6 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By Antialize, Junior Member on 17th August 2013, 11:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th November 2013, 08:36 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smile
Any update on this? Has anyone found a solution?

21st November 2013, 11:50 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 334

More
Originally Posted by OliverG96
I guess your button leds aren't working because of a missing symlink, actually the real path that controls the leds is /sys/devices/platform/i2c-gpio.7/i2c-7/7-0020/leds/button-backlight/brightness, if you go and open that file you will see that writting a 1 inside will turn on leds, and a 0 will turn of them.
The file we're actually using is just a symlink, I mean our path in use is fake on /sys/class/leds/button-backlight, which is linked with the real path, because is the global way that android uses. Changing it to point to the real path instead of the symlink may likely give compatibility problems with other apps, so I cannot change that on my public releases. But now that I said you what's wrong you can investigate it yourself.

A command that may work for this case is to run this on terminal and reboot (I'm not sure at all):

su
ln -s /sys/devices/platform/i2c-gpio.7/i2c-7/7-0020/leds/button-backlight/ /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/

didnt work for me but doesnt harm to try
The Following User Says Thank You to peter_baz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift peter_baz Ad-Free
23rd November 2013, 05:22 AM |#33  
Flag Mazatlan
Thanks Meter: 1

More
It may seem offtopic, but it actually isnt:

In some devices capacitive buttons begin to fail as soon as you flash your phone!. If anyone with a failing phone is in doubt, go ahead back to stock and try rooting (be it by flashing with ODIN or installing as update.zip from recovery).

In my case, as soon as I flashed recovery (either CWM or TWRP, any version) the capacitive buttons started failing, and would work intermittently, then after a small period (around 3-5 minutes) they would begin functioning normally.
26th November 2013, 04:09 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Did not work for me, there are no such paths:

/sys/devices/platform/i2c-gpio.7/i2c-7/7-0020/leds/button-backlight/ /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/
26th November 2013, 04:46 PM |#35  
Flag dordrecht
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Mines are rondom lighting up

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
11th December 2013, 01:45 AM |#36  

More
CM 11 - 10-12-13 - also problematic
i've tried fresh install 4 times already (or what i think its a fresh install, im very new at this), with the stock room works, but with the last release of CM 11 from Maclaw (from today, 10/12/2013) does not work at all.

the ROM is the best i`ve seen, but the capacitive buttons dont work and im gettin desperate! i dont know what to do!

has anybody found a solution?

Thanks!! a lot !

From Argentina!
The Following User Says Thank You to JuanDarien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JuanDarien Ad-Free
11th December 2013, 07:58 AM |#37  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanDarien

i've tried fresh install 4 times already (or what i think its a fresh install, im very new at this), with the stock room works, but with the last release of CM 11 from Maclaw (from today, 10/12/2013) does not work at all.

the ROM is the best i`ve seen, but the capacitive buttons dont work and im gettin desperate! i dont know what to do!

has anybody found a solution?

Thanks!! a lot !

From Argentina!

you can edit build prop to use screen button
11th December 2013, 12:23 PM |#38  

More
Genius!!!!

its not the best solution ever, i would like to use the softkeys, but its better than been unable to go back on a web page!

you are great, thanks!
15th December 2013, 02:07 PM |#39  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 6

More
we just hope developer build/fix the kernel for now
23rd December 2013, 12:47 PM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
The best solution for me -> i will buy me another phone ...

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda app-developers app
30th December 2013, 08:53 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have the same problem... my back and menu button hardware doesn't work... but they are okay when flashing with a stock rom...
French model...I8190XXAMG1 baseband... Does someone have a solution ?
Thanks !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)