FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

one to avoid....nyko play pad

586 posts
Thanks Meter: 102

By Gloris, Senior Member on 12th August 2013, 04:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
just received my nyko play pad and very sad to report how poorly it functions.

neither trigger works it's as if they are not even present in any app or game. the left analogue slider constantly drifts upwards even when you aren't touching the controller at al. and the start/select buttons can not actually be mapped in any game because all they do is mimic the menu and back buttons at the bottom of the s4.

anyone who was thinking of getting this for gaming on their s4 i'd say to avoid it. after trying a couple of different controllers now i'm thinking i may have to just admit that all these bluetooth controllers are a waste of time and i'm better off just sticking to my wired ps3 dual shock pad. shame that this can not be wirelessly paired without rooting, as i need a stock/untouched device in order to run sky go app (very much needed).

another one to definitely avoid is anyone on ebay selling wii u controllers as "android os" compatible. I found out the hard way that they are just referring to it's compatibility with some android based apps on the wii, and will not pair with android devices at all.

just a heads up

12th August 2013, 04:34 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 239

More
Just root already
12th August 2013, 05:35 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
much rather have sky go than root. trust me when you have a 10 hour shift on a sunday with absolutely no custom, you need something to watch
12th August 2013, 05:42 PM |#4  
Flag Fresno
Thanks Meter: 90

More
I’ll second the notion to root. I love using my PS3 controller to play Mario 64 on my S4 wirelessly. As far as SkyGo goes, you actually have a couple of options man. I’d try Hide My Root, which looks like a few Galaxy owners verify work to use SkyGo in the review section. Didn’t see an S4 one though. It’s worth a shot. Or I even heard of a working Sky Go repository for XBMC if you’re familiar with that at all. XBMC is kind of a chore to get video playing but some people swear it’s the future.
12th August 2013, 06:19 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
i tried a whole host of root hiding apps on my xperia s when i had it, and not only did they not work but they required me to totaly restore the entire stock rom before i could get sky go running again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)