FORUMS

How to boot into stock recovery

80 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By jddunkley, Member on 6th August 2013, 12:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm trying to clear my caches because my battery is doing some funny stuff every since I got the tablet. Just constantly being used up, even over night it drops 25% when I'm not doing anything. I've only downloaded a few apps but it says "Android OS" is what's taking 50% of the battery.

So I get into Recovery by turning off the device, holding power + Vol. down and then I select Recovery mode.

But all I get is an image of the Android with it's belly open and it says "No command."

How do I get to where I can run everything?

Please help!

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	All Apps.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	2167648   Click image for larger version

Name:	Android OS Usage.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	2167649  
6th August 2013, 12:22 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Is your bootloader unlocked and have you rooted the device yet? The only way I know how to clear the caches through recovery is by doing that first and installing a custom recovery like twrp. If you aren't rooted yet and don't want to root the device I would suggest doing a factory reset first and see if that helps. To do a factory reset go to settings --> backup & reset.
6th August 2013, 12:34 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 7,236

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jddunkley

I'm trying to clear my caches because my battery is doing some funny stuff every since I got the tablet. Just constantly being used up, even over night it drops 25% when I'm not doing anything. I've only downloaded a few apps but it says "Android OS" is what's taking 50% of the battery.

So I get into Recovery by turning off the device, holding power + Vol. down and then I select Recovery mode.

But all I get is an image of the Android with it's belly open and it says "No command."

How do I get to where I can run everything?

Please help!

Thanks!

You can do a factory reset like the previous poster mentioned.

If you want to get the stock recovery menu from the android fallen screen, press volUp.
6th August 2013, 12:49 AM |#4  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Here is your answer if you cannot get in to the os. The commands will not show up unless you do a two button combo. You can get in to stock recovery by doing the following.

When powered off
Hold power+vol down
When bootloader screen comes up
Use volume down to select recovery and then hit the power button
It will then go in to recovery but only show an android with exclamation point.
From here to see command you have to press power + the middle of the volume button (There is a middle button here) Saw the button in the teardown.

From here you can do a factory reset of the device also.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to crystalstylez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crystalstylez Ad-Free
6th August 2013, 04:25 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalstylez

Here is your answer if you cannot get in to the os. The commands will not show up unless you do a two button combo. You can get in to stock recovery by doing the following.

When powered off
Hold power+vol down
When bootloader screen comes up
Use volume down to select recovery and then hit the power button
It will then go in to recovery but only show an android with exclamation point.
From here to see command you have to press power + the middle of the volume button (There is a middle button here) Saw the button in the teardown.

From here you can do a factory reset of the device also.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Yeah this didn't work. I know I got into recovery once without being rooted, but that was on a different device.

I did a factory reset so we'll see if that helps. But it isn't looking like it....

No apps downloaded, only on wifi, brightness is all the way down, turned off location services and the "Android OS" is still taking the battery. It's at 96% after an hour and a half of literally not using it at all...
8th August 2013, 03:16 AM |#6  
Flag Arkadelphia, AR
Thanks Meter: 339

More
When you get to the screen with the android and !, press and hold the power button and then press the vol up. No other combination will work. You can not press the buttons at the same time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to lyall29 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lyall29 Ad-Free
8th August 2013, 03:27 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 7,236

More
There is writeup on how to enter recovery here:

[Info] Guide to entering safe mode, bootloader, stock recovery
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sfhub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sfhub Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)