FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.0+] WIBR - wifi bruteforce hack

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By shaman79, Junior Member on 8th August 2013, 06:27 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
My app was recently banned from Play and you were asking to put it here, so here it is.

I would be really glad if somebody could give me some hints how to get the app back on Play. I read the reason for removal and I think somebody at Google did not understand what the app is doing. There are apps doing the same for router passwords and there is also complete BackTrack distro living for 2 years on Play so I really do not understand why my app was removed!! It is not using any packet injection or other exploits, it only does the same the user can do - try passwords one by one (of course using app is more convenient). We can discuss it in this thread, I would be happy to hear your opinions. Please note that I was learning on this app so it is far from perfect The paid version is better and still living on Play, but I am counting hours to its removal. Well, this really sucks as it cost me lot of work

Thank you for support!

DESCRIPTION
WIBR is application for testing of security of the WPA/WPA2 PSK WiFi networks. This application is NOT FAKE, it really works and it is possible to access the WiFi network if it uses weak password. Read whole description before using.

Dictionary test - it tries passwords from predefined list one by one. Please don't be disappointed if the password will not be found, it simply means that it was not in the dictionary. However, if somebody set his key to "12345678" or "password" it will be detected.

It's easy as 1-2-3.

1) List available networks and select desired network. WIBR is tested on WPA/WPA2 networks with pre-shared key (PSK). Please note, that the testing will be unreliable if the signal is weak! WARNING: HACKING SOMEBODY ELSE'S WIFI IS ILLEGAL! USE THIS APP ONLY ON YOUR OWN NETWORKS!

2) Select desired dictionaries . There are three predefined wordlist which you can use. They contains a list of most commonly used passwords. Please note, that for WPA passwords the minimum length is 8 characters and shorter passwords will be skipped.

3) Wait for results. The process is very slow due to nature of the WiFi connection handling in Android, so be prepared that it can take a loooooooong time. 8 passwords/minute is considered good speed. The wifi have to be enabled all the time, so WIBR is also battery eater!

NOTES
WIBR will change password for the selected network. It is impossible to get this password back. If you are testing previously saved network then the password will be lost.

WIBR will not work on other encryptions than WPA/WPA2.

if it doesn't work:
- you are trying to test network with weak or unstable signal or in very "noisy" environment (i.e. many networks on same channel)
- you are trying to access network which is using so called MAC filtering, so only explicitly allowed devices could access the network

The solution is to try WIBR on another network with good signal.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to shaman79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shaman79 Ad-Free

8th August 2013, 06:33 PM |#2  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 206

More
Perhaps you picked the wrong keyword... Bruteforce+hack sounds very illegal

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
The Following User Says Thank You to edmondt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift edmondt Ad-Free
8th August 2013, 06:39 PM |#3  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Moderator / (Un)recognised Pole Dancer
Flag Northamptonshire
Thanks Meter: 4,175

More
Sorry but it's not welcome here either. I've removed the link to stop you getting into any trouble over it.

Thread closed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Archer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Archer Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, bruteforce, dictionary, hack, wifi
Previous Thread Next Thread