FORUMS

Asphalt 8 graphical issue

582 posts
Thanks Meter: 101

By ugoff, Senior Member on 28th August 2013, 03:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
***SOURCE OF ISSUE FOUND: This game will only render correctly to a screen that is partially occupied by a persistent nav bar. If you disable it (to use PIE, for example), the graphics will degrade. This does not affect performance.

---Original question below---

Anyone try this on the ol' TF300T yet? I have. It seems the graphics are stuck at a low resolution setting, despite all the graphic levels being available to be chosen in the menu.
The Following User Says Thank You to ugoff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ugoff Ad-Free
29th August 2013, 04:39 AM |#2  
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 108

More
I have, but I suggests leaving it at low or really low. It really lags and get hiccups on high settings, even with medium settings that come default in the game

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 4
29th August 2013, 09:51 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Actually, it works great on my TF300T on highest settings. The resolution is really low, though :/
29th August 2013, 09:58 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I've tested it on Me301t with same hardware, first you can not download it from google play so you have to get it from gameloft shop , after that you find the game to be nearly unplayable ! framerate in some places drops even below 5fps , in other places it is around 15-20fps, i don't understand why same resolution and same hardware as nexus 7 we barely get anything near experience of playing Asphalt 8 in nexus 7 (tegra 3).
30th August 2013, 02:36 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noyfound

I've tested it on Me301t with same hardware, first you can not download it from google play so you have to get it from gameloft shop , after that you find the game to be nearly unplayable ! framerate in some places drops even below 5fps , in other places it is around 15-20fps, i don't understand why same resolution and same hardware as nexus 7 we barely get anything near experience of playing Asphalt 8 in nexus 7 (tegra 3).

I emailed Gameloft about it. After some back and forth, they told me "This means that your device doesn't support higher graphics." I replied to this reaming them on the Tegra 3's capabilities and how other software with more impressive graphics runs just fine on this hardware. Hopefully, there will be a fix down the road. In the mean time, if you bought the game, complain to Gameloft. They won't know there's a problem unless we tell them.
30th August 2013, 07:52 AM |#6  
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 663

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugoff

I emailed Gameloft about it. After some back and forth, they told me "This means that your device doesn't support higher graphics." I replied to this reaming them on the Tegra 3's capabilities and how other software with more impressive graphics runs just fine on this hardware. Hopefully, there will be a fix down the road. In the mean time, if you bought the game, complain to Gameloft. They won't know there's a problem unless we tell them.

it runs quite well on cm10.2 (on high settings) about the first 10 seconds it lags and then it's gone!
30th August 2013, 10:17 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahvt

it runs quite well on cm10.2 (on high settings) about the first 10 seconds it lags and then it's gone!

Mine runs fine as well, however, it looks like it was made for a low-resolution device and those graphics are being scaled up to fit the tablet's screen. Fuzzy fonts, highly-aliased polygons... How does yours look?
30th August 2013, 12:01 PM |#8  
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 663

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugoff

Mine runs fine as well, however, it looks like it was made for a low-resolution device and those graphics are being scaled up to fit the tablet's screen. Fuzzy fonts, highly-aliased polygons... How does yours look?

the same :'(
30th August 2013, 12:07 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
i recommend you to install a FPS meter and then see how is your FPS, for example test iceland map when there are rocks like roof in near end of the classic runs in first season and see the fps. For me it gets around 5fps which i don't call playable ! and again 15-20fps is not good either this is a race game and you should at least have 30fps which GS4 don't get it too
30th August 2013, 08:51 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahvt

the same :'(

That's actually strange. I just installed that latest nightly and tried it. The game looked like it should. I made no modifications to the settings of the ROM, just enough to install Titanium Backup and restore Asphalt 8. The only thing I've noticed different is that the nav bar was on the screen. Normally, I run without it, instead using PIE. The nav bar was always present when the game was running. I'm going to restore my PAC-Man rom and turn the nav bar back on to see if the problem is linked to the available screen space.

*EDIT: Yup. It's screen space-related. Seems that the game can't render to an actual 1280x800 space. It was made to fit within the space not including the nav bar.
10th September 2013, 09:16 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
mine works perfectly i sent my tf300t to some chinese guys and the change the screen and replaced it with asus tf 700 screen and also changed my cpu to snapdragon now i have a tf300t with a tf700 screen and they only charged me $40 now my tf300t work flawlessly with gaming
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)