FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE]Update Samsung Galaxy Music Duos S6012 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 AND Root it

246 posts
Thanks Meter: 181

By itsnotmeatall, Senior Member on 22nd August 2013, 06:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

UPDATE YOUR SAMSUNG GALAXY MUSIC DUOS to OFFICIAL JELLY BEAN 4.1.2
Samsung has started rolling out the long-rumored but never officially-confirmed Jelly Bean update for the Samsung Galaxy Music Duos. Right now, it has been released only for Greece/Baltic region, but users around the world can easily download it and flash their devices.

Below find a complete step-by-step tutorial to update your Samsung Galaxy Music Duos S6012 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2:

[STANDARD DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A FAIRLY EASY GUIDE TO FOLLOW AND YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS UPGRADING YOUR PHONE. HOWEVER, PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IN THE EVENT THAT SOMETHING GOES WRONG AND/OR YOU 'BRICK' YOUR DEVICE.]

First off, download the following files

ODIN 3.07: https://www.copy.com/s/wSEoPPbzYXmF/...om_Odin307.zip

Samsung Firmware: NEW: GET THE LATEST (Jan 2014) 4.1.2 SAMSUNG FIRMWARE FOR EUROPE (GREECE) FROM HERE
METHOD TO INSTALL ON YOUR PHONE REMAINS THE SAME

EXTRACT BOTH THESE FILES TO YOUR DESKTOP. YOU SHOULD NOW HAVE TWO NEW FOLDERS ON YOUR DESKTOP.

HOW TO UPDATE:

Step 1:

Turn off your phone. Wait a few seconds, the phone will vibrate to confirm that it is fully switched off. Connect your Galaxy Music S6012 to a USB port on your PC using the ORIGINAL SAMSUNG USB cable that came with your device.

Step 2:

Go to Odin3 v3.07.exe that you have previously extracted into a folder on your desktop. Right click, and 'Run as Administrator.'

Step 3:

Now, press and hold three buttons at the same time: Volume Down + Home + Power button TOGETHER until you see the following warning message:

Press Volume Up button again to enter into Download Mode. Now your phone's screen will show this:

On the computer, you will see 'Added' in Odin’s message box:

You should also see COM port with a number highlighted in Blue if you successfully added your device. (Com 15 in my case)

NOTE: If you don’t get 'Added' then it means you do not have USB drivers installed for your device. Download from here. Install the drivers and try again. If it still does not detect the phone try another USB port or another USB cable.

Step 4:

In the Odin Window, click the PDA Button, and select the .tar.md5 file from the folder where you had previously extracted the Samsung firmware.

Step 5:

In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are only two that are ticked.

Step 6:

Now, to begin the flashing process, hit the START button. The top left box in the Odin window will turn green and the flashing process will start.

On your phone it will look something like this:

Step 7:

After installation of the system your phone will reboot automatically and you will see a PASS message in the top left box of Odin.

You can now safely unplug your device from computer.

Your Galaxy Music S6012 should now upgrade its apps.

When it starts up, it should run Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Go to Settings > About phone to verify.

Congratulations! You now have your Samsung Galaxy Music Duos running on OFFICIAL Jelly Bean!

Note: If you were rooted before, you will have to root again and re-delete the system apps you may have deleted earlier.Your other apps, system settings and files will still be there.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to itsnotmeatall For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift itsnotmeatall Ad-Free
23rd August 2013, 04:56 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bombay

More
Wink

NOW
ROOT
YOUR SAMSUNG GALAXY MUSIC S6012 JELLY BEAN 4.1.2

Now that you are enjoying the Jelly Bean goodness,
its time to root your phone so that you can remove all the bloatware,
make it faster and smoother, and customize the look and feel
to your heart's content.

NEW: ROOT THE LATEST (JAN 2014) SAMSUNG OFFICIAL 4.1.2 FIRMWARE FOR GREECE THROUGH THE METHOD PROVIDED BY @saikiransama DETAILED BY HIM HERE

* Thanks to mattanur for discovering the below method*

STEP 1

Download and unzip Cydia Impactor to a folder on your desktop.

STEP 2

Enable Developer Options on your phone, if you haven't already done so.

To enable it, click on Settings>About Device and scroll down till you see the "Build number".

Now keep tapping continuously on the Build number
till you see some messages on the screen counting down to enable the Developer options.
After a while, you will see a message informing you that the "Developer mode" is enabled.

Now turn on USB-debugging. Settings>Developer Options>OK>Tick USB debugging

STEP 3

On your computer, run Cycia Impactor (all the files from the zip should be in the same folder). It will look like this:

STEP 4

Click on the 'Start' button in Cydia. Wait till the program finishes running.

STEP 5

Install SuperSU app from Google Play. Open it. Click on 'Continue' when it asks to update binaries.

You're done! Now you can test your phone with the root checker app to make sure it is rooted.

Enjoy!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to itsnotmeatall For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift itsnotmeatall Ad-Free
Apourv
25th August 2013, 05:11 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up Thanks. Works.
I'm from India. This thing works. Thanks.
25th August 2013, 04:14 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apourv

I'm from India. This thing works. Thanks.

Hello , Instead of waiting for official update and update via this method will i void my warrenty ?
25th August 2013, 05:10 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bombay

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiranP23

Hello , Instead of waiting for official update and update via this method will i void my warrenty ?

No, because this is official firmware from Samsung, only it is not for your region.

It does not increase your flash counter either, so you are perfectly safe. In case you need to give it for warranty or something, just flash your original firmware version again (which is also available from the same site you will get the new one from).

Check your firmware version in Settings>About phone and then download the firmware from here http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-S6012
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itsnotmeatall For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift itsnotmeatall Ad-Free
26th August 2013, 02:18 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotmeatall

No, because this is official firmware from Samsung, only it is not for your region.

It does not increase your flash counter either, so you are perfectly safe. In case you need to give it for warranty or something, just flash your original firmware version again (which is also available from the same site you will get the new one from).

Check your firmware version in Settings>About phone and then download the firmware from here http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-S6012

thank you , updated

for others these are the messages Odin shows while flashing
Code:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> S6012XXUBME2_S6012OXXBME2_S6012XXUBME2_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> sboot.bin.md5
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!! 
<ID:0/003> boot.img.md5
<ID:0/003> recovery.img.md5
<ID:0/003> BcmCP.img.md5
<ID:0/003> system.img.md5
<ID:0/003> dt-blob.md5
<ID:0/003> param.lfs.md5
<ID:0/003> cache.img.md5
<ID:0/003> hidden.img.md5
<ID:0/003> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/003> RES OK !!
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> Remain Port ....  0 
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
1st September 2013, 05:26 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bombay

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9441Rahul9441

unable to root after updating my s6012

sorry for pm i was unable to post on thread

Which method did you try to root with?
4th September 2013, 04:14 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bombay

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercuate

Hi

I have a Galaxy Music Duos GT-S6012b (region from Brazil)

with:

Android

Base band
S6012BVJLJ3

Kernel
3.0.15-1150912

Compilation number
IMM76D.S6012BVJALJ3

I want to update to 4.1 following your tutorial & I just want to know if is it safe to do it to my cell model?

I mean it is s6012B not only s6012...

your post is awesome & I'd like to try it but please what do you say about this...

Quote:

I've followed your tutorial and my phone just keep boot looping

it says PASS! in odin but the phone is bricked I think

it wasnt rooted, just everything original

Do a factory reset:

Start your phone by pressing Home+Volume up+Power and you will get the recovery menu. In recovery mode you can use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select an option. Do Wipe data/Factory Reset as well as Wipe Cache Partition before selecting reboot system now.

Now try to start your phone normally. (You will still have Jelly Bean)
The Following User Says Thank You to itsnotmeatall For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift itsnotmeatall Ad-Free
5th September 2013, 11:36 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bombay

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotmeatall

Quote:

I've followed your tutorial and my phone just keep boot looping

it says PASS! in odin but the phone is bricked I think

it wasnt rooted, just everything original

Do a factory reset. Start your phone by pressing Home+Volume up+Power and you will get the recovery menu. In recovery mode you can use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select an option. Do Wipe data/Factory Reset as well as Wipe Cache Partition before selecting reboot system now.

Now try to start your phone normally.

I did it!!!

I'm running 4.1.2 from ZTA region

Thanks anyway

The Following User Says Thank You to itsnotmeatall For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift itsnotmeatall Ad-Free
6th September 2013, 01:25 PM |#10  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Unhappy
Could you please upload it on some torrent or some other website like mediafire(dot)com ?
Tried downloading from the site but failed between 300 - 350 mb twice
7th September 2013, 06:17 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bombay

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsinha

Could you please upload it on some torrent or some other website like mediafire(dot)com ?
Tried downloading from the site but failed between 300 - 350 mb twice

I have not uploaded, these are collected and uploaded by samsung-updates.com. Try download manager like flashget, internet download manager etc, these will resume your downloads even after they get interrupted. It is not safe to download roms from torrent or mediafire, 4shared etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itsnotmeatall For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift itsnotmeatall Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy music, galaxy-music, jelly bean firmware, jelly bean upgrade, s6012, samasung galaxy music duos

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)