Thanks Meter: 28

By tom.pratt, Member on 2nd September 2013, 05:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd September 2013, 01:01 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinglyBill

Oh man I havent heard of either of these problems before. But that's good I want to get everything sorted.

The widget should just show up in your widget list as normal, I've attached a pic of what it looks like on my phone but it will vary depending on your phone and launcher. If it's not there then maybe restart the phone and if that doesnt work then uninstall and reinstall.

As for the boot loop I have no idea what could be causing that. Do you have any other accessibility services enabled besides Notifyer?

No, the only thing I had turned on was your app.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Just tried this app again and ran into the same issue. It sucks because I really wanted this to work. Your app and talk back services are not playing well together.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

16th October 2013, 03:35 PM |#12  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi*İ am using cm 10.2 (4.3.1) ..my phone galaxy s2..

"Phone" app does not show notifications badge..other* app is working.. (Sms,whatsapp,twitter etc)

Other problem "widgets" do not "fit the dock" menu cm 10.2

I bought the app, but I returned ..
I expect to resolve the problem.

Thanks
3rd November 2013, 07:34 AM |#13  
Flag Bennekom
Thanks Meter: 0

More
App title cut of with Nova
Hi,

I am using Nova Launcher on a Samsung Galaxy S2 with android 4.3 (SuperNexus 3.0). With Nova settings I changed the desktop raster to 6 rows, 5 columns.
With this settings, the name below the icon is not completely visible. Look at the screenshot to the "NOS Teletekst" app.
The first icon is a "normal" shortcut, the second a Notifyer widget with size 1X1, the third a Notifyer widget with size 1x2.

I hope you can fix it. Now I have to set the icon size to 90% to keep the app name, but then the icons are smaller than the standard icons.

Edit: adding a screenshot is not allowed. I have not posted enough until now.
Is there a moderator who can help me?

To view the screenshot:
Quote:

secure to dropbox.com followed by /s/3gqa9jx4mfhzzw4/notifyer_example.jpg

8th December 2013, 07:32 PM |#14  
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 218

More
4.3 support with notification listener will be better

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
25th January 2014, 06:48 PM |#15  
Flag Buzau
Thanks Meter: 294

More
Quote:

Haha easily done. Hope you like the app now that it's working, let me know if you have any more questions. Just out of interest is that a feature of your custom rom that you were able to install Notifyer onto the SD card?

Hi! I bought Notifyer & Unread Count, all is fine but Phone icon not show unread count number from missed call or other. I installed app on my nexus 4 runing 4.4.2 on ART and Nova Launcher.
Please solve this issue. Thank you much!
27th January 2014, 07:01 PM |#16  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Paul

Hi! I bought Notifyer & Unread Count, all is fine but Phone icon not show unread count number from missed call or other. I installed app on my nexus 4 runing 4.4.2 on ART and Nova Launcher.

Hi Vlad, thanks for purchasing Notifyer. I have just emailed you with a solution that I think will work. Here it is for the benefit of everyone else too.

To fix this problem you need to open the Notifyer+ app, then click on your Phone widget, then click Alternate App Notifications. Here you will see a list of all the apps on your phone including some system apps. You need to look down this list until you see an item in the list where the second line of text says "com.android.phone". There will be several system apps that have this as the second line of text, it doesn't matter which one you select.

This problem came up in one of the recent Android updates and I haven't had the chance to update the app to fix it yet. But luckily the Alternate App Notifications setting can be used to work around it. I think they must have changed one of the package names relating to the contacts app which has a knock on effect with Notifyer and the way it maps missed calls to your Notifyer widgets.

Hope that helps, Cheers!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lijr4ohb6z...7-18-50-04.png
The Following User Says Thank You to tom.pratt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tom.pratt Ad-Free
27th January 2014, 07:12 PM |#17  
Flag Bristol

More
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Paul

Hi Vlad, thanks for purchasing Notifyer. I have just emailed you with a solution that I think will work. Here it is for the benefit of everyone else too.

To fix this problem you need to open the Notifyer+ app, then click on your Phone widget, then click Alternate App Notifications. Here you will see a list of all the apps on your phone including some system apps. You need to look down this list until you see an item in the list where the second line of text says "com.android.phone". There will be several system apps that have this as the second line of text, it doesn't matter which one you select.

This problem came up in one of the recent Android updates and I haven't had the chance to update the app to fix it yet. But luckily the Alternate App Notifications setting can be used to work around it. I think they must have changed one of the package names relating to the contacts app which has a knock on effect with Notifyer and the way it maps missed calls to your Notifyer widgets.

Hope that helps, Cheers!

Is there plans to update the app to use the notification listener from Android 4.3 and up?

27th January 2014, 07:36 PM |#18  
Flag Buzau
Thanks Meter: 294

More
Quote:

Hope that helps, Cheers!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lijr4ohb6z...7-18-50-04.png

Thank you much much much Man. Lot of thanks, Now works fine after i folowed your advice. I love Notifyer.
Keep updating
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NotifyerMissedCall.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	2542847   Click image for larger version

Name:	Notifier & Unread Count.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	2542848  
27th January 2014, 07:39 PM |#19  
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Thanks Meter: 398

More
I cant add widgets to dock so this is no good for me.
27th January 2014, 07:43 PM |#20  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallumMarks77

Is there plans to update the app to use the notification listener from Android 4.3 and up?

Hi Callum, good question and it's something I've looked into in quite some depth. The main problem is that the notification listener service is good for displaying individual notifications, but it doesn't particularly lend itself to counting notifications.

Think of a messaging app like Whatsapp for example. When you receive a new message the notification listener will tell you. When you receive a second message without having read the first one Whatsapp will replace its existing notification with one that tells you that you have two unread notifications but there is still only one active notification. Notifyer doesn't actually know how many messages are there, it can't read the notification and it cant see into Whatsapp to find out, but it can count each time a notification arrives. Now imagine that you go into Whatsapp and read one of your two new messages. Now Whatsapp will update its existing notification to say that you have one new message. Notifyer can see that the notification has been modified but the problem is that Notifyer doesn't know how much the count should go down by (how many messages you actually opened). At the moment it just works by resetting the count to zero whenever you close down that particular app, which is possible with accessibility services but not the notification listener (accessibility services can see other things than notifications such as what app is currently occupying the screen).

That's just one example but bear in mind that in top of that, different Android apps work in massively different ways when it comes to notifications and unfortunately the notification listener service just does provide all information needed for Notifyer to figure an accurate count.

Hope that explains it, I know it seems crazy not to be using it for an app like this and I was slightly disappointed when I realised that it wasn't going to work.

Cheers,
Tom
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom.pratt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tom.pratt Ad-Free
27th January 2014, 07:49 PM |#21  
Flag Bristol

More
Quote:

Hi Callum, good question and it's something I've looked into in quite some depth. The main problem is that the notification listener service is good for displaying individual notifications, but it doesn't particularly lend itself to counting notifications.

Think of a messaging app like Whatsapp for example. When you receive a new message the notification listener will tell you. When you receive a second message without having read the first one Whatsapp will replace its existing notification with one that tells you that you have two unread notifications but there is still only one active notification. Notifyer doesn't actually know how many messages are there, it can't read the notification and it cant see into Whatsapp to find out, but it can count each time a notification arrives. Now imagine that you go into Whatsapp and read one of your two new messages. Now Whatsapp will update its existing notification to say that you have one new message. Notifyer can see that the notification has been modified but the problem is that Notifyer doesn't know how much the count should go down by (how many messages you actually opened). At the moment it just works by resetting the count to zero whenever you close down that particular app, which is possible with accessibility services but not the notification listener (accessibility services can see other things than notifications such as what app is currently occupying the screen).

That's just one example but bear in mind that in top of that, different Android apps work in massively different ways when it comes to notifications and unfortunately the notification listener service just does provide all information needed for Notifyer to figure an accurate count.

Hope that explains it, I know it seems crazy not to be using it for an app like this and I was slightly disappointed when I realised that it wasn't going to work.

Cheers,
Tom

Wow what a great answer Thank you

Will have a play with the free version before paying though, would you consider adding more badge theming options though? Such as the kit kat light theme that nova has? I did pay for the app and had a look but refunded it

Also would it be possible to set this up so it doesn't require a widget and works with the icons no matter what? Would love this to work in app drawers?

Regards
Callum

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)