Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[ROM][4.3][CM10.2][HALO]HaloGen 0.9.5 Beta [DAILY DRIVER]

1,176 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,554

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi friends,

Welcome to HaloGen for i9500.
This ROM is a neat and clean CM10.2 with HALO feature from the ParanoidAndroid.

First I would like to thank the people who made this possible:
1) @intervigil and CM team for porting CM10.2 on i9500. Nothing was fated for this device without them.
2) ParanoidAndroid for making the fantastic HALO feature, proving once again that Android has been always about innovation of exciting user friendly features.
3) @Grarak and @doga.ozkaraca for constantly clearing my doubts whenever I had regarding anything.
4) @AndreiLux for his unbeatable Perseus kernel.
5) Samsung, who knows how to make good devices, but being dumbasses for not releasing sources.
6) Many thanks to the works of Cristiano Matos (https://github.com/cristianomatos). All the latest changes are totally derived from his work.
7) Special thanks to @hamdogg for a youtube review and an amazing logo image. Please subscribe his channel as a token of appreciation.

HaloGen
This was basically a personal project for me to learn Android OS development. I was fascinated about the HALO feature and so I began implementing it over the always faithful base of CM.

HaloGen sources:
https://github.com/IamSachin/

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you spoil your device using this. I have tested it on my device and the Known Bugs list is always up to date

Please refer second post for known bugs and changelog.

It's ready for a daily driver. Now I will look into device based stability in device tree.

Video Review:
Youtube Review by hamdogg

Screenshots:

Root Access, Super Su
(Fix is available-http://download.chainfire.eu/345/Sup...erSU-v1.51.zip) Thanks @AL_IRAQI -- CONFIRMED ROOT ACCESS WORKING

Download link : HaloGen 0.9.5
GAPPS : http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip
The Following 43 Users Say Thank You to iamsachin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamsachin Ad-Free

15th August 2013, 12:52 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi

More
Changelog

Beta 0.9.5:
1) Updated kernel to 4.3 source
2) Introduced kernel dependencies to fix bootloops. (thanks to intervigil)
3) Updated blobs to 4.3 source
4) Cleanups by intervigil

Beta 0.9:
1) init..rc, fstab, uventd cleanup
2) latest cm commits
3) latest halo commits
4) updated vendor blobs.
5) Moved to intervigil kernel. I will include Perseus kernel by default in future builds. Facing some compiling issues.

Experimental:
Sound changes. Please provide feedback on microphone input during calls.

Known bugs:
Standard Device Tree bugs
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to iamsachin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamsachin Ad-Free
15th August 2013, 12:55 AM |#3  
Flag Abu Dhabi
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Will it be ok to use it as my daily driver? Or still not stable enough

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
15th August 2013, 01:02 AM |#4  
Flag Manama, Bahrain
Thanks Meter: 489

More
Great to see this here

Sent from my GT-I9500 using --> Arrow ROM <--
15th August 2013, 01:08 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabledude

Will it be ok to use it as my daily driver? Or still not stable enough

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

With the latest intervigil commits, the random reboots are reduced.
HALO is crashing at times when new notifications are formed. I suggest to not use this as daily ROM as of this release version. I'll post when it will ready for daily use.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamsachin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamsachin Ad-Free
15th August 2013, 01:10 AM |#6  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 2,839

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsachin

Changelog
Alpha Preview 1:
1) Initial Release
2) Basic HALO integration
3) Basic kernel enhancement (thanks to @AndreiLux)
4) All latest intervigil commits.

This is just a preview of features. These bugs are being fixed:
Known Bugs:
1) All standard bugs as mentioned above
2) The SystemUI is crashing at times when new notification is being generated.

Here is the crash report, any help will be thankful:

i think problem is Layout: -30 < 0

layout setted outside of screen maybe its causing that problem
The Following User Says Thank You to doga.ozkaraca For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift doga.ozkaraca Ad-Free
15th August 2013, 01:15 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doga.ozkaraca

i think problem is Layout: -30 < 0

layout setted outside of screen maybe its causing that problem

Yes, but I am not able to track which function is calling that illegal width. I will soon commit it to my github.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamsachin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamsachin Ad-Free
15th August 2013, 01:27 AM |#8  
Flag San Francisco, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes, but I am not able to track which function is calling that illegal width. I will soon commit it to my github.

i didnt edit framework source codes before but i build an app. . but probably you have styles.xml or dimens.xml file. find that layout name and edit that but i'm not sure . ask that to @Grarak too and i can look your codes when you commit to github

and Keep up the good work. Rom looks cool nice good
15th August 2013, 01:34 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doga.ozkaraca

i didnt edit framework source codes before but i build an app. . but probably you have styles.xml or dimens.xml file. find that layout name and edit that but i'm not sure . ask that to @Grarak too and i can look your codes when you commit to github

and Keep up the good work. Rom looks cool nice good

I had to do some heavy framework edits here :P. That's why it took 4 days. I will go throught the files once again tomorrow to check the errors. Lets see what @Grarak has to say about it.
Thanks anyways bro

BTW @doga.ozkaraca ... Its been 1 hour with latest intervigil commits. No random reboots. I think that audio commit was the culprit somewhere.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamsachin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamsachin Ad-Free
15th August 2013, 10:59 AM |#10  
Flag San Francisco, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I had to do some heavy framework edits here :P. That's why it took 4 days. I will go throught the files once again tomorrow to check the errors. Lets see what @Grarak has to say about it.
Thanks anyways bro

BTW @doga.ozkaraca ... Its been 1 hour with latest intervigil commits. No random reboots. I think that audio commit was the culprit somewhere.

yes i'm compiling new rom now
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doga.ozkaraca For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift doga.ozkaraca Ad-Free
15th August 2013, 04:03 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 115

Donate to Me
More
Dunno if it helps but I discovered the weirdest thing about the Audio bug in phone calls, for the past 15mins I called and hung up to my other line and found that the noise only happens on the even numbers tries : the 2nd call ,4th, 6th and so on .
And on the odd numbers tries, the call was great.
Tried it for more than 20 phone calls even rebooted the phone and tried it again, same thing.

BTW : no random reboot yet for the past hour
Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moshikko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift moshikko Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)