FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DOWNGRADE] I Got Around the OTA S-OFF Block

154 posts
Thanks Meter: 43

By INeFFeCTiVE, Senior Member on 6th August 2013, 01:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
LOOKS LIKE S-OFF FOR 1.54 HAS HAPPENED. NO NEED TO DOWNGRADE CHECK THE POST HERE

MODS Lock This One Up!!!

I was about to give up on s-off since I got the OTA update but there is hope.

I got s-off doing the following:

1.) Unlock your device via HTCDev
2.) Download and flash CWM Recovery
3.) Flash the stock nandroid for your phone...
a. TWRP Nandroid AT&T Thanks JEANRIVERA
b. TWRP Nandroid AT&T Thanks JEANRIVERA
c. TWRP Nandroid AT&T Thanks cschmitt
If any one has other links to other devices let me know... I think this will work on all of the variants.
Please note that this nandroid was made with TWRP and may need to be restored with TWRP.
On a side note... The original nandroid that I had linked was also created with TWRP and as I was unable to locate the restore function in my TWRP I did restore with CWM.
4.) then relock your device
Code:
fastboot oem lock
5.) grab 1847-ruu-m7-ul-jb-50-cingular-12650212.exe here and run it... Thanks cschmitt
6.) goto the tutorial here... and follow the directions...

This has worked for me... and I hope this will help someone else. All the information came from other people, I just happened to put it in the right order.

If this did not work for you there are New instructions here... Thanks domohan
IT IS IMPORTANT TO DO ALL THE STEPS IN ORDER...

I take no responsibility for anything you do with this information.

If I forgot to mention your name specifically... I'm Sorry and Thanks!

If I helped you hit the thank you button.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to INeFFeCTiVE For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift INeFFeCTiVE Ad-Free

6th August 2013, 03:19 AM |#2  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag SLC
Thanks Meter: 8,976

Donate to Me
More
I see, new hboot. Downgrading it is then. Interesting that they haven't forced htc to shut off the unlocking service.
6th August 2013, 05:45 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
worked as advertised
Thanks a lot. A process for sure but worked for me following the ATT OTA update to .15. Although, I went on to follow the guide at wonderhowto dot com for installing the ASOP Google Edition. Thanks again.
6th August 2013, 03:16 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sacramento

More
Yeah that was the update that got me ... I am really glad that it worked for someone else...
The Following User Says Thank You to INeFFeCTiVE For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift INeFFeCTiVE Ad-Free
7th August 2013, 01:33 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I am having trouble flashing the nandroid. I have tried to both flash the zip as well as unpack it and try to do a restore. Any thoughts?

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Ok, I actually flashed this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2252959

Then ran the .12 RUU and am now S-OFF. Thanks for this!
7th August 2013, 04:38 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sacramento

More
well i am glad you got that working... The way i did the nandroid was by extracting the zip to clockworkmod\backups ... then choosing restore... I had TWRP but could not find the restore Nandroid option.
The Following User Says Thank You to INeFFeCTiVE For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift INeFFeCTiVE Ad-Free
7th August 2013, 08:21 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
The only way I see this actually working is that the RUU just checks the HBOOT version, and not the build date. Otherwise, the .12 RUU would fail to install because the OTA HBOOT has a newer build date.

If this is true, then all AT&T users better get S-OFF now (if they know what S-OFF does). I have a feeling the 4.2.2 update will come out with a newer HBOOT with a higher number. Then surely, any 4.1.2 RUU will not work.
7th August 2013, 08:59 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sacramento

More
In any case, it seems to be working for those of us who weren't paying attention and downloaded the OTA... But the message is still S-OFF now while you can, 'cause they will patch the thing eventually.
7th August 2013, 09:56 PM |#9  
Flag LITH, IL
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I was getting Error = -6 codes and this method worked perfectly for me! Thanks so much!
8th August 2013, 01:14 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
This did not work for my situation...
I had S-OFF, set my CID to 11111111 and installed the latest GE rom. I decided to go back to stock, and made the mistake of S locking without knowing that I could not go back on HBOOT 1.54. Now I'm S-ON with CID 11111111, HBOOT 1.54 and Radio 4A.18

I tried this fix... I get stuck on the RUU, it show sending... but after about 5min it errors out...

Is there any hope for my situation?

This was what in my RUU log...
<T171817><DEBUG><OUT>sending 'zip'... (1029872 KB) FAILED (data transfer failure (Too many links))</OUT>
8th August 2013, 01:29 AM |#11  
Flag Stephens City
Thanks Meter: 9

More
i used this and it worked flawlessly for me, great looking out man. im now s-off with tampered removed
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)