1,573 posts
Thanks Meter: 23,794

By TKruzze, Senior Member on 8th August 2013, 04:03 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
16th August 2013, 09:39 AM |#101  
Flag Windsor
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thanks PA guys, I will try to dirty flash it and see how things go.

16th August 2013, 04:17 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Why is it that with this gapps and PA on my nexus7 i don't see picasa and g+ albums in the gallery? This works fine on my nexus 4 and iirc it also worked on my nexus 7 when i had stock 4.3 for a day.
16th August 2013, 08:51 PM |#103  
Recognized Themer
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,569

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bautrupp

Why is it that with this gapps and PA on my nexus7 i don't see picasa and g+ albums in the gallery? This works fine on my nexus 4 and iirc it also worked on my nexus 7 when i had stock 4.3 for a day.

PA Gapps does not install GalleryGoogle.apk to the Nexus7.
So if your ROM has Gallery2.apk then it will not sync picasa.

Sent from my Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to Lozone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lozone Ad-Free
16th August 2013, 08:51 PM |#104  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ann Arbor, MI

More
Quote:

Our GApps package will install the Google factory Gallery (aka Photosphere Camera) for all the devices that have a Photosphere camera. Unfortunately, the Nexus 7 (Grouper) does not have a rear camera so you're stuck with the somewhat limited AOSP version from the ROM.

I'm working on a method to make the Photosphere Gallery as a separate addon. If I'm able to do this, I'll add the Grouper Gallery to the package.

I made a Grouper flashable zip for a friend. Once I'm back at my desktop I'll add it to this message and you should be good, at least temporarily.

Sent from my ΠΣΧỤŞ 7² tablet
The Following User Says Thank You to TKruzze For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TKruzze Ad-Free
16th August 2013, 09:00 PM |#105  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKruzze

Our GApps package will install the Google factory Gallery (aka Photosphere Camera) for all the devices that have a Photosphere camera. Unfortunately, the Nexus 7 (Grouper) does not have a rear camera so you're stuck with the somewhat limited AOSP version from the ROM.

I'm working on a method to make the Photosphere Gallery as a separate addon. If I'm able to do this, I'll add the Grouper Gallery to the package.

I made a Grouper flashable zip for a friend. Once I'm back at my desktop I'll add it to this message and you should be good, at least temporarily.

Thank you very much, but i am good since i'm using this.
I only wondered why it is as it is. Of course i would appreciate if i wouldn't have to flash this with every update.
The Following User Says Thank You to bautrupp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bautrupp Ad-Free
16th August 2013, 09:50 PM |#106  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Very nice gapps package, works like a charm! Keep up the good work!
The Following User Says Thank You to okopop For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift okopop Ad-Free
17th August 2013, 03:40 AM |#107  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ann Arbor, MI

More
Quote:

Thank you very much, but i am good since i'm using this.
I only wondered why it is as it is. Of course i would appreciate if i wouldn't have to flash this with every update.

I took a quick look at it and it's well done. It does have addon.d support , so you won't need to reflash it with every update.

Sent from my ΠΣΧỤŞ 7² tablet
The Following User Says Thank You to TKruzze For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TKruzze Ad-Free
17th August 2013, 10:46 AM |#108  
NYC
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Not sure if anyone noticed but after installing PA GApps the punctuations dissapear on the keyboard for long pressing.
17th August 2013, 11:05 AM |#109  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKruzze

I took a quick look at it and it's well done. It does have addon.d support , so you won't need to reflash it with every update.

Since i format cache and system partition at every rom/gapps update the script doesn't work for me, but it's really not the problem to flash the zip.
I appreciate your work very much and thanks again for looking into it.
17th August 2013, 08:29 PM |#110  
Flag rochester
Thanks Meter: 343

More
Media fire is so fast! Thank you for the comprehensive gapps section with fast speeds!
17th August 2013, 10:06 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
It works fine with latest nighties cm 10.2 on my LG - don't need to reflash gapps every day when flashing new nightly rom.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4, aospa, gapps, pa gapps, paranoid
Previous Thread Next Thread