Thanks Meter: 17

By goila, Senior Member on 23rd August 2013, 12:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th November 2013, 12:53 AM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-Savalas

Man you seriously need to recognise when someone is taking the P***.....

"Anyway I have purchased headphones Audio-Technica ATH-ES7" ---- this is the first sensible thing you've said. I have a pair of these, bought a couple years ago. Fantastic for the price. Don't expect massive bass, but clarity is excellent due to copper coated voice coils. Build quality is second to none.

Do me a favour. Don't plug them into,your f****** iPhone

i have to disagree .. the bass is actually on high level .. i wud say too much bass and high treble too ..
But bass are strong when music is turned up on max ..
I compared them with mine beloved porta pros .. must say i still like koss more .. :P even bcos a-technica are bit uncomfortable ..they dont cover whole ears .. thoo..
hahaha dont connect ip5 ... hahah i already did .. was comparing with p6 .. but i don't know always when i start listen , they sounds like mono then after few seconds is OK ..

1st December 2013, 09:09 AM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by goila

Root and system/etc/audio/codec folder delete -- reboot and enjoy

seems i got a small problem till now.. i mean ok sounds is bether but all players when i "forward" the song well that small dot that indicate the moment where the song play in that second well tthat dot don`t wana move anymore.. it always stay at start line.. i try with diferent players seems i got same problems.. guess deleting all thos things in the "codec" folder not a verry good method.. anyway my phone when i open it i got a logo with "tim" there is any chanse to delete that ? there is any firmware standard ? that will not install diferent "network" logos or applications..? i will like to "reinstall my firmware" but not the one with "tim" logos and aplications. it is posible ? anyone knows ?

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo83

Hi!
I have found another solution to resolve this problem.
You have to edit the file "local.prop" in this path /cust/YOURCARRIER/prop
In this file there is a string like this "ro.config.hw.security_volume=11", it's sufficient to delete this string (putting the # at the start of the string) and after a reboot, the volume will be good!
Tested on carrier WIND ITALIA
Paolo from Italy

i try this method but seems no effect.. and i deleted the files how the post says.. anyway i have not done backup of files. there is no firmware that don`t have this problem ?
2nd December 2013, 10:15 AM |#73  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tauio111

I have Viper4Audio installed, works perfectly.

Make sure you have root access and Root r/w turned on in ES.
Don't delete the file just rename the file. The file which handles the headphones is /system/etc/audio/codec/asound_UEDGE_ce_NDL.dat I advise you to rename it to asound_UEDGE_ce_NDL.dat.bak.

With Viper4Audio the sound is increased? For Viper4Audio is necessary root?
19th December 2013, 08:02 PM |#74  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

I have uncovered that it's sufficient to delete the string "ro.config.ce_authenticate=1" and "ro.config.hw.security_volume=11" in the local.prop in this path /cust/channel/neeurope/prop

Thanks Paolo, this method works very well - after restarting my P6. No need to delete or deactivate codecs by renaming them.

BTW: I can imagine what string "ro.config.hw.security_volume=11" does but any idea what "ro.config.ce_authenticate=1" authenticates?
21st December 2013, 05:51 PM |#75  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy help
hey guys can anybody but a step by step nooby guide ....... i really have no idea what r u talking about in the previous comments but i realllly realllllllly want the earphone to be louder
21st December 2013, 11:10 PM |#76  

More
call volume
hey guys not online is my music volume naff also my call volume i can hardly hear person im on b122 firmware. anyone help best way for music volume and calls appreciated!!!
2nd January 2014, 01:05 PM |#77  

More
Quote:

Hi!
I have found another solution to resolve this problem.
You have to edit the file "local.prop" in this path /cust/YOURCARRIER/prop
In this file there is a string like this "ro.config.hw.security_volume=11", it's sufficient to delete this string (putting the # at the start of the string) and after a reboot, the volume will be good!
Tested on carrier WIND ITALIA
Paolo from Italy

Easy and nice, works like a charm! Thx!
(hunagrian vodafone)
5th January 2014, 09:30 AM |#78  
Flag Madrid, España
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

I have Viper4Audio installed, works perfectly.
Make sure you have root access and Root r/w turned on in ES.
Don't delete the file just rename the file. The file which handles the headphones is /system/etc/audio/codec/asound_UEDGE_ce_NDL.dat I advise you to rename it to asound_UEDGE_ce_NDL.dat.bak.

BIG THANKS!!
For me it's best way to do so... Now i can drive correctly the AUX input of my Harman Kardon amp.
BTW: Do you know what's the file (or files) that handles general volume? or speaker...?
THX in advance.
Best regards & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
5th January 2014, 09:31 AM |#79  
Flag Jõhvi
Thanks Meter: 352

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by La_Aguja

BIG THANKS!!
For me it's best way to do so... Now i can drive correctly the AUX input of my Harman Kardon amp.
BTW: Do you know what's the file (or files) that handles general volume? or speaker...?
THX in advance.
Best regards & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Sorry, I dont know the filenames
9th January 2014, 01:27 AM |#80  
Flag Madrid, España
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

Sorry, I dont know the filenames

BTW:
After some days using the mod, I've found a undesirable "collateral effect"... The "noise canceller system" don't work anymore!.
Talking (from the street) with my wife, he reports big ambiance noise level... When I've restored the stock situation, the noise is gone!!
Could you check this effect or, perhaps, this happens only in my P6 unit?
Thx in advance.
15th January 2014, 10:25 PM |#81  

More
Unhappy
Hi all,

I'm new here.
I was looking for a way to boost my volume to and I came here to the solution to delete system/etc/audio/codec folder.
So I did and it worked, my volume was boosted and I was happy. Until I got my first call. My girlfriend said I was speaking to loud and she could hear allot of noise on the background. I saw some one posting here that by deleting the codec folder you also delete the 'noise cancelation' system. And another problem is that I can't update my phone anymore. Each time I try an update it gives an error message about that codec folder.
Stupid me did not make a backup of the codec folder. So here I am asking if some has the codec folder backed up and is willing to send it to me? Or if someone has another sollution, that would be great to.

regards
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)