[APP][4.0+][ROOT] SCR Screen Recorder

165 posts
Thanks Meter: 375

Post Reply Email Thread
25th September 2013, 07:25 PM |#21  
Flag Huntington Beach, CA
Thanks Meter: 237

More
what is the best setting for s3? im getting color lines and not my screen. ive played with different resolutions and still doesnt work.

im on 4.1.2

26th September 2013, 11:42 AM |#22  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by polobreaka

what is the best setting for s3?

Unfortunately hardware encoder drivers on some variants of Galaxy S3 have some quirks making it impossible to record video with SCR. I'm working on adding software video encoder to SCR which should work on all devices. Unfortunately it won't be as fast as hardware accelerated encoder. If you'd like to receive pre-release work-in-progress version please get in touch via support email ( scr.screen.recorder@gmail.com ).
The Following User Says Thank You to iwobanas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iwobanas Ad-Free
27th September 2013, 02:40 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 203

Donate to Me
More
it won't work on my mt6589 phone using miui v5, there is no popup settings..
28th September 2013, 05:31 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Recommended phones
Hi Developer,

I'm getting a phone just for this functionality and would like to use your App to do my screen casting work. Are there certain phone models you would recommend, where performance and stability have been good?

Thanks!

Forsythe
28th September 2013, 06:10 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Working great on my Sprint Galaxy Nexus. Very cool to finally find a screen recording app that actually works, on this device. Thank you for creating this software.

dschoenike
28th September 2013, 06:16 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 175

More
POS doesnt work

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
28th September 2013, 03:18 PM |#27  
Flag Wassenaar
Thanks Meter: 1,762

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorv976

POS doesnt work

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Buy a proper phone
30th September 2013, 01:05 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwobanas

Many HTC devices are still not working corrctly. Especially on Android 4.0.x and 4.1.x. 4.2.x is a bit more stable.
I'm working on dedicated software encoding option to support problematic devices including HTX One.
This still require couple weeks of work. I'll be releasing an update with this encoder in second half of September.

Any news on this? I also own an HTC One X and cannot record anything because of the error above...
2nd October 2013, 12:50 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdrucker

Hi Developer,Are there certain phone models you would recommend, where performance and stability have been good?

So far I got the best videos using Google Nexus 4 (mako) with Android 4.3. And it's definitely good value for the money.
The Following User Says Thank You to iwobanas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iwobanas Ad-Free
2nd October 2013, 01:09 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgulled

Any news on this? I also own an HTC One X and cannot record anything because of the error above...

Did I say second half on September not October
This feature got delayed because I decided to try different approach first (hardware encoding with software color conversion) which didn't work.
I'm working on this software encoding right now. You can find the latest work-in-progress version in the attachment. Note that it doesn't support sound yet and the encoding performance is not great. You can get better frame rate by reducing resolution and bitrate in SCR Settings.
2nd October 2013, 01:13 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnle71

it won't work on my mt6589 phone using miui v5, there is no popup settings..

I haven't tested SCR on miui but some users managed to get it working by switching on "Show popup window"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	miui.jpg
Views:	5562
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	2296816  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)