FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Firefox OS for Ray! The Possibility and Preview by trewelu

72 posts
Thanks Meter: 29
 
Post Reply Email Thread
I came up with this post.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...300431&page=11 - post #107.

trewelu (http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=2844579) has built it from the source and this post contains a link for the rom. Check it out. [Screenshots included] Don't forget to thank trewelu! All credits go to him and I'm only directing you guys..

The original repo and instructions are here. http://neuralassembly.blogspot.com/2...irefox-os.html

May be some experienced dev give it a go with specially the small screen resolution issue with [Screenshots from my ray are attached]
$ export MOZILLA_OFFICIAL=1
$ export GAIA_DEV_PIXELS_PER_PX=2

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	945963_429909580458555_928127674_n.jpg
Views:	4884
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	2175545   Click image for larger version

Name:	1005238_429910357125144_791287474_n.jpg
Views:	4266
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	2175546   Click image for larger version

Name:	579611_429910133791833_672633666_n.jpg
Views:	4098
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	2175547  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ray_Rx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ray_Rx Ad-Free
 
 
9th August 2013, 08:26 AM |#2  
matgras's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 723
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Rx

I came up with this post.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...300431&page=11 - post #107.

trewelu (http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=2844579) has built it from the source and this post contains a link for the rom. Check it out. [Screenshots included] Don't forget to thank trewelu! All credits go to him and I'm only directing you guys..

The original repo and instructions are here. http://neuralassembly.blogspot.com/2...irefox-os.html

May be some experienced dev give it a go with specially the small screen resolution issue with [Screenshots from my ray are attached]
$ export MOZILLA_OFFICIAL=1
$ export GAIA_DEV_PIXELS_PER_PX=2

Thank you!

The screenshots look really nice but I can't read Chinese, can anybody write a proper tutorial for this?

sent from my Xperia ray using tapatalk 0.2 alpha
9th August 2013, 08:49 AM |#3  
Ray_Rx's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Matale
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by matgras

The screenshots look really nice but I can't read Chinese, can anybody write a proper tutorial for this?

sent from my Xperia ray using tapatalk 0.2 alpha

When you open the page using Chome, it asks for the translation. Then you can read pretty much everything..
9th August 2013, 08:55 AM |#4  
matgras's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 723
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Rx

When you open the page using Chome, it asks for the translation. Then you can read pretty much everything..

yes yes.... but then I first have to install chrome

sent from my Xperia ray using tapatalk 0.2 alpha
9th August 2013, 08:59 AM |#5  
Ray_Rx's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Matale
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by matgras

yes yes.... but then I first have to install chrome

sent from my Xperia ray using tapatalk 0.2 alpha

9th August 2013, 09:33 AM |#6  
Member
Angers
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matgras

yes yes.... but then I first have to install chrome

sent from my Xperia ray using tapatalk 0.2 alpha

Or you can just copy the link and paste it into google translation
9th August 2013, 09:35 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Rx

I came up with this post.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...300431&page=11 - post #107.

trewelu (http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=2844579) has built it from the source and this post contains a link for the rom. Check it out. [Screenshots included] Don't forget to thank trewelu! All credits go to him and I'm only directing you guys..

The original repo and instructions are here. http://neuralassembly.blogspot.com/2...irefox-os.html

May be some experienced dev give it a go with specially the small screen resolution issue with [Screenshots from my ray are attached]
$ export MOZILLA_OFFICIAL=1
$ export GAIA_DEV_PIXELS_PER_PX=2

Thank you!

The 1st option affecting boot up image, blue bg with firefox logo instead of gray background with mozilla foundation text. The same also applies for browser logo (nightly logo or firefox logo).

The 2nd option actually has been applied. If you take a look at my screenshot, all the 4 item is is spaced up nicely. In your screenshot (which I believe after applying the ota update), is packed to the center.

The LED issue and accelerometer I mentioned in my post was caused by missed step to patch the thing. I have built a new one with led and sensor fixed. I haven't upload it though. If anyone interested, I can upload it later after my internet return to normal.

EDIT: Oh one more. Credit should be fully given to NeuralAssembly. I just build from his source, using his instruction
The Following User Says Thank You to trewelu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trewelu Ad-Free
9th August 2013, 10:28 AM |#8  
Ray_Rx's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Matale
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trewelu

The 1st option affecting boot up image, blue bg with firefox logo instead of gray background with mozilla foundation text. The same also applies for browser logo (nightly logo or firefox logo).

The 2nd option actually has been applied. If you take a look at my screenshot, all the 4 item is is spaced up nicely. In your screenshot (which I believe after applying the ota update), is packed to the center.

The LED issue and accelerometer I mentioned in my post was caused by missed step to patch the thing. I have built a new one with led and sensor fixed. I haven't upload it though. If anyone interested, I can upload it later after my internet return to normal.

EDIT: Oh one more. Credit should be fully given to NeuralAssembly. I just build from his source, using his instruction

first of all thanks for the build and reply.

i tried replacing b2g folder from a hd branch build for galaxy nexus. then the icons and ui were nearly perfect but the ui was a bit larger than the screen.

would love if you share your new build. thanks.
9th August 2013, 01:29 PM |#9  
PurlingNayuki's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trewelu

The 1st option affecting boot up image, blue bg with firefox logo instead of gray background with mozilla foundation text. The same also applies for browser logo (nightly logo or firefox logo).

The 2nd option actually has been applied. If you take a look at my screenshot, all the 4 item is is spaced up nicely. In your screenshot (which I believe after applying the ota update), is packed to the center.

The LED issue and accelerometer I mentioned in my post was caused by missed step to patch the thing. I have built a new one with led and sensor fixed. I haven't upload it though. If anyone interested, I can upload it later after my internet return to normal.

EDIT: Oh one more. Credit should be fully given to NeuralAssembly. I just build from his source, using his instruction

Just interested in the brand-new designed Firefox OS. Hope that you can upload your latest build at all time.
9th August 2013, 03:01 PM |#10  
Member
Angers
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Hello, my build fails, I have multiple error during building, with sinescope.cpp and audioloop ? I probably did something wrong but I followed everything carefully. is it a bad sync ?
Edit :
I tried just the build.sh with otapackage on the line it did gave me other I just don't get it although I m use to compile But not as advanced
I would't mind if you'd upload it actually. Can I use the standard 9.1 kernel provided by cyanogen ?
I deleted the whole directory, and restarted the git, I think it's becaues I went out of space, and I think it didn t resume
The Following User Says Thank You to bourrinlepoulpe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bourrinlepoulpe Ad-Free
9th August 2013, 11:46 PM |#11  
Ray_Rx's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Matale
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
just curious, how much is the repo size when completely downloaded?? anyway all the best and happy compiling!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
demo, firefox os, xperia ray

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes