FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GAPPS][CLOSED][4.4.4] PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's) [CLOSED]

1,573 posts
Thanks Meter: 23,794
 
By TKruzze, Senior Member on 8th August 2013, 04:03 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
16th August 2013, 09:39 AM |#101  
Member
Flag Windsor
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thanks PA guys, I will try to dirty flash it and see how things go.
 
 
16th August 2013, 04:17 PM |#102  
bautrupp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 79
 
More
Why is it that with this gapps and PA on my nexus7 i don't see picasa and g+ albums in the gallery? This works fine on my nexus 4 and iirc it also worked on my nexus 7 when i had stock 4.3 for a day.
16th August 2013, 08:51 PM |#103  
Lozone's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,569
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bautrupp

Why is it that with this gapps and PA on my nexus7 i don't see picasa and g+ albums in the gallery? This works fine on my nexus 4 and iirc it also worked on my nexus 7 when i had stock 4.3 for a day.

PA Gapps does not install GalleryGoogle.apk to the Nexus7.
So if your ROM has Gallery2.apk then it will not sync picasa.


Sent from my Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to Lozone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lozone Ad-Free
16th August 2013, 08:51 PM |#104  
TKruzze's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ann Arbor, MI
Thanks Meter: 23,794
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bautrupp

Why is it that with this gapps and PA on my nexus7 i don't see picasa and g+ albums in the gallery? This works fine on my nexus 4 and iirc it also worked on my nexus 7 when i had stock 4.3 for a day.

Our GApps package will install the Google factory Gallery (aka Photosphere Camera) for all the devices that have a Photosphere camera. Unfortunately, the Nexus 7 (Grouper) does not have a rear camera so you're stuck with the somewhat limited AOSP version from the ROM.

I'm working on a method to make the Photosphere Gallery as a separate addon. If I'm able to do this, I'll add the Grouper Gallery to the package.

I made a Grouper flashable zip for a friend. Once I'm back at my desktop I'll add it to this message and you should be good, at least temporarily.


Sent from my ΠΣΧỤŞ 7² tablet
The Following User Says Thank You to TKruzze For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TKruzze Ad-Free
16th August 2013, 09:00 PM |#105  
bautrupp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 79
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKruzze

Our GApps package will install the Google factory Gallery (aka Photosphere Camera) for all the devices that have a Photosphere camera. Unfortunately, the Nexus 7 (Grouper) does not have a rear camera so you're stuck with the somewhat limited AOSP version from the ROM.

I'm working on a method to make the Photosphere Gallery as a separate addon. If I'm able to do this, I'll add the Grouper Gallery to the package.

I made a Grouper flashable zip for a friend. Once I'm back at my desktop I'll add it to this message and you should be good, at least temporarily.

Thank you very much, but i am good since i'm using this.
I only wondered why it is as it is. Of course i would appreciate if i wouldn't have to flash this with every update.
The Following User Says Thank You to bautrupp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bautrupp Ad-Free
16th August 2013, 09:50 PM |#106  
Junior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Very nice gapps package, works like a charm! Keep up the good work!
The Following User Says Thank You to okopop For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift okopop Ad-Free
17th August 2013, 03:40 AM |#107  
TKruzze's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ann Arbor, MI
Thanks Meter: 23,794
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bautrupp

Thank you very much, but i am good since i'm using this.
I only wondered why it is as it is. Of course i would appreciate if i wouldn't have to flash this with every update.

I took a quick look at it and it's well done. It does have addon.d support , so you won't need to reflash it with every update.

Sent from my ΠΣΧỤŞ 7² tablet
The Following User Says Thank You to TKruzze For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TKruzze Ad-Free
17th August 2013, 10:46 AM |#108  
ink718's Avatar
Senior Member
NYC
Thanks Meter: 132
 
More
Not sure if anyone noticed but after installing PA GApps the punctuations dissapear on the keyboard for long pressing.
17th August 2013, 11:05 AM |#109  
bautrupp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 79
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKruzze

I took a quick look at it and it's well done. It does have addon.d support , so you won't need to reflash it with every update.

Since i format cache and system partition at every rom/gapps update the script doesn't work for me, but it's really not the problem to flash the zip.
I appreciate your work very much and thanks again for looking into it.
17th August 2013, 08:29 PM |#110  
-DroidIsDNA-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag rochester
Thanks Meter: 343
 
More
Media fire is so fast! Thank you for the comprehensive gapps section with fast speeds!
17th August 2013, 10:06 PM |#111  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
It works fine with latest nighties cm 10.2 on my LG - don't need to reflash gapps every day when flashing new nightly rom.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4, aospa, gapps, pa gapps, paranoid
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes