FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] [Brick] ZTE Open, need low level flash (TPT?) instructions

70 posts
Thanks Meter: 26

By Defier525, Member on 29th August 2013, 07:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi folks,

unfortunately I somehow bricked my ZTE Open. I flashed cwm (worked fine) but after flashing both system AND userdata via flash_image, the phone won't boot and what is much worse it won't boot into cwm anymore as it hangs there with just showing the logo and the cwm version. The menus are missing, it does not react buttons and does not show up in adb. FTM mode is also non-functional, holding volup gets you also into broken recovery.

For earlier ZTE devices like the ZTE Blade it seems to be possible to low level flash them in diagnostics mode. Diagnostics mode is working fine on the ZTE Open (it shows up with the diagnostics port on USB. Luckily I also have all the 20 partitions backed up, but I don't know how to flash them in this diagnostics mode. I tried putting the files into the root of the SD card and including sha1/256/512 plus md5sum files, but it was not impressed by that. Not sure if this only works in FTM mode, though.

Any help would be highly appreciated! I highly assume that the procedure is the same as for the ZTE Blade.

29th August 2013, 09:21 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
This may help. http://pof.eslack.org/2013/07/05/zte...t-impressions/

At least there is more going on for Firefox Open over there.
29th August 2013, 09:34 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Thanks but as you might have noticed I posted several comments there already, but I thought XDA would be the right place for unbricking devices.
30th August 2013, 11:21 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defier525

Thanks but as you might have noticed I posted several comments there already, but I thought XDA would be the right place for unbricking devices.

Sorry! Eyes tight shut!
30th November 2013, 09:03 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Are there any updates on this one?

I have bricked Open too, I'm attaching the PCB picture, if it is any help to maybe find UART or JTAG pins?
Attached Files
File Type: zip IMGP6267_popisano.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.45 MB, 514 views)
23rd February 2014, 08:12 PM |#6  

More
Can someone be really nice and please dump the bootloader from working ZTE Open in send it to me?

I've found some guy, who maybe can help me write bootloder with JTAG.
11th March 2014, 05:22 PM |#7  

More
I think this should work, but no promises: https://sites.google.com/site/zteope.../download-mode
The Following User Says Thank You to psywolf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift psywolf Ad-Free
11th March 2014, 11:00 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psywolf

I think this should work, but no promises: https://sites.google.com/site/zteope.../download-mode

Thanks for your time to help, but this does not work for me. I get an error, when I press flash button (printscreen under attachments).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	880
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	2625747  
14th March 2014, 05:17 PM |#9  

More
I've tried to probe the pins with the multi-meter and found GND and V+ (picture under attachment)

Now it would be nice to have something like this -> http://www.grandideastudio.com/portfolio/jtagulator/
Attached Files
File Type: zip IMGP6267_popisano_2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.90 MB, 175 views)
16th March 2014, 05:06 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defier525

Hi folks,

unfortunately I somehow bricked my ZTE Open. I flashed cwm (worked fine) but after flashing both system AND userdata via flash_image, the phone won't boot and what is much worse it won't boot into cwm anymore as it hangs there with just showing the logo and the cwm version. The menus are missing, it does not react buttons and does not show up in adb. FTM mode is also non-functional, holding volup gets you also into broken recovery.

For earlier ZTE devices like the ZTE Blade it seems to be possible to low level flash them in diagnostics mode. Diagnostics mode is working fine on the ZTE Open (it shows up with the diagnostics port on USB. Luckily I also have all the 20 partitions backed up, but I don't know how to flash them in this diagnostics mode. I tried putting the files into the root of the SD card and including sha1/256/512 plus md5sum files, but it was not impressed by that. Not sure if this only works in FTM mode, though.

Any help would be highly appreciated! I highly assume that the procedure is the same as for the ZTE Blade.

tpt files for the zte open

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rnj3rja7g...131212_v1.2.7z
The Following User Says Thank You to hecatae For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hecatae Ad-Free
16th March 2014, 06:58 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
Thank you for the link. But what tool is supposed to be used to flash the files? And is there a way I can use my backup as well? In this case: how can I transform it to TPT files?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)