For general comments and support, please post in the thread in the Android Apps and Games section.
This thread will then be intended for Xperia-specific discussions only.
ADVANCED POWER MENUXposed Mod
Advanced Power Menu is an Xposed Mod which adds advanced reboot options (reboot, soft reboot and reboot to recovery) and screenshot option to your power menu. It works on both AOSP and Xperia devices. For rebooting into recovery, a special implementation for Xperia devices is used, but it will also work on AOSP devices.
- [NEW] Anti-theft helper - Stop anyone from turning off your phone /enabling airplane mode when the device is locked. In this way no one can stop Android Device Manager from locating your phone by turning off the phone or disabling mobile data (removable battery not taken into account)
- A dedicate first-level option for rebooting
- Fully working reboot to recovery(no reboot wrapper required)*, bootloader and soft reboot
- Screenshot function
- Quick dial - call a predefined number directly from the power menu
- Toggle mobile data from your power menu
- High quality mdpi-xxhdpi icons
- GUI for different configurations
- Multi-language support
- Easy Installation. No flashing required.
- Works both for odexed and deodexed ROMs
- Quite future proof (should work for Android 4.3 if there is no big framework change from Sony)#
- Should work for a lot of devices
* - For rebooting into recovery, a special implementation for Xperia devices is used, but it will also work on AOSP devices.
# - Unfortunately, there IS framework change from Sony, mainly caused by the new theming engine. Therefore the regular Xposed Installer doesn't work on Xperia 4.3 ROMs. You can download the special version here (released by rovo89, mirrored because I've forgotten the original link):http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...5&d=1387049158
See the app in action
You can add items into the power menu like this:
Or remove items like this:
The reboot sub-menu:
Anti-theft helper: this is what a bad guy will see if he tries to turn off your phone while the device is locked:
Settings - great level of customization:
- All Xperia Phones with rooted stock 4.0+ ROM / Nexus devices / AOSP#/ a number of other devices(see confirmed working devices below) (Please do test and tell me)
- Xposed framework installed
#AOSP: not including CM, PAC, etc. This may mess things up and there's no point in doing so
Warning: This will definitely NOT work for Samsung TouchWiz stock ROMs or anything based on them!
The effect of this on TouchWiz ROMs will be that your phone will reboot immediately whenever you press the power button
(Google Play Edition will be ok, I think)
Note: for Android 4.4 you need the latest version of Xposed Installer (2.4 Beta 1 or later)
A user has reported that sound options disappear when using this mod on HTC One. I currently have no idea why this happens, and I'm too busy to figure it out at this moment. Sorry.
You will need xposed framework and for this mod to work! See prerequisites above.
After you meet the prerequisites,
Download and install the apk in the next post
Go to Xposed Installer > Modules and enable "Advanced Power Menu"
Reboot and you are done! (Sometimes you might need to reboot more than once for all functions to work)
I'm not responsible for any damage caused by this mod! Use this at your own risk.
Once you use this software, you agree to the Copyright and Disclaimer statement.
See file on github
If this app helps you please press the Thanks button.
The Change Network State and Internet permission is needed for toggling mobile data.
My app, as well as some other xposed modules, was placed on Google Play without my consent.
This Google Play entry (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ncedrebootmenu) was made without my knowledge and agreement, and I am by no means affiliated with the said developer on that entry.
Authentic releases, whether current or future, is only available on Xposed Modules Repository unless I make another notice.