Version 2 tablets can be identified by S/N: ST*********** ver 2 at the back panel of the device
Root on Karbonn ST-8 Ver 2:
DISCLAIMER: ROOTING YOUR TABLET WILL PROBABLY VOID YOUR WARRANTY FROM THE MANUFACTURER. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO ACCEPT FAULT FOR ANY ADVERSE EFFECTS OF ROOTING, THEN DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER. HERE BE DRAGONS.
- Download the utoo-root-signed.zip from here and copy it to a microSD card (do NOT extract it)
- Charge up the battery in your Karbonn ST-8_version2, Power Off and remove the charger cable.
- Insert the microSD card into your tablet
- Get into Recovery mode( Power+volume down ) .
- In the recovery you can move with the Volume down button, you can select with Power or Volume up
- Select the apply update from EXT option
- Select the utoo-root-signed.zip, this will install the package
- Wait for the update to finish
- Select reboot system now
Attached zip credit goes to xda user @Lannig
- Install SetCPU app
- Download the file Setcpu.txt from here
- Paste it into the root of your SD Card
- Open SetCPU, first change the governor from "conservative" to "performance2"(This is the most important thing)
- Click on options button(three dots) and then click Device Selection
- Select Custom Frequencies
- Now Set Min frequency to 48 MHz and Max frequency to anything according to your preference(Now you'll have the choice of setting the frequency upto 1.5 GHz)
- When you wan't to conserve more battery lower the Max Frequency(while browsing or listening to music maybe) and when playing HD games up the Max Frequency(Most games will run perfectly with even 1200 MHz)
- 48MHz of Min frequency will give more battery in in standby mode.
- Try not to Clock the CPU above 1.2 GHz for a long time as it could cause heat issues. The governor itself should speedup everything for you.
Low Internal Memory
The fact that our devices have only 1.51 GB of Internal Storage limits the capabilities of our devices. Especially with HD Games.
I recommend using GL2SD for games at the moment.
Get used to using the app, its pretty easy..
Also SEE THIS
hw.hasdata=false(was commented out and true)
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=240(was commented out)
hw.hasethernet=false(was true)[ I dont use ethernet :P ]
I use Greenify a lot
Also i had
1)phone.apk and odex
2)telephony.apk and odex
I removed them ( to stop displaying of cell signal usage in battery stats )
Also for ppl who want to unbrick st8-v2
- Get the stock firmware package from HERE
- Get the amlogic flash tool from HERE or HERE
- Follow the instructions for the flash tool using the instruction manual from HERE or HERE
See the above posts and remember...........do not do things blindly........read the details completely and understand and then implement
Press Thanks if I helped U..........cheers