[ROM] [4.2.2] RootBox Nightlies [TF101 only]

Search This thread

aerdman

Aug 15, 2010
Ottawa

picture.php

Vanilla-RootBox-Custom-ROM.jpg

Description

Vanilla RootBox is built straight from RootBox sources and always carries a very light installation with no extra/useless apps. This means, you can enjoy a pure Android experience combined with AOKP/CM/PA features. Every RootBox releases are stable and always up to the challenge for a daily usage. If you're wondering how this ROM differs from any other AOKP roms out there, I only have one thing to say: Try it yourself and choose the one that meets your requirements.

Features

Built from RootBox Sources

For a complete list of all Features in RootBox, visit the following link:
Complete Feature List

Recommended Installation Steps

Coming from another Custom ROM:

1. Backup your existing ROM

2. Wipe Data/Factory Reset (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)

3. Wipe System (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)

4. Flash RootBox zip

5. Flash JB GAPPS

6. Reboot

How to upgrade RootBox versions:

2. Flash RootBox zip

3. Flash JB GAPPS

4. Wipe Cache

5. Wipe Dalvik Cache

6. Reboot

Sources

RootBox

https://github.com/Root-Box/

Device tree

https://github.com/ariel-erdman/device_asus_tf101

KatKernel

https://github.com/timduru/tf101-katkernel

Changelog

RootBox Changelogs

TF101 Specific

• Basic dock functionality works, but special keys and dock battery not currently (and may never be) supported
  • My goal was to get a working build of RootBox for my TF101, since I use it on my other devices. Now that the environment is up and running, I decided to make it available to others
  • I will attempt to build and publish the nightlies on a regular basis, but be aware that I don't necessarily flash all of them myself. Use at your own risk

Downloads

Latest Stable Build [8/5/13]
RootBox-JB-tf101-Unofficial-V4.2.zip

Latest Nightly Build
RootBox-JB-tf101-Unofficial-20130719.zip

Credits/Thanks To:

* bajee11 - RootBox Creator
* AOKP
* The CyanogenMod Project
* Paranoid Android
* BigDenn - Logo, bootanimation and wallpapers
* josteink / TeamEOS / TheMrcool212 and those who contributed to the device tree
* Timduru - KatKernel and K.A.T App

Last edited:

thelangosta

Cool one of my favorite Roms. Now I just need to figure out how to set up a build environment and try to build LiquidSmooth and we would have a nice set of Roms. Last time I tried to get it set up it failed at the same place and no matter what I did I could not get everything loaded. Not that I have any experience doing such things.

So, thanks for a cool ROM.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

YES!

Congrats & Welcome mate!

Thanks for porting Bajee's fine creation!

I already have RB in my beloved Note, now it's time to have it on my Transformer too!.... will flash and report as soon as I can... cheers! :highfive:

so....... to make it clear: the dock's special keys are not working and the dock's battery isn't working (not being recognized) too and never will?...... the dock's battery issue it's kind of a little drawback here, will give it a shot anyways...

Last edited:

aerdman

Aug 15, 2010
Ottawa
Congrats & Welcome mate!

I already have RB in my beloved Note, now it's time to have it on my Transformer too!.... will flash and report as soon as I can... cheers! :highfive:

so....... to make it clear: the dock's special keys are not working and the dock's battery isn't working (not being recognized) too and never will?...... the dock's battery issue it's kind of a little drawback here, will give it a shot anyways...

Yes, unfortunately I was not able to get full support for the dock working. While it is not my intention to leave it broken, I cannot promise that I will ever figure it out.

My plan is to get the 4.3 builds working, once Bajee releases them, and then switch focus to fixing the dock. I hope to learn what I can from the other developers on this device, who were able to get the dock working in their ROMs, and apply it here.

Reactions: TavoAcAr
Yes, unfortunately I was not able to get full support for the dock working. While it is not my intention to leave it broken, I cannot promise that I will ever figure it out.

I'm sure @timduru and @teameos can give you some valuable advice to get it working, they are some of the top notch devs here (and always very helpful members BTW) when it comes to the Transformer :cowboy:

My plan is to get the 4.3 builds working, once Bajee releases them, and then switch focus to fixing the dock. I hope to learn what I can from the other developers on this device, who were able to get the dock working in their ROMs, and apply it here.

v4.3 will be indeed a great build but once it has been well debugged by Bajee and it will take some time to achieve that :( for now, myself (and I'm sure many others) still prefer to have an v4.2.2 stable and perfected to have a good working base on the tf101, so my feeling is that v4.2 is the way to go hopefully fixing the dock battery :fingers-crossed: , BTW, does the GPS locks fine?... :confused:

Thanks for your commitment on this project @aerdman and to share it with all of us! :good:

samuel clarke

Mar 27, 2008
Essex
I'm getting the error unfortunately gallery has stopped when trying to run the camera.
This is with no Gapps installed and with? Any help would be great.

frederuco

Feb 27, 2012
Camera relies on gallery (for stuff like photosphere)

Not surprised it isn't working without GAPPS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

picture.php

Vanilla-RootBox-Custom-ROM.jpg

Description

Vanilla RootBox is built straight from RootBox sources and always carries a very light installation with no extra/useless apps. This means, you can enjoy a pure Android experience combined with AOKP/CM/PA features. Every RootBox releases are stable and always up to the challenge for a daily usage. If you're wondering how this ROM differs from any other AOKP roms out there, I only have one thing to say: Try it yourself and choose the one that meets your requirements.

Features

Built from RootBox Sources

For a complete list of all Features in RootBox, visit the following link:
    Complete Feature List

Recommended Installation Steps

Coming from another Custom ROM:

2. Wipe Data/Factory Reset (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)

3. Wipe System (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)

4. Flash RootBox zip

5. Flash JB GAPPS

6. Reboot

How to upgrade RootBox versions:

2. Flash RootBox zip

3. Flash JB GAPPS

4. Wipe Cache

5. Wipe Dalvik Cache

6. Reboot

Sources

RootBox

https://github.com/Root-Box/

Device tree

https://github.com/ariel-erdman/device_asus_tf101

KatKernel

https://github.com/timduru/tf101-katkernel

Changelog

RootBox Changelogs

TF101 Specific

• Basic dock functionality works, but special keys and dock battery not currently (and may never be) supported
    • My goal was to get a working build of RootBox for my TF101, since I use it on my other devices. Now that the environment is up and running, I decided to make it available to others
    • I will attempt to build and publish the nightlies on a regular basis, but be aware that I don't necessarily flash all of them myself. Use at your own risk

Downloads

Latest Stable Build [8/5/13]
    RootBox-JB-tf101-Unofficial-V4.2.zip

Latest Nightly Build
    RootBox-JB-tf101-Unofficial-20130719.zip

Credits/Thanks To:

* bajee11 - RootBox Creator
    * AOKP
    * The CyanogenMod Project
    * Paranoid Android
    * BigDenn - Logo, bootanimation and wallpapers
    * josteink / TeamEOS / TheMrcool212 and those who contributed to the device tree
    * Timduru - KatKernel and K.A.T App

Hey, friend. Congratulations! You finally did it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
    Still uploading? Links go to a download page.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

My bad. Fixed the download links
    Congrats & Welcome mate!

I'm getting the error unfortunately gallery has stopped when trying to run the camera.
    This is with no Gapps installed and with? Any help would be great.

Yea you're right, I'm getting this as well. I will make a note of this and investigate along with the dock support.