FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Screen protector like the Steinheil / sgp ultra crystal?

632 posts
Thanks Meter: 108

Post Reply Email Thread
I have used the Stenheil Ultra Crystal or Ultra Oleophobic from spigen / SGP on like my last 10 devices, because, they are by far and above the best I've ever used, hands down, in every way.

But for some reason, they decided not to make one for the DNA. My guess is the curved edge of the glass, they had issues with the curved glass on the Galaxy Nexus too since these protectors are "rigid". I don't care if it can't cover the entire glass as it's still better than nothing...

Anyone come across a screen protector that is like the Ultra Crystal for the DNA? IE - no orange peel, no gummy feel, no change in the picture quality, etc. IE - NOT a Zagg style protector, lol. Thanks in advance.
21st August 2013, 03:22 AM |#2  
Recognized Themer
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,370

Donate to Me
More
Have you ever tried 'best skins ever'? I use them on all my device. If you are generous with the solution the orange peel is so minor it's hard to see. I've actually used them so much I can get them on with no orange peel. They feel almost like the glass when placed correctly.
21st August 2013, 04:53 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Webster, NY
Thanks Meter: 108

Donate to Me
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp pilot

Have you ever tried 'best skins ever'? I use them on all my device. If you are generous with the solution the orange peel is so minor it's hard to see. I've actually used them so much I can get them on with no orange peel. They feel almost like the glass when placed correctly.

Yeah, that's a zagg invisible shield style. It's a protective material, not a good screen protector material. I'm looking for a rigid, dry install type protector. That type has NO orange peel and feels just like glass.

I used to use boxwave back in the day, they were nearly as good as Steinheil's. But it seems they stopped making protectors for all but the absolute most popular devices.

I'm probably going to order one (Steinheil Ultra Crystal) for the HTC One and just it it, it won't cover all the glass but it will the visible area at least. I confirmed this on my friends One.
26th August 2013, 03:03 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Have you considered tempered glass screen protectors? There appears to be one offered by iMUSE. It should offer the best clarity, but it cost $30. I haven't purchased one myself because there aren't any reviews to be found for this screen protector.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sgp, spigen, stenheil, ultra crystal, ultra oleophobic

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)