FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][KTU84P]AOSP from source, 4.4.4 PreFinal

4,992 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,194

Post Reply Email Thread
Android KitKat 4.4.4 AOSP

WORKING:
- Screen (2D (surfaceflinger) + 3d (OpenGL ES 3.0)
- Sound
- GPS
- RIL
- SIM
- G/E/3G/H/H+/LTE
- Outgoing Calls
- Incoming Calls
- Outgoing SMS
- Incoming SMS
- Wifi
- NFC
- LED
- Camera
- Internal/External SD Card
- ExFat
- Bluetooth
- TV-OUT (MHL)
- Infrared (ConsumerIR)
- Sensors
- Netflix Playback
- USB OTG

Little Demonstration

Download:

If you like my work please consider making a donation, I spend almost all my free time on making this rom the best

Download PreFinal Release
- Last release before 100% bug free release "final v1" (from final v1 will only increment if new android version)

BUG COLLECTOR:
https://code.google.com/p/aosp-s4-kk/issues

Download:
http://www.broodplank.net/files/AOSP...5-PreFinal.zip

Below is 4.4.2

Download Release Candidate 5:
check this post

Download:
http://www.broodplank.net/files/AOSP442-i9505-RC-5.zip

Download Release Candidate 4:
- Update to android-4.2.2_r2 (KVT49L)
- Cleaner ramdisk, increase read_ahead_kb
- Fix race condition at boot (100% Fix hang at boot)
- General fixes on cpu behavior
- Choose filesystem on format sdcard
- Dalvik: char array copy optimization
- Introduce RTC clock usage (wake on alarm when off)
- New Wifi firmware
- Some patches for virtual display
- Minor chromium fixes
- Fix video stutters
- Use Real KitKat color Scheme (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2634743)
- QCOM patches for media/display
- Disabled Qcom Enhancements, Fixes video resolution on hw decoder and crash bug
- Tons of patches for audio/video playback
- Update kernel to 3.4.80 with many new patches
- New lossless kernel compression
- Enabled support for Fast Charging
- Camera focus fixes
- SDcard I/O error fixes

Download:
http://www.broodplank.net/files/AOSP442-i9505-RC-4.zip

Additional Information

Getting full WiFi speed
Go to Settings > Wi-Fi > *Press menu button* > Advanced > uncheck Wi-Fi Optimization

Other Downloads:

Download Gapps Lite + Root:
I recommend this lite gapps + root package, it's only around 20mb and works great with ART
http://www.broodplank.net/files/gapp...persu-1.86.zip

Download Boosterpack: (Next to already partly integrated it now causes bootloops)
The boosterpack releases are a combination of the optimized davlik / bionic libs from qualcomm.
Next to that it includes a Linaro O3 Kernel which is compiled with an Optimized Linaro Toolchain (Thanks to @Christopher83)

Latest release: http://www.broodplank.net/files/AOSP...terpack-v7.zip

Installing:
1. Put latest release + gapps lite for 4.4.2 + root on your sdcard
2. Reboot in recovery (make sure its compatible with 4.4.x )
3. If coming from any other rom then a previous version of this aosp, its highly recommended to fully wipe /data to prevent bootloops
4. Install ROM zip and then install gapps + root (the one provided by the link)
5. Reboot your phone and enjoy my ROM

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][KTU84P]AOSP 4.4.4 from source, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
broodplank1337
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: PreFinal
Stable Release Date: 2014-06-21
Current Beta Version: 13
Beta Release Date: 2013-12-11

Created 2013-08-13
Last Updated 2014-06-20
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-08-08-23-23.jpg
Views:	44991
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	2173476   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-08-08-23-09.jpg
Views:	44066
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	2173478   Click image for larger version

Name:	test.jpg
Views:	44662
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	2173479   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-23-04-53-51.jpg
Views:	42821
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	2207478   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-23-04-49-29.jpg
Views:	40778
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	2207479   Click image for larger version

Name:	uberscore.jpg
Views:	34164
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	2211972   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screensho.jpg
Views:	45713
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	2212439  
The Following 199 Users Say Thank You to broodplank1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

8th August 2013, 07:35 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Nijmegen

Donate to Me
More
Ok as some of you know I have been experimenting with AOSP 4.3 lately, and I have build it now from source (with the help of a lot of external repositories. although every file in /system/app and /system/framework is from the real aosp. so that means there are zero modifications to the system. This first build I really messy, I have compiled it with very much pain lol. It's kinda "frankenrom" right now since I have merged different builds together to get the best working system. but it works! And that's a big word when talking about the static aosp. (this is mainly because of the cm repo's else it would have never booted).
The performance is about the same of CM-10.2. it scores around 25k in antutu, but that's the last thing I care about right now.
I think we can get AOSP to work completely for jfltexx, it's not so hard with combined power.. it's hard to do it on your own tho.

Vanilla-O-Meter: 86%
(This represents the percentage of AOSP vanilla repositories used for last build)

WORKING:
- Screen (2D (surfaceflinger) + 3d (OpenGL ES 3.0)
- Sound
- GPS
- RIL
- SIM
- G/3G/H/LTE
- Outgoing Calls
- Incoming Calls
- Outgoing SMS
- Incoming SMS
- Wifi
- NFC
- LED
- Camera (HDR, no green lines on front cam photo's)
- Internal/External SD Card
- ExFat
- Bluetooth
- IRDA (IR Blaster)
- TV-OUT (MHL)

Download:

Download Final Release 5:
- System wide root (all kernels)
- Hangs at bootlogo fixed!
- Some bug fixes to OpenGL ES3.0
- Reverted some provisioning updates (experimental)
- Patch for MKV playback
- Many patches to the camera/gallery
- LibVideoEditor fix
- Improved ADB Error logging (stderr support)

http://www.broodplank.net/files/aosp...5-Final-R5.zip

Download Final Release 4
- Fixed sdcard writing bug
- Many patches from master (maybe including the rare crash on opengl es3.0)
- Provisioning bug (no baseband) probably fixed.
- Kernel update to 3.4.66

http://www.broodplank.net/files/aosp...5-Final-R4.zip

Installing:
1. Put latest release + gapps for 4.3 on your sdcard
2. Reboot in CWM (NO OTHER RECOVERY!!!)
3. If coming from any other rom then a previous version of this aosp, its highly recommended to fully wipe /data to prevent bootloops
4. Install ROM zip and then install gapps (the one provided by the link)
5. Additionally but most likely you want to root it. use SuperSU v1.51 from Chainfire to root it

Credits for repositories:
- AOSP (Google)
- CyanogenMod
- SuperNexus

Credits for commits:
- CyanogenMod
- SlimROM
- LiquidSmooth
- SuperNexus
- AOSP

Screenshots are in the attachment

Scraps:
(these are the attachments I posted randomly)

- Gallery2 (deprecated since last build)
- Linaro O3 Kernel
- Kernel with VDD Sysfs Support (live UV/O) (deprecated since release 3)
- Gallery2 from CM-10.2 (No green lines on front cam and hdr pics but bugged interface)
- mini breakbeat mix (if you need to kill 8.5 minutes, listen to this)
The Following 52 Users Say Thank You to broodplank1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2013, 10:29 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 327

More
Good job Brood.

Hoping you'll have the phone part working soon..Would love to help with some testing.

Sendt fra min GT-I9505 med Tapatalk2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _frog hair For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _frog hair Ad-Free
8th August 2013, 10:48 AM |#4  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Nijmegen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _frog hair

Good job Brood.

Hoping you'll have the phone part working soon..Would love to help with some testing.

Sendt fra min GT-I9505 med Tapatalk2

Thanks The RIL is working but it is not receiving anything, so that's a problem. the current way to hang up a phone call is: "adb shell radiooptions 10"

but not being able to get called is a real problem, it just rings and rings at the person who calls but phone received nothing, also not in logcat. But the reason for that is the telephony provider of AOSP is not properly supporting the samsung ril,so i'm working on that (it's not easy XD )

For now Ill switch back to CM because all that time i'm not reachable. Keep checking this thread for updates.

edit: btw, if people want to experiment, please do! I cannot afford to be unreachable all the time
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to broodplank1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2013, 11:08 AM |#5  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,000

More
I like what your doing on xda but I noticed when your opening a thread I it's not maintained and dies out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sear...chid=208897885
8th August 2013, 12:14 PM |#6  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Nijmegen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boterkaaseneieren

I like what your doing on xda but I noticed when your opening a thread I it's not maintained and dies out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sear...chid=208897885

don't worry on this one lol, it's aosp. it's my number one priority since 1.5 years XD

I have currently made a new github organization (https://github.com/AOSP-S4) where I will store all the repositories
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to broodplank1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2013, 12:16 PM |#7  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,000

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by broodplank1337

don't worry on this one lol, it's aosp. it's my number one priority since 1.5 years XD

I have currently made a new github organization (https://github.com/AOSP-S4) where I will store all the repositories

I'll be very happy if you did with this one.
The Following User Says Thank You to boterkaaseneieren For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift boterkaaseneieren Ad-Free
9th August 2013, 01:14 AM |#8  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Nijmegen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boterkaaseneieren

I'll be very happy if you did with this one.

I will

Already fixed Incoming SMS, now incoming Calls is the target, I think the reason is that the signal strenght is extremely worse (not in the bar but as in values 1500 dBm 780 asu, its should be like 90 afaik. So working on that.

Also able to build it completely from source without any stops so everything gets compiled, no frankenrom combinations

Last 3 issues:
- Call incoming
- Bluetooth
- Camera
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to broodplank1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th August 2013, 04:11 AM |#9  
Flag Bathurst
Thanks Meter: 537

More
Hi Brood,

I was wondering if you could explain what the differences are with your [JSS15J] AOSP vs other AOSP versions out CM10.2 etc etc ???
I am sure i am not the only one very curious about this. Maybe a little bit of info on the process and so on.

Cheers mate !!!
9th August 2013, 06:06 AM |#10  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Nijmegen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

POWERFIST;44439173]Hi Brood,

I was wondering if you could explain what the differences are with your [JSS15J] AOSP vs other AOSP versions out CM10.2 etc etc ???
I am sure i.m not the only one very curious about this. Maybe a little of info on the process and so on.

Cheers mate !!!

Well. this aosp build has been compiled from sources. it uses pretty much CM sources, in order to be able to compile. Although the roms apps/framework files all 100% stock aosp 4.3. It had no modifications whatsoever zo its a sort of base ROM for developers. The most awesome roms are made on aosp. for example CM which is the most popular. CM is heavily modified but a true example of an aosp rom.

Then you have the samsung aosp builds... Which is the least actual aosp of all 3. The ROM is way to big to be a real aosp build. It contains loads of extra stuff which is their framework , but the worst part is. Closed source. So endless painful reverse engineering rom building.

Aosp is the initial mother ROM of all Android roms. Also for sammy stock fw. But if you compare 200mb (aosp) to 2.1gb (tw stock, bloated) then its just a big joke. they make their system so over the top large that it just redeems about 4gb of your total sdcard. Instead of optimizing the stock ROM. They only bloat it richly and add many crap that you dont want.. I love Samsung phones but im my opinion TW is a load of junk. I remeber doping my first antutu test. Just out the store. Phone went black. Reaching about 90 degrees Celcius.

In general the hardware of Samsung is always +1 but the software is always constructed very poorly. Without keeping any optimizing in kind. Samsung just wants tot release as much devices as possible. They do not care about the bugs it seems. Which is good because TW is one mega bug

I just hate tw since im a developer i guess. The way it works is just awful compared to aosp
I installed cm10.1 2 hours after i got my device lol.

Anyways. If this project is stable then this beats the google edition at any time. In usability
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to broodplank1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th August 2013, 08:29 AM |#11  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Nijmegen

Donate to Me
More
Guys I got great news, incoming calls and sms is working! Now camera and bluetooth

btw this last build I compiled had a different hwcomposer, and it made a lot of difference, the screen is not running in vsync atm, it looks really laggy but it runs over 60 fps (when the fps meter goes about 60 in the antutu benchmark test with the knights you know it), anyways, that will not come in the next build, it will include a proper hwcomposer and kernel (since they seem to coop I noticed )

next build has working incoming call and sms. I also have found a patch for S4 camera, so I hope it works

ok taking videos is already working, taking pictures is not (just like on cm because of the build.prop issue, which is kinda weird tbh).
Actually it just stacks up nicely along the "issues" from cm-10.2, mainly because I use the whole CM hardware folder probably
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to broodplank1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.2, aosp from source, jfltexx, kitkat

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)