FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][4.3] SlimBean - I9000 [STABLE][+WEEKLIES]

1,069 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,295

By mnazim, Inactive Recognized Developer on 10th August 2013, 05:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:
  1. The Real Dark Slim
  2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
  3. Full hardware key rebinding!
  4. Keyboard rotation
  5. SlimCenter
Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
  • IRC: #slimusers
  • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
  • Google+ [link]
  • Twitter [link]
  • Facebook [Link]
Installation instructions
For Most Users

Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
  • Download the latest build from [here]
  • Addons ( 4.3 packages are different from 4.2.2) from [here]
  • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
  • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot
FAQ
Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

To get root working go to Settings/Developer options/
Then change the option "root access" to "apps and adb".

Help us out!
If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
You can find the full list of credits here

Source
Please visit here for the rom source code.
Kernel source can be found here
The Following 71 Users Say Thank You to mnazim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mnazim Ad-Free
10th August 2013, 05:07 AM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

More
NOTE : To get root working go to Settings -> Developer options, then change the option "root access" to "apps and adb".

NOTE:
Completely new base with over 5 million code changes.... Please format system and factory reset to avoid any issues.!!!
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to mnazim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mnazim Ad-Free
10th August 2013, 05:20 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
I'm always getting an 'android.process.media' FC when installing 4.3beta, installation was done according to the instructions (twice!).

Known issue or just me?
The Following User Says Thank You to surubutna For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surubutna Ad-Free
10th August 2013, 06:17 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 152

More
First of all, BIG THANKS to SlimTeam for providing SlimBean 4.3 to SGS1 :thumbup:
One question, may I know what does it mean by the statement in Slim website about Titanium Backup below?
* If you use TitaniumBackup you need to change in settings you backup/restore path to "legacy" *
I was trying to find this setting but couldn't find any.
Kindly elaborate more. Thank you.
10th August 2013, 08:05 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 103

More
thank you further quick update.waiting for native su/root fix.4.3 is new so will take time to fix those small bugs.
The Following User Says Thank You to senotrius For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift senotrius Ad-Free
10th August 2013, 08:06 AM |#6  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by surubutna

I'm always getting an 'android.process.media' FC when installing 4.3beta, installation was done according to the instructions (twice!).

Known issue or just me?

Cannot reproduce here.. try a massive wipe and system format and reinstall.. clean up the storage if possible, may contain corrupted media files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsinaga

May I know what does it mean by the statement in Slim website about Titanium Backup below?
* If you use TitaniumBackup you need to change in settings you backup/restore path to "legacy" *
I was trying to find this setting but couldn't find any.
Kindly elaborate more. Thank you.

I suppose it was applicable only for the restore option in some particular version of titanium backup. Will look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senotrius

thank you further quick update.waiting for native su/root fix.4.3 is new so will take time to fix those small bugs.

SU works all fine on slim. You just have to select 'Apps and ADB' in developer options as mentioned in OP.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mnazim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mnazim Ad-Free
10th August 2013, 08:20 AM |#7  
Flag Bielefeld
Thanks Meter: 348

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by surubutna

Known issue or just me?

Same here. Just installed the beta1 with full wipe and format /system. I did a wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache and rebooted. Now it seems to be working ok.

Edit: can't get root access. I had the same problem yesterday with Mackay Rom 3.0.0 (4.3 base). Solution was to enable developer options >> root access >> enable (or similar).
The Following User Says Thank You to derboedi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift derboedi Ad-Free
10th August 2013, 08:50 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I'm always getting an 'android.process.media' FC when installing 4.3beta, installation was done according to the instructions (twice!). fuul wipe 4 times and dalvik cache all but same and googla apps proces stoped
10th August 2013, 08:56 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
AWESOME!!! Gonna wait a bit until it is stable... only in build 7.5-8 and using cyancore 2.8.6 i finally managed to make my phone stable and i don't wanna ruin it now but thanks a lot slim team... best dev team out there!
10th August 2013, 09:06 AM |#10  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamor

I'm always getting an 'android.process.media' FC when installing 4.3beta, installation was done according to the instructions (twice!). fuul wipe 4 times and dalvik cache all but same and googla apps proces stoped

Which gapps you are using? have to use gapps for 4.3
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samtan4326 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Samtan4326 Ad-Free
10th August 2013, 09:11 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samtan4326

Which gapps you are using? have to use gapps for 4.3

yes 4.3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.3, fast, rom, slim

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)