FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

100% working - new ROOT for Sam Sung Galaxy Mega 5.8 (GT-I9152)

74 posts
Thanks Meter: 48

By oldmanhp, Member on 6th August 2013, 07:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Cuz the method here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2329275 can not help you to root your Maga 5.8, I post the file for you to root Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 GT-i9152. It is confirmed work well.

Use ODIN to flash it into your phone and you have root permission. Intruction more clearly in post #2, thank scumpicule

USE AT YOUR RISK.

BUG:
You can not update Superuser online by Market
Attached Files
File Type: tar I9152-JB_4.2.2-boot.tar - [Click for QR Code] (6.47 MB, 254346 views)
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to oldmanhp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oldmanhp Ad-Free

6th August 2013, 08:10 AM |#2  
Flag Hunedoara
Thanks Meter: 462

Donate to Me
More
Nice work man

Thanks for them

I add some details for the root process for "newbies"

Quote:

Instructions

1. Turn off your phone
  2. Simultaneously press the keys: Vol Down + Home + Power Then press again the power button to start the Download mode.
  3. On your computer, run Odin in administrator mode
  4. Connect your phone to your computer via the USB cable
  5. Click on PDA and select the I9152-JB_4.2.2 boot.tar-file you downloaded from your computer
  6. Check the cases that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked
  7. Run the root procedure of clicking the Start button and wait a few moments.At the end of the installation, you can disconnect your phone from your computer
  8. To verify that the root is FUNCTIONAL, install applications that require super-user permissions like -->> LINK2SD

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to scumpicule For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scumpicule Ad-Free
6th August 2013, 09:40 PM |#3  
Flag Makati/Doha
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Great job man thanks for your efforts..

edit: as expected it flashing will trigger the counter no yellow triangle but in download mode it says: current bin: custom, system status: custom, might interfere with ota updates

edit: triangle away works well to reset counter http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1494114

Sent from my GT-I9152 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abendroidx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abendroidx Ad-Free
7th August 2013, 02:22 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aben.dc

Great job man thanks for your efforts..

edit: as expected it flashing will trigger the counter no yellow triangle but in download mode it says: current bin: custom, system status: custom, might interfere with ota updates

edit: triangle away works well to reset counter http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1494114

Br0 can u give little details about it as earlier i was using galaxy ace so dont have much idea about this triangle away..
Thanks in advance...
The Following User Says Thank You to avismohite For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift avismohite Ad-Free
7th August 2013, 02:55 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 602

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avismohite

Br0 can u give little details about it as earlier i was using galaxy ace so dont have much idea about this triangle away..
Thanks in advance...

Follow the link, it explains everything
7th August 2013, 05:33 PM |#6  
Flag Makati/Doha

More
Help!

Please upload a copy of supersu. I deleted mine from /system/app because it won't update from play store now I'm stuck without supersu

7th August 2013, 06:13 PM |#7  
Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scumpicule

Nice work man

Thanks for them

I add some details for the root process for "newbies"

Thanks Worked perfectly fine, i am now Rooted.
But i am back to Square 1 - LINK2SD is not working, it says its not supported by my device, because my device has a primary external storage which is emulated from the internal storage.

EDIT: I bought a Class 10 - 32 GB SD for the phone, so i can move big games to SD.
The Following User Says Thank You to abhijit_net For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abhijit_net Ad-Free
7th August 2013, 07:24 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangburra

Follow the link, it explains everything

kk br0 thanks after little research i read all things about it just few question if u cn clear dem?
if i dont reset via triangle away
1. will it affect the normal OTA updates which i cn get thru software update option?
2. will this affect root?
3. does this work on mega 5.8 m is der need any to reset it untill n unless i have some replacement issue to be done in which i have to give my cell to samsung store?

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Use foldermount to move games to sd

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by aben.dc

Help!

Please upload a copy of supersu. I deleted mine from /system/app because it won't update from play store now I'm stuck without supersu

Here it is
http://db.tt/KJ53jdDm

7th August 2013, 11:30 PM |#9  
Flag Makati/Doha

More
Thanks for the link but supersu reinstalled itself after reboot

I was just wondering does anyone experience the same thing-supersu wont update via play store..strange

1 yes flashing to root device with this file will trigger the flash counter which will indicate unofficial fw is installed after that samsung wont let you get ota updates

2 no but triangle away needs root to work

3 triangle away will reset the flash counter so you can get ota updates unfortunately on our device the counter goes back to 'unofficial' after a reboot

8th August 2013, 11:56 AM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Haiphong
Thanks Meter: 48

More
I don't understand why the phone can not update Superuser from Market. It happen to me too.
I just have NOTE on post #1.
I have to manual update, use Root Explorer rename the newest apk file to Superuser.apk and then set permision rw-r-r for it, after that move it to /system/app overwrite the old one.
The Following User Says Thank You to oldmanhp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oldmanhp Ad-Free
8th August 2013, 11:16 PM |#11  
Flag Makati/Doha

More
Can you please share the latest supersu

The Following User Says Thank You to abendroidx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abendroidx Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)