FORUMS

[Q] Firefox OS port?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By MarcoZHH, Junior Member on 19th August 2013, 12:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi there!

I was wondering if it is feasible to port Firefox OS to the HTC One. Several previously android-based phones can run Firefox OS. The Kernel source is available, and we do also have S-Off IIRC.

Any thoughts on this?
19th August 2013, 12:47 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
it should be feasible, it is just a matter of skill and time but if i am informed right, ff os is more intended for low spec phones, so i am not sure if anyone will port it soon...
19th August 2013, 02:11 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fka

it should be feasible, it is just a matter of skill and time but if i am informed right, ff os is more intended for low spec phones, so i am not sure if anyone will port it soon...

Yes it is true that the initial markets and devices are targetted for low-end phones, but does that automatically mean that high-end devices can't run it?

If I had the skill, I would port it myself, but since I don't, I thought I'd start by posting this question here if it's possible at all.
19th August 2013, 07:46 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoZHH

Yes it is true that the initial markets and devices are targetted for low-end phones, but does that automatically mean that high-end devices can't run it?

I never said that high-end devices can't run it i said that due to the fact, that its targeted for low-end phones (so you won't get anything fancy) devs will more likely concentrate on more interesting subjects such as ubuntu touch e.g...

But lets wait and see what time will bring...im sure some day, one dev will be "bored" and start porting it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)