FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Touch Recovery BL v6.0.3.6 English Version [16/09/2013]

1,574 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,416

By Stickman89, Inactive Recognized Developer on 24th August 2013, 02:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

ClockworkMod Version: v6.0.3.6

Finally we'd like to introduce a working English version of ClockworkMod Touch Recovery for the Ascend P6... You heard that correct, no more wearing out those precious HW buttons, and more importantly navigation just became much more easier.

Installation Instructions
[INSTALLER VERSION]:

Code:
1. Install provided TouchRecoveryInstaller-vX_X.apk
2. Launch "Recovery Installer" from your homescreen.
3. Select "Install Recovery" and grant ROOT access on prompt.
4. Finally select "Reboot into Recovery" to launch CWM.
[Please note when installing zip files you'll need to select "choose zip from external sdcard" within the "Install zip" sub menu]

Installation Instructions
[BOOTLOADER VERSION]:

Code:
1. Ensure you have Recovery Installer (above) installed beforehand.
2. Copy TouchRecoveryLoader.zip to  the root of your external sdcard
3. Load the Recovery Installer and select "Reboot into Recovery" option 2. 
4. Once CWM Touch has loaded install TouchRecoveryLoader.zip via external sd card.
Reboot your device, to get into CWM Touch Recovery Hold Volume Down when device LED flashes red.

Credits:

surdu_petru
stickman89
S34Qu4K3
zhenaguo
Attached Files
File Type: apk TouchRecoveryInstaller-v1_0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.98 MB, 11053 views)
File Type: apk TouchRecoveryInstaller-v1_01.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.98 MB, 55194 views)
File Type: zip TouchRecoveryLoader.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.15 MB, 34075 views)
The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to Stickman89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Stickman89 Ad-Free

24th August 2013, 02:22 AM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Milton Keynes

Donate to Me
More

FAQ:

Code:
Q. Upon rebooting from CWM Touch Recovery (Bootloader Version) I am unable to get back into recovery there on after (no more red LED indicator). How do I solve?
A. When selecting "reboot system now" from CWM Touch Recovery (Bootloader Version) ensure you select No when prompted (No, Yes - Disable recovery flash, Go Back) otherwise required scripts get removed meaning you'd need to repeat the installation.

Q. I am unable to use Backup and Restore using this recovery.
A. Backup and Restore has been realized and tested on the Bootloader Version of the recovery, please use this version to solve your issue.

Q. Does the Bootloader Version wipe stock Recovery?
A. No, it is simply side loaded on boot using the scripts created by surdu_petru.

Q. Are there any Risks flashing TouchRecoveryLoader.zip?
A. No, the method used is a variation of the Touch Recovery Installer but with the added boot time scripts to allow booting to Recovery without Software assistance. No risks are imposed solely on flashing this version alone.
Changelog:

Code:
16/09/2013
  • New Bootloader Version created by surdu_petru. Show your support, thank his work here.
  • Updated surdu_petru's loader to CWM Touch Recovery.
  • Working Backup and Restore
25/08/2013
  • v1.01 - Fixed "Can't mount /sdcard/" error - (Thanks reyncla)
24/08/2013
  • v1.0 - Initial Release (CWM v6.0.3.6)
Known Issues:

Code:
  • Bugs Unknown, Please report on discovery.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stickman89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Stickman89 Ad-Free
24th August 2013, 02:24 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 96

Donate to Me
More
Great job bro! :thumbup:
Rom cooking started!
Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S34Qu4K3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift S34Qu4K3 Ad-Free
24th August 2013, 02:31 AM |#4  
Flag Penzance
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Well done everyone
24th August 2013, 02:32 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
After it installs, how do you get into it using the hardware keys?
24th August 2013, 03:00 AM |#6  
Flag Milton Keynes

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diffstyle

After it installs, how do you get into it using the hardware keys?

Currently the Recovery Installer acts as a launcher, this is the safest method available to date. Until we investigate a more permanent method that won't impose risks of a brick it will remain this way.

This method does not overwrite stock recovery so it cannot be booted using hardware keys until such time. Rest assured, users will be delighted to here that because of the aforementioned there are no risks imposed using the provided files otherwise.

To reboot into CWM simply use the provided launcher, the recovery need only be installed once, there on after simply select "Reboot into Recovery" to access CWM skipping step 3. Should you wish to install a new firmware/ROM you will however need to Reinstall the provided apk and Recovery by following the provided steps unless it has been baked into the ROM by the 'Chef'.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stickman89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Stickman89 Ad-Free
24th August 2013, 03:02 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman89

Currently the Recovery Installer acts as a launcher, this is the safest method available to date. Until we investigate a more permanent method that won't impose risks of a brick it will remain this way. This method does not overwrite stock recovery so it cannot be booted using hardware keys until such time. Rest assured, users will be delighted to here there are no risks imposed using the provided files otherwise.

Oh, i understand now. If I may ask, when there is compatible ROM released such as CM or any other one, will we just be launching it through the the available .apk and installing the ROM as we would on any other device via CMW?
24th August 2013, 03:21 AM |#8  
Flag Milton Keynes

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diffstyle

Oh, i understand now. If I may ask, when there is compatible ROM released such as CM or any other one, will we just be launching it through the the available .apk and installing the ROM as we would on any other device via CMW?

We're already hard at work on bringing custom ROMS for the P6, this and zhenaguo's Chinese recovery has very much opened the door for said possibilities. A bit of patience and we should see some life brought into the XDA P6 development forums.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stickman89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Stickman89 Ad-Free
24th August 2013, 03:30 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman89

We're already hard at work on bringing custom ROMS for the P6, this and zhenaguo's recovery has very much opened the door for said possibilities. A bit of patience and we should see some life brought into the XDA P6 development forums.

Thank you for this information! I shall be keeping my device then.
24th August 2013, 08:04 AM |#10  
Russia/Orel
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Congratulations!!!!!!!!
This CWM run on my D1 Quad XL!!!!!!
Thanks for all who create that!!!!!!
24th August 2013, 08:34 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Have got firmware B111 with root, but can't get the phone to boot into recovery. Tried adjusting the power management in order to enable recovery at start up, but no go - the app is not listed.

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)