FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Where does Android store email password?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By dnzksr, Junior Member on 23rd August 2013, 03:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello
I'm using LG Optimus Black 4.0.4 - stock rom, rooted.
I want to transfer my company email account from default email application to K-9 email app. But i dont remember the password. Is there any location that we can see the password? I've found wi-fi passwords as plain text. I hope I can read email password too.
23rd August 2013, 06:07 PM |#2  
Flag Malappuram, Kerala
Thanks Meter: 1,929

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnzksr

Hello
I want to transfer my company email account from default email application to K-9 email app. But i dont remember the password. Is there any location that we can see the password? I've found wi-fi passwords as plain text. I hope I can read email password too.

Why not reset the password (or click on 'Forgot Password')?
That way you can create a new password, and log in using that.
23rd August 2013, 06:16 PM |#3  
Flag City of Rangpur
Thanks Meter: 558

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hello

u can reset the pass.
this is like stealing!!!
23rd August 2013, 07:52 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalneo

Why not reset the password (or click on 'Forgot Password')?
That way you can create a new password, and log in using that.

what are you talking about? did you understand what i said? ı am using android email application. not web page.
I want to see my password on my phone. I have found that it is stored in a DB file. I need this file's location.
23rd August 2013, 08:55 PM |#5  
Flag Malappuram, Kerala
Thanks Meter: 1,929

More
Quote:

I want to transfer my company email account from default email application to K-9 email app. But i dont remember the password.

Quote:

what are you talking about? did you understand what i said? ı am using android email application. not web page.
I want to see my password on my phone. I have found that it is stored in a DB file. I need this file's location.

Of course I understood you mate. You want to use K-9 email app to manage your company email account, right? But you don't remember it's password. So, the easiest way is to reset the password and set a new one. Then you can enter the new one in the K-9 app and login! Simple.
23rd August 2013, 09:21 PM |#6  
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 1,631

More
Quote:

XDA gets very suspicious when someone new signs up to the forum and their first question is about something that could easily be used to obtain hidden information that you shouldn't do.

How do we know that you are not trying to access someone else's email password without their permission?

If this is, truly, for your own work email then just ask the IT department to reset your password - but it is highly doubtful you have really forgotten your work password and sounds dodgy.
19th August 2014, 05:01 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I had a similar problem as well. My email password could not be changed, there was no way to recover the password through the provider, and the workaround would have been to wait a few months for the account to be deleted and then reregister. Thankfully, I found the solution with a little googling.

Browse to /data/user/0/com.android.email/databases and copy EmailProvider.db to your computer. Other phones might have their database in a different location. Download and install Sqlite Database Browser from sourceforge.net if you haven't, and then skip down to the sqlitebrowser instructions here:

http://ubuntu42.blogspot.com/2011/11...-password.html
14th August 2017, 12:19 PM |#8  

More
Decrypt the password
On samsung phones, the passwords in /data/user/0/com.android.email/databases/EmailProvider.db are encrypted. You will need to use the 'samsung-password' decryption tool: lovasoa.github.io/samsung-email-password-decrypt/
3rd January 2018, 03:45 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTS

XDA gets very suspicious when someone new signs up to the forum and their first question is about something that could easily be used to obtain hidden information that you shouldn't do.

How do we know that you are not trying to access someone else's email password without their permission?

If this is, truly, for your own work email then just ask the IT department to reset your password - but it is highly doubtful you have really forgotten your work password and sounds dodgy.

O STF up do you know how many emails i have? No But i'll tell you 2 personal 3 for work a spam and 2 for shopping not everyone likes using one or two emails for 700 things. you know how hard it can be at times to remember passwords... tell me haven't forgotten a password and wish you could just recover it without having to fight to reset it. sometimes it's not as simple as yahoo where you don't even have to be the owner of the ****ing email to to reset it. Not only that but again he has it on his old phone trying to put it on his new phone or switch apps to something simpler... i'm with him i have about 4 phones with emails on them i don't even remember making... so NO actually he sounds like a legit worker that is tyring not to a piss off the I.T. guys by giving them more **** tastic jobs that we just loving doing. because it's not like we don't have More pressing matters to attended to like fixing your printer that people like to over cram so they have to refill it less often. or constantly keeping you in work by repairing your computers that crash on you well you are doing graphs and slide shows. we would love to stop all that to reset your password you should have put in a secure place to begin with.
3rd January 2018, 07:45 AM |#10  
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 1,631

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scornedlodas

O STF up...

TLDR...

Did you really create an account just so you could respond abusively to my post from 4 1/2 years ago? Srsly?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)