Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.0+][ROOT] SCR Screen Recorder

165 posts
Thanks Meter: 360

Post Reply Email Thread
1st September 2013, 05:04 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Good thing you made this thread finally! I have not had any problems after some updates on my samsung galaxy tab 2 with cm 10.2
And gpu+ is faster for me that normal gpu rendering but cpu rendering is fastest, i don't know why. I don't know why other screen recorders are so slow compared to this but i am glad i found this some months ago.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Also there will be recording app called everplay for android but i don't know when because its gonna take some time to make it possible record without root but its for ios already. When it will be released for android i should record sound too like on ios, so you could get code from them to record sound. But even mic make my tab lag more.

2nd September 2013, 07:36 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Thumbs up
Love it! Best functioning, and looking, screen recorder out there.
Still I am dieing for the audio recording feature, I know its not easy or even possible but it is the single and only feature this app is missing from perfection.
21st September 2013, 11:00 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwobanas

If you’r running Android 4.3 try GPU+ image transformation mode which is much faster on some devices.

I'm not too familiar with the new features in Android 4.3. Why can GPU image transformation be faster with 4.3?
I looked on the official page, but i'm still not sure.

The official 4.3 news page says something like this:
Quote:

Android 4.3 builds on the performance improvements already included in Jelly Bean — vsync timing, triple buffering, reduced touch latency, CPU input boost, and hardware-accelerated 2D rendering — and adds new optimizations that make Android even faster.

For a graphics performance boost, the hardware-accelerated 2D renderer now optimizes the stream of drawing commands, transforming it into a more efficient GPU format by rearranging and merging draw operations. For multithreaded processing, the renderer can also now use multithreading across multiple CPU cores to perform certain tasks.

Is the multithreaded processing the additional benefit of using GPU image transformations over using the CPU?

P.S.: btw. I like the app, keep up the good work!
23rd September 2013, 11:16 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bit2

I'm not too familiar with the new features in Android 4.3. Why can GPU image transformation be faster with 4.3?
Is the multithreaded processing the additional benefit of using GPU image transformations over using the CPU?

It's not exactly about multithreading. GPU and GPU+ image transformation modes use OpenGL ES 2.0 to process the screen content (scale/rotate/change color format) in contrast to CPU mode which simply copies different color values from one memory buffer to another.

The difference between GPU and GPU+ modes is quite subtlr. GPU+ takes advantege of a new internal API introduced in Android 4.3 which allows to eliminate some inefficient OpenGL operations. This change is not advertised in release notes as it's quite a minor change in an internal API. If every such change was included in the release notes it would quickly grow to a size of a novel My hunch is that this changes are being added to allow some new features of Chromecast in the future... but this is just a speculation.
The Following User Says Thank You to iwobanas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iwobanas Ad-Free
23rd September 2013, 12:02 PM |#15  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Donwloaded and rated 5 stars too. It looks great so far!
23rd September 2013, 08:11 PM |#16  
Flag lisbon
Thanks Meter: 0

More
scr
my htc sensation only record in horizontal
24th September 2013, 08:35 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabolouspt

my htc sensation only record in horizontal

What happens if you try recording in portrait mode?
Note that some video players ignore rotation metadata included in the video and always display it horizontally. Default Android player and YouTube can handle metadata correctly and display portrait video vertically.
The Following User Says Thank You to iwobanas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iwobanas Ad-Free
25th September 2013, 06:21 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I would agree with another poster, if its ever possible to just record audio output people would make you a god lol.

That and using two programs that use the mic at the same time . i should have known you would be on this site haha.

Also, it seems I get really inconsistent file sizes with only the frame rate setting, like one file is 12.2 mb but is 8 minutes long (vlc says 8.548 fps) and another one is over 800 mb and is 11 minutes long, but has 75 fps from what vlc says. Strange i think
25th September 2013, 08:22 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaking177

Also, it seems I get really inconsistent file sizes with only the frame rate setting, like one file is 12.2 mb but is 8 minutes long (vlc says 8.548 fps) and another one is over 800 mb and is 11 minutes long, but has 75 fps from what vlc says. Strange i think

This is expected behavior. File size is proportional to frame rate. At 8fps encoder needs to store 8 screenshots a second, at 75fps 75 screenshots needs to be encoded. So 10 times more screenshots requires around 10 times more storage space.
25th September 2013, 06:25 PM |#21  
Flag Huntington Beach, CA
Thanks Meter: 237

More
what is the best setting for s3? im getting color lines and not my screen. ive played with different resolutions and still doesnt work.

im on 4.1.2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)