year old for her birthday. So, yea, we old people lurk here too. NOW EAT YOUR VEGETABLES!:p

Reactions: joshua_helm

rossvtaylor

Dec 9, 2008
My DNA also got drenched so much there was fog on the screen, while in my pocket in a torrential rain storm (in remote India, for work). After a few days, all well again. An amazing phone, indeed. It's kept me happy and I've only momentarily had HTC One urges...

BTW, early 50s here. And I have an S-OFF, rooted DNA running Newt's GPE ROM on the T-Mo network. Pretty damn hip for an oldster, if I say so myself. But I have to admit that everything I learned I got from the youngsters here on XDA. Thanks to you all! :)

drumz0rz

Mar 22, 2011
I think the HTC Butterfly and DLX have a waterproof seal on the inside, but i'm not sure the DNA does, but still very resistant. It's no Xperia Z, but enough that you can pop it in a bag of rice and fire it up again, no problems whatsoever!

It has a yellow rubber gasket that seals the two halves of the case from water intrusion. The only places water can permiate are the USB port (which, unless yours broke or you removed it, is sealed fairly well with a rubber gasket on the cover), the headphone jack (also fairly well sealed inside) and the speakers (largest opening). I quick dip and water can't get in.

Weather sealed for your wallet's protection.

rogerwalker22

Sep 15, 2008
Tampa, FL
I was standing at the edge of a pond fishing and dropped mine in the water for like 2 seconds, I've probably never moved that fast in my life lol. Quickly shook it to get whatever water out and it never skipped a beat. Thank God!!!

JWhetstone02

Mar 6, 2011
South Carolina
well I ain't gone lie. I was drunk as all get out last weekend. I was all about using my phone in the pouring rain. well, it was pouring, I was drunk, I was walking in the rain to my car, taking pictures and texting and calling people lol. only thing I did was hold my finger over the headphone jack. a good 20 minutes walking In the rain... success :) like a boss!

-HTC Droid DNA-

merlin66676

Jul 16, 2010
Good story for us old folk, need to get my reading glasses though. Jk. I wonder if they make a little rubber plug that could go in the headphone jack.

IndyRoadie

Aug 1, 2010
Good story for us old folk, need to get my reading glasses though. Jk. I wonder if they make a little rubber plug that could go in the headphone jack.

They do. Most of them are decorative goofy looking baubles, but if you Google "3.5mm dust cap" there are some plain plugs out there pretty cheap.

Oh, and for the record to everyone else on this thread?

I'm 47 :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since when did senior citizens get involved with android? I thought you guys were still trying to figure out how to use your VCRs?

XQ91uU1.gif
    My DNA also got drenched so much there was fog on the screen, while in my pocket in a torrential rain storm (in remote India, for work). After a few days, all well again. An amazing phone, indeed. It's kept me happy and I've only momentarily had HTC One urges...

BTW, early 50s here. And I have an S-OFF, rooted DNA running Newt's GPE ROM on the T-Mo network. Pretty damn hip for an oldster, if I say so myself. But I have to admit that everything I learned I got from the youngsters here on XDA. Thanks to you all! :)

Sent from my HTC DNA
    I'm 37 and I just got this phone a few days ago by adding a line to my account so I can keep my unlimited data plan. I gave my Rezound to my 16 year old for her birthday. So, yea, we old people lurk here too. NOW EAT YOUR VEGETABLES!:p